Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:23 am

Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:37 am

Headless Horseman
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:08 am

corplhicks wrote:
Serpent and the Rainbow. Finally.

Wes Craven strikes out again. Some surreal visions at the climax can't make up for this film's plodding, generic, and bland nature about voodoo (loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooseley based on a true story). To top it off, I had no idea that Bill Pullman was a bad actor at one time, although I'm only familiar with his work as the president in ID4. Here he's whiny, cocky, and one-dimensional--not just with his character but his skill as well. This is just more of the same from Craven the Hack. Flat shooting, bald photography, uneven tonality, awkward conversation, a rainfall of deus ex machina, and absolutely no tension to speak of. Still have Deadly Blessing, Hills Have Eyes, and the final three Scream flicks to go through, but so far I'm convinced that Craven is a one-trick pony with too much credit to his name. Hell, Tobe Hooper has a better resume.
I still think The Hills Have Eyes is Craven's best work.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:37 am

tohostudios wrote:

Now I know why I never watched Nightmare City; because it's lame!  Other than the fact that it offers the prototype for fast-moving zombies, I can't think of a single reason to recommend this film.  Hell, it isn't even very gory
Agreed that it sucks... but the fact that it sucks so utterly and completely is what makes it AWESOME...hahaha. Seriously, that movie kills me, it's totally random, absolutely NOTHING makes sense.

Part of it is likely due to the language barrier (i.e. it was written by people whose native language is not English) but even beyond that, there are plot holes all over the place, there's the sh*t house cheap makeup (the 'zombies' look like they stuck their faces in burnt oatmeal), the absolutely wooden acting of 'hero' Hugo Stiglitz, the ripoff non-ending... it's the Perfect Storm of Euro-cheez craptacularity. Haha.

...and hey, you gotta love a movie where the hero throws a TV set at a zombie and it explodes like a grenade. I didn't know TVs could do that. Laughing very hard

I used to think that 'Hell of the Living Dead' was the worst Italian zombie movie but as soon as I saw 'Nightmare City' I said "we have a new champion!" Laughing 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:47 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Well since the World Series has a day off today I just might pop this sucker in.   If I do I'll report back; probably won't be in 90 minutes though.  Watch this space...
I look forward to your report! Very Happy
Two words...it sucks!

Now I know why I never watched Nightmare City; because it's lame!  Other than the fact that it offers the prototype for fast-moving zombies, I can't think of a single reason to recommend this film.  Hell, it isn't even very gory

Yeah this movie was one of the types we had rented so very long ago for our weekend horror movie fix. Most Italian zombie flicks fall in with this one (see Burial Ground for another bad/bizarre one).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:47 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 am

Curse of Chucky (trash)
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Agreed that it sucks... but the fact that it sucks so utterly and completely is what makes it AWESOME...hahaha. Seriously, that movie kills me, it's totally random, absolutely NOTHING makes sense.

Part of it is likely due to the language barrier (i.e. it was written by people whose native language is not English) but even beyond that, there are plot holes all over the place, there's the sh*t house cheap makeup (the 'zombies' look like they stuck their faces in burnt oatmeal), the absolutely wooden acting of 'hero' Hugo Stiglitz, the ripoff non-ending... it's the Perfect Storm of Euro-cheez craptacularity. Haha.

...and hey, you gotta love a movie where the hero throws a TV set at a zombie and it explodes like a grenade. I didn't know TVs could do that. Laughing very hard

I used to think that 'Hell of the Living Dead' was the worst Italian zombie movie but as soon as I saw 'Nightmare City' I said "we have a new champion!" Laughing 
The highlight of Nightmare City is the zombie attack on those diva aerobics dancers. I loved watching them get offed.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 pm

^^ My fave scene was when the reporter's wife starts freaking out and he slaps her across the face to snap her out of it. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:09 pm

In the past couple days:

Dario Argento's Inferno (1980) - Typically slick and stylish Argento nonsense with a suitably wild and over the top score by Keith Emerson.

Red 2 (2013) - Threadbare sequel has some laughs but it's also one of the laziest major studio films I've seen this year. Everything about the film feels lackadaisical from the acting to the script, to the ripoff action sequences and barely passable CG.

Still working my way through Chronologically LOST.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
Chronologically Lost.  

http://www.chronologicallylost.com

Somebody (with way too much time on their hands) went through LOST and re-edited into chronological order.  I hate to think about how much of a pain in the ass that must have been but I salute his effort.  

While it would make zero sense if you never watched the series, for those that have seen the entire thing it's a fun, alternate way of experiencing it.

That actually sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to try and check that out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (2004)

Direct-to-video prequel to the cult giant-worm saga takes place in the 1870s, with Michael Gross portraying Hiram Gummer, the great-grandaddy of his gun-nut 'Burt' character from the other three films. In a neat role reversal, Hiram's a tenderfoot from the city who comes out to investigate strange goings-on at the silver mine he owns. When the so-called 'Dirt Dragons' are discovered it's up to Hiram and his fellow townspeople to saddle up and take back their valley.

Low budget fun, with a healthy dose of the series' usual goofy sense of humor.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Arrow
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:45 pm

I watched The Crow this evening. Great movie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 am

Me and Orson Welles (2008)

Very entertaining Richard Linklater film surrounding the pre-production for the Mercury Theatre's 1937 production of Julius Caesar.  British actor McKay absolutely nails Orson, just a fantastic performance.  The rest of the cast is uniformly fine and it's a great looking film that beautifully captures the 30s period detail, even considering the modest budget they had to work with.  The film takes place in NYC but was actually filmed primarily in London.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:00 am

^^Linklater's one of my favorite directors. I completely forgot about this; need to see it soon.

-------

http://www.heartofmetal.net/viewtopic.forum?t=20525
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40