Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:22 am

I was looking forward to Iron Sky for a long time as I'd stumbled onto the trailer while googling 'moon nazis' (you should try it, there is some really out there stuff on the subject! Laughing very hard ) It took an age for the film to get made and when it did, it was pretty underwhelming stuff.

Great concept, maybe someone else will have a go at some point.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:23 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:06 am

S.D. wrote:
A smarter script would have done wonders for Iron Sky, it's "okay" as it stands but there is a good bit of missed potential there.  The whole bit about Chaplin's "The Great Dictator" is wonderful though.  
Yeah, it was decent but not as over-the-top hilarious as the trailer seemed to promise. The script was written by guys whose native language is not English, so maybe stuff got lost in the translation.
I agree about the bit with "The Great Dictator," that was great. ("They're.. MAKING FUN of the Fuhrer!" Laughing very hard)

Quote :
I was looking forward to Iron Sky for a long time as I'd stumbled onto the trailer while googling 'moon nazis' (you should try it, there is some really out there stuff on the subject! Laughing very hard) It took an age for the film to get made and when it did, it was pretty underwhelming stuff.

Great concept, maybe someone else will have a go at some point.
Same here, I saw the trailer on YouTube and thought "This looks insane, I GOTTA see this!"
It turned out OK and was entertaining enough but it's nothing I'll ever watch again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:10 am

Batman Begins

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Caught some classic horror movies last night :

Freaks (1932) awesome flick that used actual circus performers ("One of us !")

Mark Of The Vampire (1935) interesting "vampire" film with a great cast and evidently a remake of the silnet lost film London After Midnight

Curse Of The Undead (1959) a vampire western including a shootout to end the flick. Pretty decent, actually
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Meet John Doe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:49 pm

manny wrote:
Meet John Doe
I really need to watch that again soon, one of my all-time favorites.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Also caught up with Elementary
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:20 pm

007 wrote:
Curse Of The Undead (1959) a vampire western including a shootout to end the flick. Pretty decent, actually

That was on Svengoolie last night!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:52 pm

I watched the Rams return to their normal crappy form. Dropped passes, stupid penalties and no discipline. And to top it off Sam Bradford left with an apparent knee injury.

Go Cards!!!!

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Watching the Niners route the Titans.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:55 pm

chewie wrote:
Yeah, I was hoping for more from the Titans.  

I'm currently watching the Chiefs vs the Texans.  I didn't know the KC fans do that stupid "Indian" chant that Braves and Florida State fans do.  I hate that! It's just soooo "bush league".

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:
Yeah, I was hoping for more from the Titans.  

I'm currently watching the Chiefs vs the Texans.  I didn't know the KC fans do that stupid "Indian" chant that Braves and Florida State fans do.  I hate that!  It's just soooo "bush league".  
Yeah, I wanna see Alex Smith do well, but I don't want to see him opposite us in the Superbowl!(if we can get there again.)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Cowboys game - huge defensive game.... you would never know that both teams are at the bottom of the rankings on D and top in O - conference game, you just never know..... still, nice win!!!! Cowboys 3 - 0 in the division so far!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:10 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Ted-movie-poster-46e3b
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

chewie wrote:
007 wrote:

That's where I caught it ! Love watching him.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 am

007 wrote:
chewie wrote:
007 wrote:
That's where I caught it ! Love watching him.
Yeah, He's a riot!!!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 am

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth

This movie gets way too much negativity. Really enjoyed this more than I expected; just plain fun. Remember playing as kids and making up stories as you went along and you thought you had a solid ending and then your friend came in with something inane and wild to continue the story? That's what this movie's like, probably because it was written during shooting (that's a guess, not factual). Twice as coherent as no. 2, though, and the acting is marginally better. Biggest problem was the fatal franchising of the Pinhead/Cenobite characters Krueger-style by goofing it up with one-liners and levity, as well as bringing this horribly mad-doctor personality to our beloved Pinhead. But it never became unwatchable, like the dreadful Bloodline. First movie still rules, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:21 am

Quote :
Keith persuaded me to go re-watch C.H.U.D. for the first time in twenty years. It's just as cool now as it was then. I had a grin on my face the entire time.
"Your guy has a camera. Mine has a flamethrower." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 am

C.H.U.D. is just plain fun.  And yeah it holds up real well.  I remember as a kid HBO would play that endlessly.  And I watched it endlessly.  When those HBO guides would come in the mail I would flip to when C.H.U.D. was playing and mark it on my must watch.  I'll even confess to getting up in the wee hours of the morning to catch a viewing before school.  Even stranger was at that time I wasn't much of a horror fan at all.  Blood bothered me.  Guess I rationalized as more Sci-Fi.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:41 am

Quote :
C.H.U.D. is just plain fun. And yeah it holds up real well. I remember as a kid HBO would play that endlessly. And I watched it endlessly.
It was a favorite of the USA Network too. I can remember watching it on both "Commander USA's Groovy Movies" and its late night counterpart, "USA Up All Night."

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:46 pm

The only part I didn't understand is when Stern's character happens upon some CHUD in the tunnels and starts to back away, then suddenly becomes captivated by the sight and starts moving toward them, only to predictably slip, make noise, and draw their attention. Wtf?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:17 am

The Stuff (1985)

America's gone crazy for a new no-fat, no-calorie, great tasting yogurt like dessert product called 'The Stuff' -- but as a private investigator soon finds out, the tasty goo is actually an addictive, mind controlling parasite. Don'cha hate when that happens?

This goofy horror comedy (written and directed by Larry 'It's Alive' Cohen) creeped me out when I was a kid, but this bizarre mix of 'Blob' style creature feature and consumerism satire hasn't aged very well at all.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Stargare SG-1 "Maternal Instinct"

The unkillable Apophis is after the Goa'uld Narcissus child.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:09 am

Nazis at the Center of the Earth (2012)

The Asylum jumps on the 'Nazi-sploitation' bandwagon (see also: Dead Snow, Iron Sky) with this low budget little sickie. The members of an Antarctic research team (led by Jake "Gary's Son" Busey) are captured by a squadron of Nazis who live in a secret base deep beneath the ice. The bad guys are led by the infamous Dr. Josef Mengele, who needs the newcomers for spare parts ... not only to prolong his own life and the lives of his men, but also to finally complete his Robo-Hitler.

...yes, you read that right. And believe it or not it only gets MORE insane from there.

Utterly ridiculous plot, hilariously cheap special effects and some truly sick gore equals perfect Schlock-Tober entertainment.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next