Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?

Go down 
+17
Addy
Fat Freddy
TrogDawn
Smindas
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
KissinMaiden
fishingd
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
kmorg
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
Thrasher73
sovdat
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Empty
PostSubject: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm not asking (just) for this, new version of forum, but for the old versions too.

Me - I discovered Ezboard forum somewhere in april 2006 through
Metal-Metropolis page, I wanted to sign in, but the system was
rejecting me all the time. Finally I try again in june and it worked
fine then Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:04 pm

I discovered the old board as soon as Jake created it. He told me and I headed over there. I have been with the CMR and the Ultmetal board both since day 1. Sadly due to my own stupidity I was banned from the CMR. Gotta give Scott credit, despite the jerk I can be sometimes he never, ever banned me.

The new board. Well, I saw the post about them moving, and I came right over. To be honest, I like this alot better. Better format, and its free. Although if they ever need help to cover costs I will be the first in line to donate, anytime. I aint a Christian, but Scott and Kmorg are 2 Christians I have alot of respect for
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:16 pm

I came across Ults site one day last summer doing a search on Vengeance Rising.I started reading his reviews and then somehow migrated to the discussion board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 4:03 pm

I never knew about the old forum. I just stopped by here recently for my bi-monthly check to see if the site's been updated and saw mention of a new board. So I joined. =)
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:01 pm

i knew bout old forums. always visit NLTM web page. and i did it last time and see hot board ... so why not join into Metal Club ? so im in. i like it here. see, read news.

( ... Catch Scratch Fever ... love this song )
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:24 pm

I have been a regular visitor of NoLifeTilMetal for a couple of years now. I browsed the old board now and then, but when the new board came along, I registered and now post here on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:53 pm

This is my first day. I googled "Locky loves boy bands" and it brought me to this site. Pleased to be here.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 pm

I have been around since day one as well. I was an admin at the old board, and am at this one as well.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 12:46 am

i first corresponded with Scott (George) through a "short" in Metal Maniacs magazine. he had made me a sampler tape with alot of Christian & secular metal togeter. that was back in the late 90's.

i found that cassette last year & did a web search on "Ultimatum" to see if maybe i could get into them after hearing more. I found the No Life Till Metal site & read it entirely.

i never did get into his band, but i enjoyed his knowledge of metal so much i used my existing cheezyboard account to join the forum.

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
This is my first day. I googled "Locky loves boy bands" and it brought me to this site. Pleased to be here.
lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 6:25 am

Well, I stumbled across Scott's webiste years ago, and starte emmailing him, and traded some music with him. I'm not sure if he showed me an URL, or if I just also stubled across the old Tourniquet board, where I joined during it's last year. Then I followed the crowd when most people moved to the CMR, after the TQT board died. I became a fan of ultimatum, and it was natural for me to join the ultimatum board too, when Jake opened it. And when Jake abandoned that board, and Scott finally took over the control of that board, he asked me to help out as an admin. Then the whole ezboard system threatened to move over to something called Yuku, which is basically a MySpace knock off, combined with discussion board features. I'm not buying that, so we came up with this new board instead. First I tried to create a phpBB board, but found the task impossible for my zero knowledge of HTML coding. So this Niceboard thing was a better choice. It's also based on phpBB, but here you don't need to know any HTML to create a nice platform. And the best part? It costs next to nothing!! I think I've paid 20$ to keep this board running add free for 2 years.

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 7:08 am

Saxon told me this was where to get all the info on all them Boy bands that I so truely love (he lied). It's full of damn Metalheads & Saxon1500,

Any one got any Backstreet Boys boots ?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 7:15 am

Quote :
Any one got any Backstreet Boys boots ?

Yeah, I've got Howie's left cowboy boot from the 1st tour. He lost it during a difficult heel flip during the second encore!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 7:25 am

btw: i didn't discover kmorgs site until after becoming a member of this forum. also some interesting reading, despite his review of Rust In Piece. Shocked Laughing very hard

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 7:45 am

mc666 wrote:
btw: i didn't discover kmorgs site until after becoming a member of this forum. also some interesting reading, despite his review of Rust In Piece. Shocked Laughing very hard

lol!

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 am

I frequent noLifetilMetal, and he had the board linked as part of his update. Well, I signed up and I'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 am

Researching Heavy Metal reviews a couple/few years ago I ran across Ultmetal's site. What a great site. However, I just read his reviews ever so often for quite a while. Then I was trying to dig deeper into current Christian metal and came across Tri-Rock. I was flat out blown away by all the stuff I'd not heard of for the past decade (I was in a rut listening to the same bands I'd discovered in the 80's and 90's and only updating my collection with their new stuff). So Tri-Rock got me wanting all this new stuff. I typed in "Christian Metal Cds" into Yahoo search engine and as you might imagine Christian Metal Realm popped up. I joined Nov. 05 and have been going there ever since. I also started going to Ultmetal's message boards as well and one day saw that he was shutting his down and moving to this one so I started coming over here about a month ago.......🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:40 am

Parksey wrote:
I frequent noLifetilMetal, and he had the board linked as part of his update. Well, I signed up and I'm liking it.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:50 am

Maybe Because I love metal!!! This is the place to be..humble

Last edited by on Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:25 pm

I remember doing a website project for my junior year in september, my first major project. I was looking for a slayer logo and I clicked on google images, and somehow ended up in no life til metal. I remember reading the slayer reviews. From there i the site became a frequent for me and still is. Didn't really know about the forum until this one came up, which i joined once scott had the link on the front page of his site.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:41 am

I got the link off the Ultmetal site; which I frequented because he was the only person on earth willing to discuss the bands Nektar and Angel with me:lol!:
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 11:44 am

Wow! Glad so many people enjoy our sites and have joined here because of it.

I've made a bunch of friends, both on-line and off-line because of NLTM and this forum, as well as the CMR.

Spent the weekend hanging out with a close friend that I met because of NoLifeTilMetal.com.

The original NoLifeTilMetal board was actually an extension of the Ultimatum board that was created by Jake (IcedGuardian). After he turned it over to me, Kmorg and myself created the Heart of Metal section of the Ultimatum board for general metal discussion. Eventually it became my official NoLifeTilMetal board. Kmorg had his own MetalMetropolis board. We decided it was silly to have two different boards and combined the two, using the same Heart of Metal section of the Ultimatum board. When EZBoard announced the move to Yuku (crap!) we decided to move and create a new board that would no longer be the Ultimatum board with a section for Heart of Metal, and this board was born. Now the Ultimatum board is small part of this much larger board.

Thanks to all you guys for posting here. I love rock and metal and have learned much from you. I have discovered many, many new bands as well, and have vastly improved my CD collection web site.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 2:39 pm

I discovered the NLTM website when I was looking for a James Hetfield picture on Google Image Search around nearly 2 years ago I think. I always used the sit for metal knowledge, but only decided to check out the board about a year ago. It's good stuff, that's for sure Very Happy

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 1:39 am

I saw the link on No life til metal..I have been going to the web site for about 3 years now...I like Scott review plus it helps me find out about new bands..
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 3:17 pm

I traveled here by sarcophagus from the year 39 B.C. How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?   How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How and when did you come to Heart of Metal board?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next