Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another metal board people might want to check out

Go down 
+3
DallasBlack
mc666
Required Fields
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Another metal board people might want to check out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 6:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
As for forums in general, they mostly suck. Great forums generate talk around the net, more people sign up, and eventually they turn into a typical craptacular forum. I hold little faith that this great Heart of Metal forum will remain so for a long time.
This board has been around since 2004. When it was the Ulty board on ezboard. It will never turn into what you're saying it might. Scott and Kurt won't let that happen.
That would be awesome! I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm only speaking from experience, and that experience has showed me that once it becomes too much of a hassle to moderate, the moderators just back off and quit moderating pretty much altogether. I've seen this happen at countless forums.

If Scott and Kurt can keep this forum civil and mature, that would be pretty awesome.

The only time I can remember a real fight, there were a couple of guys who didn't post much (can't remember their name), they started fighting and were banned on the spot. It won't happen, imo.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
About the Rock forum, yeah it is pretty much the non-metal room. I don't always agree with what bands go where, but again, if someone disagrees, let us know. I don't think yet another forum for non-rock related stuff is a good idea though. More sections will only clutter things up. We're already at the brink of it now!
Check out the forum structure here: http://www.metalreviews.com/phpBB2/index.php

Now, this forum is clearly not in need of that many forums, because there's not enough people here, but that structure did work when the forum was a good one. The average age of user there is like 15, though, so it's basically Blabbermouth. But the structure did work, and it wasn't cluttered or anything.

Seems to me they just added sections for just about any sub-genre out there. That is just too much, imho. Maybe we should just change the Rock section so it is more clare that all the non-metal topics should go there?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:36 am

We've hi-jacked this thread long enough, so i'm taking this discussion over to the generan discussion area.

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another metal board people might want to check out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2