Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celtic Frost

Go down 
+19
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
Required Fields
mlotek
SAHB Healer
ultmetal
ZombieHavoc
mc666
manny
DeathCult
Icy Grave
TheUnborn
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
Glower
Lari
Boris2008
Headbanger Man
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Celtic Frost - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 12:11 pm

I, like a few others, rather enjoyed Cold Lake. Sure a bit different from the earlier stuff but Cherry Orchards is a cool tune. Glad to have this disc on the shelf.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:40 pm

One of my all time favorite bands. Tom Warrior is one of the best riff writers ever. Great lyrics as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 9:21 pm

I think I've only heard one song from them,their cover of Mexican Radio,and thought it sucked.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 10:31 pm

007 wrote:
I think I've only heard one song from them,their cover of Mexican Radio,and thought it sucked.
Yeah it did suck, but so does the original lol

Here is a second song you can listen too. Much better IMO...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Lari wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:
So What could you all tell about this band ?

Don't pronounce the name Seltic Frost.

I remember this from a few years ago.

Will Carroll of Death Angel is pretty blunt, as it pertains to how the name of the band is pronounced.

Go to the 9:53 mark for that...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm

I just got all the Noise reissues and they are very nice. I already had most of the albums anyway including Cold Lake.

Tom G. Warrior is one of the most pretentious goofballs in heavy metal. I mean the guy had orchestration, female vocalists singing in French, absurd song titles and hilarious promo photos. He's clearly nuts and impossible to work with. Further, he claims to hate Cold Lake but he saw fit to re-record a couple Cold Lake tracks in 1991, so something's not adding up there.

All that being said, he wrote some amazing songs and all of their albums have something on them worth listening to. His vocals are definitely an acquired taste, so be forewarned.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:00 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Lari wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:
So What could you all tell about this band ?

Don't pronounce the name Seltic Frost.

I remember this from a few years ago.

Will Carroll of Death Angel is pretty blunt, as it pertains to how the name of the band is pronounced.

Go to the 9:53 mark for that...

Yeah, because of you 'muricans.

"One thing I've wondered...I've heard the band name pronounced "Keltic Frost" I guess like from Ireland derivative of the Celts? And I've also heard people pronounce it like "Seltic Frost." Maybe you can set the record straight and tell us how it is supposed to be pronounced.

"The official way, the correct way, is "Keltic." That's how the band was formed too. However, you guys in North America, 90% of you guys call it "Seltic." Since Reed was in the band and Martin is a double citizen (he's American too), this "Seltic" thing crept into the band and half the time we ourselves said "Seltic" and half the time we said "Keltic." We caught ourselves, we tried to say "Keltic" but it's so hard when you have your main market in America, it just slips in."

http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/CelticFrost.htm

Always been [k]eltic Frost to me, like the Celts [kelts].

Though as long as you talk about the same thing, I guess it doesn't matter. People pronounce Finnish band names in the weirdest ways and it never bothered me. I just figured an actual English word like celtic would not be that difficult.

You Americans even have this guy to remind you:

Celtic Frost - Page 2 660f00aa1182c5409b65bc335f0bd96b
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:22 pm

By the rules of the English language Celtic should be pronounced Seltic. It's not pronounced that way because it's derived from either a Latin or Greek word (no one's really sure it's exact origin.) Thus the confusion.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
007 wrote:
Yeah it did suck, but so does the original lol

Here is a second song you can listen too. Much better IMO...

Meh, I guess the vocals just aren't my cup of tea. The music is pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 am

007 wrote:

Meh, I guess the vocals just aren't my cup of tea. The music is pretty good though.

Check out their best album, Monotheist. Tom & Martin share the vocal duties with some talented females. Definitely their heaviest & doomiest offering.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 6:44 pm

I discuss Cold Lake in my new YouTube video.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celtic Frost
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2