Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another metal board people might want to check out

Go down 
+3
DallasBlack
mc666
Required Fields
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Another metal board people might want to check out Empty
PostSubject: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:06 pm

http://forum.noofficialcapacity.net/index.php?sid=be554f28fe5cd355edab646dfde6524e

I recommend some of you register and sign up. It's a cool place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:31 pm

i barely keep up with the forums i run & belong to now, but i'm sure it a great place.

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:38 pm

Um...that looks like your forum. Every thread is yours! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:43 pm

I actually don't own it, LOL. But it's still a good place. I noticed myself that a lot of the threads were mine, which I have been cutting down for the last month or two.

Still, I make quite a bit of posts in the other threads.

Anyways, I do suggest you guys check the place out and sign up.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:39 am

How does it treat Christian metal heads? Non-Christian's sometimes don't like us very much (even though we are as big if not bigger metal heads than they are).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:23 am

I haven't seen much mention of Christian metal in general, but as far as I know, there's little if any hostility towards Christians. A few attacking Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson types, but even the Christians here hate those guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
(even though we are as big if not bigger metal heads than they are).

AMEN BROTHA!!!

🤘 🤘 🤘

As for the board - I'll try to check it out - but I'm an admin at another board myself - and I've really been spending a lot of time here.

If I get the time I'll try it - but not sure I will to be honest. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 6:06 pm

I see none of you have joined. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 6:58 pm

Is there any good forums out there ? I only come here and also go to a UK Thrash site and and Irish Metal site, other than that I don't do anything, Thrashunlimited is crap and full of the finest asskissers that walked this earth.

I like it here because you can talk about Cinderella or Europe or Defiance and not get hammered about it, but I personbally don't like all these polls and lists etc..... I mean yes I love reading the threads "Top 10 Glam releases of 2007" in January of '08, NOT in september or october of '07. Whyyyyyyyyyyy damn it everyone knows that there is gonna be more kickass albums released in the next couple of months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 7:38 pm

Haha. Now you've done it. Locky is pulling his hair out! I agree, though, I hate polls in general. Sometimes good, most of the time bad. Haha.

As for forums in general, they mostly suck. Great forums generate talk around the net, more people sign up, and eventually they turn into a typical craptacular forum. I hold little faith that this great Heart of Metal forum will remain so for a long time. It would be awesome if it did, but I've never found a forum that I posted at for more than a few years before giving it up to the horde of whiny, trash-talking Blabbermouth kids.

The only forum I have remained active at for a long time is a boxing forum, been a member since 2002, and the only reason I stay is because the charm of the forum is that it's comedically hateful. It's purpose it talking trash, pretending like you dislike everyone and everything (except when discussing boxing), and it's funny as hell! Everyone has alternate accounts and it's just a big, goofy forum. I can only imagine what someone on the outside looking in would think, though. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I hold little faith that this great Heart of Metal forum will remain so for a long time. It would be awesome if it did, but I've never found a forum that I posted at for more than a few years before giving it up to the horde of whiny, trash-talking Blabbermouth kids.

Yea I know what you mean, Leadership has to come from the top and cut out that kind of crap when it starts and it will start as you've said, that's why it's important for the powers that be to been seen to take part in the place, there's no point in people being silent members, and there's certainly no point in handing out positions to people like sweets as too many sites out there just promote & promote members and there becomes too many boss's and get nothing done..

I really though (and wanted) the extra Rock section that was added here, but I really dislike the way it's gone and don't bother checking it out at all now.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 7:59 pm

I stick to this one and the Christian Metal Realm......

Eyesore how you described the boxing forum is how The Warpath seems to me....but it was just too much of everything for my sensative eyes and sensibilities so I got out of that place...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 8:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I stick to this one and the Christian Metal Realm.

Same here.I barely have time for those two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Locky wrote:
Yea I know what you mean, Leadership has to come from the top and cut out that kind of crap when it starts and it will start as you've said, that's why it's important for the powers that be to been seen to take part in the place, there's no point in people being silent members, and there's certainly no point in handing out positions to people like sweets as too many sites out there just promote & promote members and there becomes too many boss's and get nothing done..
Yeah, Devin Townsend's forum sucks because of that. Way too many mods and none of them are on the same page. They'll delete/lock/edit a post, then they'll quote a rule that doesn't apply, but in their twisted little I'm-so-important mind they've made up their own interpretation. Haha. It's terrible. And they made brand new forum members/Devin fans moderators! Ridiculous. You've got this new fan that owns one album slamming fans that were on Devin's Yahoo! list for nearly 10 years! It was a joke. So I post very infrequently there now, unfortunately. I'd get myself banned if I posted more often.

I remember when I posted something about my friends band in the General section. It was moved to the FAN ART AND PROJECTS section, and I was reprimanded in a PM for breaking the rules! Haha. It wasn't my art! The sub-description reads "share and show your art, your music and every ounce of your creativity." Yet this jackass mod just said, "You know what you did wrong. Do it again and you'll be banned." Haha. That was when I stopped posting there. And nothing has changed. When you can find a hundred locked threads on a forum in two minutes, you know what to expect. The Def Leppard forum is the same.

Quote :
I really though (and wanted) the extra Rock section that was added here, but I really dislike the way it's gone and don't bother checking it out at all now.
What's the problem with it? My only complaint would be that most threads seem to belong in neither the rock nor metal section, but the Unsound Mind forum. The description does say "non-metal music," though, so maybe that means more or less "rock...and everything else."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:23 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Eyesore how you described the boxing forum is how The Warpath seems to me....but it was just too much of everything for my sensative eyes and sensibilities so I got out of that place...
Oh, this one is brutal. Racist, sexist, just flat out hateful, but in a funny way. But knowing all of this is just a joke, it's easier to understand. It takes a strong noob to stick around and become a regular. But aside from that, people are friends offline, they trade boxing videos and such, meet up at boxing events, make bets on fights and actually pay up through paypal. As strange as it may seem, it's one of the most cohesive forums I've ever visited. In fact, the current forum is an offshoot of a forum attached to an official boxing site that once got hacked and gave everyone a ton of pain-in-the-balls viruses. When it was clear the owner, Larry The Jew (that's what we called him, and he laughed), didn't care and left the board that way for over two months, we all jumped ship and created a new forum. I mean, literally, hundreds of forums members packed up and moved and we all paid for a new forum. Haha.

It's different from just a hateful forum. This one doesn't really come off as really hateful because everyone is always joking, they're not just coming off as jerks. You know? Just funny jerks. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:25 pm

i only belong to 2 metal forums including this one. i don't like chatting with most metal heads because they are elitist douche bags. the other forums i go to have nothing to do with music.

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:42 am

I also hate the 'elitist' metalhead mentality. I love metal but give me a break! Those people think they smurf poo ice cream.

I like coming here because there is not any of that here. People respect you. I also go to Rock Island (where I'm an admin) and that place rocks pretty hard too. I really only have time for these two.

I've tried other boards, but I get tired of them - whether it's the metalhead elitist bullcrap, or just boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 am

Elitist? Got to the Hellride Music forums and look up my name. You wanna see some flamewars? Haha. Those guys are jackasses!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:23 am

I like this forum but I also have never been a member of any other forum so I can't really compare. At this juncture I just don't feel the need to go anywhere else. The fact that I've admitted to enjoying music from the likes of John Denver and Billy Joel and haven't gotten laughed off this forum gives me hope that I'll be here for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:25 am

That is the number one thing I appreciate here....everyone is just so laid back and relaxed about things. Truly a good metal board....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That is the number one thing I appreciate here....everyone is just so laid back and relaxed about things. Truly a good metal board....
Don't jinx it! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Quote :
As for forums in general, they mostly suck. Great forums generate talk around the net, more people sign up, and eventually they turn into a typical craptacular forum. I hold little faith that this great Heart of Metal forum will remain so for a long time.

This board has been around since 2004. When it was the Ulty board on ezboard. It will never turn into what you're saying it might. Scott and Kurt won't let that happen.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:05 pm

I think we can manage to stay rather small, and still have all the cool people! hehe

But I really would like people to state their opinions about how we run things here. Heck, we don't even have a set of rules here, as it hasn't been necessary yet! But if you guys love or hate anything here, want ot add something, remove something let us know, and we'll try to please.

About the Rock forum, yeah it is pretty much the non-metal room. I don't always agree with what bands go where, but again, if someone disagrees, let us know. I don't think yet another forum for non-rock related stuff is a good idea though. More sections will only clutter things up. We're already at the brink of it now!

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:09 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
As for forums in general, they mostly suck. Great forums generate talk around the net, more people sign up, and eventually they turn into a typical craptacular forum. I hold little faith that this great Heart of Metal forum will remain so for a long time.
This board has been around since 2004. When it was the Ulty board on ezboard. It will never turn into what you're saying it might. Scott and Kurt won't let that happen.
That would be awesome! I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm only speaking from experience, and that experience has showed me that once it becomes too much of a hassle to moderate, the moderators just back off and quit moderating pretty much altogether. I've seen this happen at countless forums.

If Scott and Kurt can keep this forum civil and mature, that would be pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
About the Rock forum, yeah it is pretty much the non-metal room. I don't always agree with what bands go where, but again, if someone disagrees, let us know. I don't think yet another forum for non-rock related stuff is a good idea though. More sections will only clutter things up. We're already at the brink of it now!
Check out the forum structure here: http://www.metalreviews.com/phpBB2/index.php

Now, this forum is clearly not in need of that many forums, because there's not enough people here, but that structure did work when the forum was a good one. The average age of user there is like 15, though, so it's basically Blabbermouth. But the structure did work, and it wasn't cluttered or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another metal board people might want to check out   Another metal board people might want to check out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another metal board people might want to check out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next