Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disabled people in metal

Go down 
+12
Glenn Rogers
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
sam
Troublezone
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
exact33
Required Fields
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Disabled people in metal Empty
PostSubject: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:47 pm

There are many famous blues and jazz musicians over the years who have been blind. Also, let's not forget classical composer Ludwig van Beethoven, who was deaf for part of his career and still managed to compose.

Who are some disabled metal musicians?

Dave Carlo, the guitar player for Razor, is blind.
Jeff Becerra, who was the lead singer of Possessed, is crippled.
Also, if you consider them metal - there is the obvious answer, the drummer for Def Leppard, who has one arm.

Can anyone think of anyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:55 pm

just about everone in metallica Smile

Alex

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Dio

Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:03 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Dio

Shocked lol!

everbosy close their eyes. Scott come over here :kickbutt:

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Jason Becker :bangyerhead:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Mick Mars is a solid bone.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Quote :
Scott come over here Disabled people in metal 422713

He's my favorite, does that ease the pain?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Jason Becker :bangyerhead:

Damn, I was gonna say that.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Rick Renstrom was the first person that came to my mind. He doesn't seem like he's slowed down a bit by his deformed arm. Amazing guitar player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Brad Baker of King Snyder
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=124378
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Rick Renstrom was the first person that came to my mind. He doesn't seem like he's slowed down a bit by his deformed arm. Amazing guitar player.

He was my first thought as well.

Steve Rowe is another. Before his fight with Lymphatic Leukemia he as a healthy person. He was clinically dead several times only to be revived. He was told he would never walk again, no less play bass or tour the world. That was all in 1997. Since that time he has toured the world and put out many more CDs. A walking miracle. He is still disabled as he is nearly blind and can not stand for long periods of time. He walks with a cane as well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

He was my first thought as well.

Steve Rowe is another. Before his fight with Lymphatic Leukemia he as a healthy person. He was clinically dead several times only to be revived. He was told he would never walk again, no less play bass or tour the world. That was all in 1997. Since that time he has toured the world and put out many more CDs. A walking miracle. He is still disabled as he is nearly blind and can not stand for long periods of time. He walks with a cane as well.

That is a testament to his faith in God! cheers
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:59 pm

I have a friend who plays drums in a band called Army of Darkness and he is disabled but amazing on the drums. The disability has to do with his legs but i forgot the medical term for it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11166734
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:09 pm

gotta love the folks who keep on going no matter what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:29 pm

The singer from Angels in Exile was a paraplegic in a wheelchair.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The singer from Angels in Exile was a paraplegic in a wheelchair.

exactly what I'm talking bout, it ought to inspire us all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Is he really? I never knew that. Is this a recent occurrence or has he been blind all his life?

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think a member of the long-gone NJ metal band Balistik Kick was handicapped to some extent. I believe it was the drummer if memory serves.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:57 pm

"I'm not 100 percent sure but I think a member of the long-gone NJ metal band Balistik Kick was handicapped to some extent. I believe it was the drummer if memory serves "

Wow,..Balistik Kick, I haven't heard that name in a long time. I should still a few of their demos in the tape rack
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Is he really? I never knew that. Is this a recent occurrence or has he been blind all his life?

I'm not sure, but I know he has been blind for many years now. I know for sure that he wasn't blind in the early years, but he became such over time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:38 am

Gene Hoglan
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Gene Hoglan

Are you being sarcastic or is there really something wrong with him? I don't know the guy, other than his mad drumming skillz, yo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:24 am

ccs wrote:

Wow,..Balistik Kick, I haven't heard that name in a long time. I should still a few of their demos in the tape rack

I still have a copy of their first self-released CD, pretty good stuff. The more I think about it, I think it was their drummer who was handicapped, cuz if memory serves they had a feud going with another local band who eventually wrote a song called "Crippled Drummers Suck"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Gene Hoglan

Are you being sarcastic or is there really something wrong with him? I don't know the guy, other than his mad drumming skillz, yo.

I dont know of anything other than his obesity
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

thrasher73 wrote:

Ya, he's a big dude. I saw Dark Angel open for Overkill many moons ago and at the end of D.A.'s set Gene came to the front of the stage and pretended he was gonna stage dive. That floor cleared out faster than the Red Sea

lol!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:41 am

thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Gene Hoglan

Really? I had no idea. I don't think I've ever seen him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disabled people in metal   Disabled people in metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disabled people in metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next