Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non metal efforts from metal people

Go down 
+13
Schbopo
biddle
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Lurideath
mc666
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
muztaine
ultmetal
powermacho
kmorg
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Non metal efforts from metal people Empty
PostSubject: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 pm

What are some good examples of artists mostly known in the metal curcuit have also done non-metal efforts?

My first thought was Jimmy P.Brown (Deliverance) doin' his Fearful Symmetry and Jupiter 6 albums.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:17 pm

ritchie blackmore with his blackmore's night
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Mark Soloman of The Crucified recorded a rap project. Cannot for the life of me remember the name of that project though.

Metal novice
Metal novice
muztaine

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Alex Skolnick, a few different things.
I got his Alex Skolnick Trio album, it's pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 pm

One of Metal`s greatest stars ever, Ron Keel, has gone Country..

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Those new age-y solo albums from Jim Matheos.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Glenn Danzig's classical albums

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Eric AK (Flotsam and Jetsam) has done country.
Lemmy Kilmister has his rockabilly band called The Head Cat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Have read the Steven Patrick (ex-Holy Soldier) has "gone country" as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Speaking of Holy Soldier, David Zaffiro's solo output
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (featuring Savatage members) is hardly "metal"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:02 pm

what about the bass player from ramones.I wonder how serious was DEE RAMONE Laughing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:21 pm

powermacho wrote:
what about the bass player from ramones.I wonder how serious was DEE RAMONE Laughing
was Dee Dee in a metal band?

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
powermacho wrote:
was Dee Dee in a metal band?

I wouldn't call the Ramones a straight up metal band of course, but I think there's a lotta "metal" leanings in their mid/late 80s stuff...

I believe Powermacho is referring to Dee Dee's first solo effort, which was a godawful attempt at white boy rap under the name "Dee Dee King" sick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:26 pm

woops...nevermind. READ TROY READ!!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:54 pm

LOL, that was a bad Idea from DEEE DEE Ramone. I still wonder if he was ever serious about it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 pm

powermacho wrote:
LOL, that was a bad Idea from DEEE DEE Ramone. I still wonder if he was ever serious about it Laughing

That boy was so jacked up on heroin at the time that he probably didn't even remember his own name. Laughing

Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Didn't ult sing on a traditional Christmas cd?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 pm

David Lee Roth-Crazy From The Heat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:28 pm

biddle wrote:
Didn't ult sing on a traditional Christmas cd?

Yes, and this fanboy owns it! Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Doh, why didn't I think of that?!! I always find it funny that TSO is listed in the Metal Archive, while other bands like Ratt isn't! :lol Stryper was rejected for the longest time also!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Doh, why didn't I think of that?!! I always find it funny that TSO is listed in the Metal Archive, while other bands like Ratt isn't! :lol Stryper was rejected for the longest time also!

What? Ratt is not on MA? It's funny how Deep Purple is there but they refuse to put Led Zeppelin. The first 3 DP albums are so not metal, I have lost a lot of respect for that site in the last few years, specially since they refuse to accept my non-biased reviews.

Back to the subject at hand. How about Jason Newsted doing Echobrain? Or Rob Halford and that Voyeurs album? Does that qualify? Glenn Hughes has done a lot of funky material that's not really metal, although he wasn't always a metal guy to begin with.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:16 pm

Would Geoff Tate's solo disc count?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:05 pm

metalken wrote:
Would Geoff Tate's solo disc count?

Would the last three or four Queensryche discs before OPERATION MINDCRIME II count? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Chris Poland's jazz/fusion band(Ohm) and Marty Friedman's music career in Japan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non metal efforts from metal people   Non metal efforts from metal people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non metal efforts from metal people
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next