Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stage tricks?

Go down 
+2
bassman
holydiver97595
6 posters
AuthorMessage
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Stage tricks? R_600_11

Hey guys! Long time, no see, I know. But, I can assure you all, I haven't left metal behind. In fact, I've been most busy these past few weeks with my band! When we get a demo out, I'll post a link to some of the tracks.

Anyway, this is not the point... In the picture above, you see Dio doing a ridiculously cool stage trick. He also does it a few times in this video. I was wondering if any of you knew how to do this, or where to find how. Any stage tricks for vocalists would be appreciated, because I kind of feel like spicing up my performances a bit. Any help is appreciated, as usual, and thanks in advance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:51 pm

No slam intended, but I would rather see someone sing really well than worry about how cool their stage moves are.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Hey HolyDiver. Welcome back. I'll check that video when I can. Hard to tell what he's doing in that photo.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey HolyDiver,good to see ya.I dont see anything special about that trick.He's holding the mic in one hand and rolling the stand with his other hand.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Yea man I wouldn't worry about doing stage tricks. Not to knock you or anything (please don't take this as me being a d*ck, just one musician to another) but most likely at the stage your band is in you won't have a stage big enough to do any tricks on for a while. Save your band mates a concusion or two and just work on honing (spelling?) your skills as a singer. Acrobatics, magic, and mic stand twirling later.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Stage tricks? Hmm, I remember quite a number of years ago I saw a local band put on a killer show at a community centre and the singer pulled off a couple cool illusions/magic tricks. Little props appeared seemingly out of nowhere as he sang originals and covers. Throughout the show he wore a bandana around his neck which looked lame a** but on the last song the played he untied it, took it off, wiped his forhead and shook it out; and out came a dove that flew around the center. Something that works in a smaller venue compared to a bigger hall. Odd thing though, I remember the tricks more than the tunes, so beware.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:10 pm

To all who say that stage tricks are unnecessary, I of course don't take that as a slam! I asked for your opinions, and I know that they're not necessary, but I just like the little flair of the particular one Dio's doing. He doesn't appear to have his left hand on it either, but, of course, he could've just taken it off for a second for the photo.

Anyway, I like other stage tricks, but I'm not really the "magical" type, so it wouldn't fit too well Razz haha

Also, thanks for the welcome back's! It's good to be back, for as long as it lasts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

Stage tricks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage tricks?   Stage tricks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stage tricks?
Page 1 of 1