Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Currently watching the Cowboys game......

Not sure where to put this, but went to see my college football team (Old Dominion University) play yesterday (at Maryland) - was very cool, especially since we didn't have a football team when I attended (team started play in 2009 and FCS, now in a transition year to FBS.) Got our butts kicked - big difference between FBS (went 10 - 1 last year) and FCS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Looker (1981)

Michael Crichton shoved in everything but the kitchen sink for this technological thriller, a film that I hadn't seen since the early 80s.  It's basically a mess, but ends up being entertaining regardless.  A good cast including Albert Finney, Susan Dey (lovely), Leigh Taylor-Young and James Coburn help smooth over the plot holes.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 10:17 pm

I watched the original RoboCop again tonight. A classic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:38 am

Required Fields wrote:
headbanger My favorite movie EVER. headbanger 

Last night's viewing for me:
"You Only Live Twice" (1967)

Sean Connery's fifth go-round as James Bond sends 007 to Japan, where a crooked industrialist working for SPECTRE is stealing U.S. and Russian space capsules right out of the sky, in the hopes of starting a war between both superpowers.

This one features ninjas, mini-copters, lotsa stuff blowin' up, tons of hot Japanese babes, and one of the coolest "villain's lairs" (a rocket launch base hidden inside a dormant volcano) of the entire Bond series.

Connery intended this to be his last Bond film; he was replaced by the ill fated George Lazenby in the next installment, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," but then was briefly lured back to the role (by a huge paycheck) for 1971's "Diamonds Are Forever."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
headbanger My favorite movie EVER. headbanger 

Last night's viewing for me:
"You Only Live Twice" (1967)

Sean Connery's fifth go-round as James Bond sends 007 to Japan, where a crooked industrialist working for SPECTRE is stealing U.S. and Russian space capsules right out of the sky, in the hopes of starting a war between both superpowers.

This one features ninjas, mini-copters, lotsa stuff blowin' up, tons of hot Japanese babes, and one of the coolest "villain's lairs" (a rocket launch base hidden inside a dormant volcano) of the entire Bond series.

Connery intended this to be his last Bond film; he was replaced by the ill fated George Lazenby in the next installment, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," but then was briefly lured back to the role (by a huge paycheck) for 1971's "Diamonds Are Forever."
Not as good as the earlier Bond flicks, better than much of what was released afterwards and still a fun flick. Space ships, evil guy with a cat and the often copied volcanic lair!!!!

......but still no sharks with freakin' laser beams
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am

Quote :
Space ships, evil guy with a cat and the often copied volcanic lair!!!!

He did have a pool full of piranhas, though.. and they were definitely ill tempered. Very Happy

Seriously, the whole time I was watching this, I kept thinking about the "Austin Powers" movies. This one in particular must've been Mike Myers' favorite Bond film, cuz he borrowed SO much from it. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

He did have a pool full of piranhas, though.. and they were definitely ill tempered. Very Happy

Seriously, the whole time I was watching this, I kept thinking about the "Austin Powers" movies. This one in particular must've been Mike Myers' favorite Bond film, cuz he borrowed SO much from it. Laughing very hard
Yes, they did have ill tempered piranhas!

I agree with you - I bet this must have been the very first Bond flick that Meyers saw
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 am

I've been watching Fraiser for a few months now. Just started an episode where he meets Roz's cousin. A striking blonde babe with very beautiful and amazing blue eyes. Took a few seconds for me to realize it was none other than:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Blondes-women-zooey-deschanel-1920x1200-hd-wallpaper

ZOOEY!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:45 am

Ever since the Austin Powers movies, I have a hard time watching any of the Bond movies anymore. I'm expecting a punch-line. And I used to love watching those old Bond movies with my dad.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:09 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Yes, they did have ill tempered piranhas!

I agree with you - I bet this must have been the very first Bond flick that Meyers saw
Damn but those piranhas scared me as a kid.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Star Trek: First Contact

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Eagles vs. Redskins

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 am

Made with a budget of $190,000,000 but unfortunately they went to the pub and spent $189,850,000 on beer and made the film with what was left. Laughing very hard 

If a good story well made and well acted is your thing, you could do a lot worse. As an added bonus, it's got Bobby Beers in it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 am

Season premier of 'Boardwalk Empire'

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 am

Quote :
Looker (1981)
I loved that movie as a kid - but I honestly can't remember a thing about it.  Brainstorm is another like that.  Ah, HBO in the early 80's.  Someday I need to go back and watch all those again.

Crossfire Hurricane

Pretty good doc on the Rolling Stones.  I loved the current interviews being audio only instead of the typical talking head stuff.  Kept the focus on the great footage.  I also dug the arc of the movie being them being considered the most dangerous band to then the most accepted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 am

The Disappearance of Alice Creed (2009)

and a couple episodes of The Newsroom.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Rock Prophecies - doc about rock photographer Robert Knight looking for the next "guitar prodigy". Not too bad, but the dude's kinda whiney and does the "whoa is me" bit too much. Worth a view though.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Breaking Bad. Tension really ratcheted up in this episode with the same cinematic flair the show is known for; my heart pounding away at the final sequence (I never get anxious during a TV show). Only complaint is a particular shootout which goes for the ludicrous and gives everyone the sharpshooting skills of a stormtrooper.

Otherwise I'm just impressed at the quality of writing this show has exhibited. Five seasons, not a single turkey, captivating throughout, and unexpected turns abound. Of course, the duality of the characters' moral plight, and the creators' total lack of judgment, is the strongest asset the show has to offer.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Duck Dynasty

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Revisiting 'I Am Legend'......sort of a guilty pleasure. I mean, I know this is kind of a turd, and a remake of a remake, and that no matter how many times they do it, they don't do it right. But pretty much all the scenes involving the Dark Seekers are legitimately frightening. Even with the bad CGI. It's the creeping inevitable dread and the claustrophobia and it's just done so well. This has always been such a confusing film having best and worst everything. Will Smith is great as Will Smith Neville. Ruined landscapes...very good stuff. Oh...it was also the alternate ending version, which....again.......there's no reason the alternate ending shouldn't have been the actual ending, but there we are again with a story getting pulled every which way, so..
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 am

Restaurant Impossible

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Revisiting 'I Am Legend'......sort of a guilty pleasure. I mean, I know this is kind of a turd, and a remake of a remake, and that no matter how many times they do it, they don't do it right. But pretty much all the scenes involving the Dark Seekers are legitimately frightening. Even with the bad CGI. It's the creeping inevitable dread and the claustrophobia and it's just done so well. This has always been such a confusing film having best and worst everything. Will Smith is great as Will Smith Neville. Ruined landscapes...very good stuff. Oh...it was also the alternate ending version, which....again.......there's no reason the alternate ending shouldn't have been the actual ending, but there we are again with a story getting pulled every which way, so..
I enjoyed it too for different reasons. Of course, they should have named it something else since it swayed way out of line with the short story, even more then Omega Man did. And I have to disagree, the CG was godawful (but then again most post-Terminator 2 CG is not my cup of tea). But I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic everything when there's a last-man-on-earth premise involved. The scenes with Will wandering NY and trying to deal with his isolation etc...that kind of thing has got to be the most though-provoking horror a man can conjure up. Seriously the kind of "what-if" that keeps me up at night since it's such a sandbox of variables. I agree that the alternate ending worked much better, but I just hated how such an observational film got bogged down by chaotic, CG-riddled action climaxes piled on top of each other.

I hope to God they do this type of film right someday. Geoff Murphey's The Quiet Earth was the best so far, where the first half had its only character go completely mad, but then they brought in a woman and F*ck the whole movie up.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:39 am

Hey look it's the full movie. Again, you only need to watch the first 45 min of this or so, which is basically half of a great, and I mean great, movie; after that it's like they weren't even trying. Great cinematography though...

I think I'll enjoy this now.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:48 am

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Finished this one today:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 51YIjHcTEsL._SX215_

I have all the IA movies and I think this is the weakest of the bunch.  The highlight of the whole thing is Skrat and "Skratlantis" at the very end.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next