Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Meet Joe Black (1998)

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 512mAFAtALL._SX215_
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:02 am

Leatherface wrote:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
That movie does not exist............
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 am

chewie wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
My good fellow what didn't you like about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:10 am

New Sons of Anarchy Very Happy  I can't defend this show on any level other than I really dig it.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:33 am

Leatherface wrote:
chewie wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

The crappy cg(cg torches??? really? come on!)and way too much of it!, the UFO ending, Mutt being his kid(though I liked the character), It just didn't work for me.

Too much CG! Wait, I already said that.

Our whole family denies the existence of that film.

It was never made................
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:59 am

chewie wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
chewie wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
The crappy cg(cg torches??? really? come on!)and way too much of it!, the UFO ending, Mutt being his kid(though I liked the character), It just didn't work for me.

Too much CG! Wait, I already said that.

Our whole family denies the existence of that film.

It was never made................
My fan-boy love of the original trilogy makes me both want to desperately see this just because and yet avoid it at all costs due to poor word-of-mouth and crushing expectations.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Don't bother with Crystal Skull, it's almost a complete failure. I find it hard to believe Spielberg directed the film, it was so shoddily constructed that it looks like the work of an amateur. When even a great actress like Cate Blanchett puts in a bad performance you know it's the fault of the director.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 pm

I bought a used DVD of "Indiana Jones & The Crystal Skull" almost three years ago now ... and I still have yet to watch it. It gets so much hate that I'm almost afraid to put it on. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I bought a used DVD of "Indiana Jones & The Crystal Skull" almost three years ago now ... and I still have yet to watch it. It gets so much hate that I'm almost afraid to put it on. Laughing very hard
It is Citizen Kane compared to most of the crap you usually watch. Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:44 pm

I saw Crystal Skull up until he survived a nuclear blast by hiding in a lead-lined fridge. Way to go, Koepp. Other obeservations:

1. Spielberg promoted it would be shot like the previous films. It feels nothing like the previous films. In fact, it has a rather some rather odd photography (see #3).

2. Ford is getting too old for this shit.

3. Kaminski's DP style was awesome for their first few collaborations. Now it's just annoying. Is there anything else he can do besides grainy and washed-out? And again...the original IJ trilogy did not look like Saving Private Ryan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:28 pm

corplhicks wrote:

3. Kaminski's DP style was awesome for their first few collaborations. Now it's just annoying. Is there anything else he can do besides grainy and washed-out? And again...the original IJ trilogy did not look like Saving Private Ryan.
The original DP for the first 3 films was Douglas Slocombe who retired from filmmaking in 1989, he will be celebrating his 100th birthday this year.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

The original DP for the first 3 films was Douglas Slocombe who retired from filmmaking in 1989, he will be celebrating his 100th birthday this year.

Wow. I knew of Slocombe but had no idea he was that old. He did a fantastic job on all three films, very memorable work outside of that as well.

Interesting coincidence that we brought these movies up at the same time too. Happy birthday to Mr. Slocombe.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
It is Citizen Kane compared to most of the crap you usually watch.  Laughing very hard 

I probably would've watched it a long time ago if that douche from "Transformers" (Shia what's-his-nuts) wasn't in it. I really can't stand that guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I probably would've watched it a long time ago if that douche from "Transformers" wasn't in it. I really can't stand that guy.
Shia LeCan'tAct

or

Shia LeDouche
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Quote :
Shia LeDouche
Perfect. From this point onward, I shall forever refer to him thusly. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Quote :
It is Citizen Kane compared to most of the crap you usually watch.
...by the way, I picked up "Westworld" from the library yesterday along with "Argo" (that one done won it some Oscars 'n' ever'thang!!) so I will actually be having a crap-free movie weekend!

...oh, no, wait a minute. I also got Schwarzenegger's new one ("The Last Stand") ... maybe those other two cancel that one out? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:16 pm

"Argo" is overrated. Not a "B movie" or anything, but it isn't what all the praise says.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
"Argo" is overrated. Not a "B movie" or anything, but it isn't what all the praise says.
I've wanted to see it since before it blew up big with the Oscar hype 'n' all. I love spy stories so it looks to be right up my alley.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I disagree, and this is coming from one of Ben Affleck's biggest detractors over the years. I thought it to be a very intense film.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:35 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I saw Crystal Skull up until he survived a nuclear blast by hiding in a lead-lined fridge. Way to go, Koepp. Other obeservations:

1. Spielberg promoted it would be shot like the previous films. It feels nothing like the previous films. In fact, it has a rather some rather odd photography (see #3).
I know I was hoping for some old fashioned stuntman on location type of movie(like Raiders of The Lost Ark) with special effects, instead we get a CG mess that looks like an amateur did it.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:07 am

Argo is excellent.  An old school 70s style adventure tale, beautifully executed.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:19 am

I really dug the opening of Crystal Skull with the fridge escape but after that it was the most terminally unending movie I'd watched in forever. By the time Shia showed up as the greaser I wanted to throw the disc out the window. And completely agree with Chewie about what I wanted out of it.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Picked this one up on S.D.'s recommendation:

"Westworld" (1973)

Visitors at a Western style theme park come under fire from the park's lifelike humanoid robots when a computer failure causes the androids to run amok.

This 70s sci-fi flick was the directorial debut of Michael Crichton, author of "Jurassic Park," and features a lot of ideas and plot points that would later re-surface (with a much bigger special effects budget) in "JP."

Charming in a retro sort of way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next