Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 am

earlier:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

now:

The Originals

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:54 am

People Under the Stairs

What a weird movie. I'm going through some Wes Craven movies since I've only seen Last House on the Left, Nightmare, New Nightmare, Music of the Heart, Scream, and Red Eye. I've never thought of Craven as a very good filmmaker, but was a remarkable conceptualist. Here we have a movie that is wildly uneven, not unlike what else I've seen. Scripted like an R-rated kids movie--think the Goonies with three kids instead of a handful--with horribly caricaturist acting from the couple from Twin Peaks, flatly shot, several deus ex machina climaxes, and a goofy ending full of dated hip hop. However, the rest of the acting is very good with the lead kid and his counterpart, the house is fiendishly set up with several surprises, and the premise--Craven't strong suit--is unique and promising. Of course it should be said that Craven is very good at crafting memorable characters when he doesn't allow grotesque slapstick to get in the way. Alas, a horror movie it is far from.

Up next: Deadly Blessing.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:30 am

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:02 am

American Horror Story - Coven

I hope that this picks up as I'm really not impressed.  No 
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:38 am

Paranormal Activity 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:09 am

corplhicks wrote:
People Under the Stairs

What a weird movie. I'm going through some Wes Craven movies since I've only seen Last House on the Left, Nightmare, New Nightmare, Music of the Heart, Scream, and Red Eye. I've never thought of Craven as a very good filmmaker, but was a remarkable conceptualist. Here we have a movie that is wildly uneven, not unlike what else I've seen. Scripted like an R-rated kids movie--think the Goonies with three kids instead of a handful--with horribly caricaturist acting from the couple from Twin Peaks, flatly shot, several deus ex machina climaxes, and a goofy ending full of dated hip hop. However, the rest of the acting is very good with the lead kid and his counterpart, the house is fiendishly set up with several surprises, and the premise--Craven't strong suit--is unique and promising. Of course it should be said that Craven is very good at crafting memorable characters when he doesn't allow grotesque slapstick to get in the way. Alas, a horror movie it is far from.

Up next: Deadly Blessing.
My favorite Wes Craven flick is probably the original "The Hills Have Eyes". I think that movie holds up very well over 35 years later.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 am

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Mars Attacks! (1996)

Earth is thrown into turmoil when bug-eyed, big-brained, hostile Martians invade, and lots of cartoonish mayhem follows in Tim Burton's kitschy-on-purpose salute to '50s sci-fi flicks (based on the classic trading card series from TOPPS). Features an all star cast including Jack Nicholson (in a dual role), Pierce Brosnan, Glenn Close, Gentleman Jim Brown, Annette Bening and Rod Steiger (to name just a few).

Nothing spectacular but good, goofy fun.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:40 pm

'Arrow'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 am

Halloween Night (2006)

A psycho escapes from the mental hospital on Halloween night and returns to his home town to embark on an all new killing spree.

...gee, where have we heard that plot line before?

This utterly shit house slasher movie was The Asylum's attempt to bite off of Rob Zombie's "Halloween," in case it wasn't painfully obvious. As usual for an Asylum production, the story is paper thin, the acting/dialogue sucks and the characters are all idiots who deserve everything they get.

On the other hand, this flick has an absurdly high body count, lots of splashy gore, and even some totally gratuitous girl-on-girl action (!!), therefore slasher movie fans should find it entertaining enough as long as they're not too picky.

So yeah, this movie sucked, but it was still better than the last couple of 'real' "Halloween" sequels.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:45 am

Boris2008 wrote:
American Horror Story - Coven

I hope that this picks up as I'm really not impressed.  No 
Same here. It's just not engaging, and I keep waiting for the teenage witches to break into a Glee number. They're scripted very similar to those kids. And the resurrection deal is just goofy without being fun or cool.

Then again, I've never been a fan of witchcraft. Most boring horror premise ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 am

I'm enjoying Coven so far, but I also really enjoy witchcraft stories. I like the cast, especially Jessica Lange chewing up great gobs of scenery every week. I really didn't like last season very much, so this calmer variation is okay with me.

One of these days someone needs to develop Richard Matheson's "Witch War" into a movie...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:24 am

I like witchcraft stories. I just don't dig teenage girls with stupid superpowers arguing for 40 minutes! (unless it's Buffy! Very Happy )

I'm sure that it will get better.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:14 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I like witchcraft stories. I just don't dig teenage girls with stupid superpowers arguing for 40 minutes! (unless it's Buffy! Very Happy )

I'm sure that it will get better.
Second episode: during an early flashback where the black chick, working at a fast food joint, sticks her arm into frying oil for payback to a nasty customer? I kept thinking about the Glee choir coming in with their a capella "doo doo doo doo do do do do doooo doooo," and then cut to the "GLEE!" title.

The buffy chicks are just unlikable. In fact, everyone is except for Lange, who's kind of playing the same type she has in the past two seasons but is still magnetic (and beautiful, IMO).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:09 am

Arrow

American Horror Story : Coven  (which I am enjoying also,even though it veered off very strangely last night)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:29 am

Gonna have to catch last night's "AHS: Coven" via On Demand over the weekend. My wife and I usually watch it together but she had to work last night and I plum forgot all about it.

Jessica Lange is awesome on this show, and still pretty hot in a GMILFy sorta way

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Watched the Red Sox clobber the Cardinals last night.

Today I've watched a bunch of old Scooby Doo episodes.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:59 pm

CBGB

I wanted to like it - only thing I'll give it is that it flew by.  I tend to not give a damn about critics but I'd say from what I've read they've nailed it.  Sad thing is there is a good story to be told about that scene.  This wasn't it.  I'm even more confused by who they were targeting this toward.  Watch the trailer and you've now pretty much seen the movie.

Scream

Been awhile since I've seen it.  Always really liked it back when.  Holds up nicely.  I'm going to marathon the others this weekend since it is the season.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Quote :
CBGB
I wanted to like it - only thing I'll give it is that it flew by. I tend to not give a damn about critics but I'd say from what I've read they've nailed it. Sad thing is there is a good story to be told about that scene. This wasn't it. I'm even more confused by who they were targeting this toward. Watch the trailer and you've now pretty much seen the movie.
I saw this a couple of weeks ago and didn't mind it ... I knew going in that it was not going to be historically accurate in the least. I would've liked to see the Ramones get more screen time, of course, but that's just cuz they're my favorite band out of that scene.
As a fictionalized account it was entertaining enough.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Arrow
Duck Dynasty
Yes, Minister

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Honest Trailer for Pacific Rim. Funny.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 7:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
Honest Trailer for Pacific Rim.  Funny.

lol!  Yep, that about sums it up!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Tremors III: Back to Perfection (2001)

Michael (Family Ties) Gross returns for a third go round as survivalist Burt Gummer, back in action against another outbreak of those pesky Graboids around his home town. As viewers of the "Tremors" flicks know, the critters have an annoying habit of mutating into new forms each time they reappear, so this time out Burt and his neighbors have to deal with flying Graboids (!!) which they dub "ass-blasters." (When my kids heard that, they laughed till they nearly pee'd.)

Hilarious action packed monster mashing fun for the whole family!!

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:33 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Devil (otherwise known as The Nightmare Chronicles I: Devil. Or something like that).

Although our beloved Shamylan (seriously I'm tired of having to spell check his name every time; deal with it) was XO over this minimalist horror run without a name to the writing or direction, there are times when it feels just like a Shamalawn movie, right down to that good old feel-good preachy monologue about faith etc. It's actually put together competently, but here's what's strange: the movie is very good...when we're not inside the elevator. The ten five little indians whose fate hang in the balance are simply annoying, irrational, and mutter erratic and inane dialogue. The gold is when the old lady, feeling more threatened than she should be, takes out a can of pepper spray from the mid 80's and attempts to use it to no avail. Worse is when a character at the hour mark does an obviously downright stupid and suicidal thing in a shot that lasts ten seconds before the payoff. This movie could have worked if they would have invested more into their paper-thin, shallow, and pathetically drawn characters.

Bonus points: whenever the 'devil' attacks, the lights go dark and screen goes black for full effect. First thing that came to my mind is pull out your goddamn cell phones for some light. Eventually this happens after being prompted to by an outsider--during the third act. Little late to the game with that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next