Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

Waiting for Guffman - Not one of Nigel Tufnel's best "mockumentarys", but still pretty funny. Fred Willard never fails to crack me up.

Airplane! - Still one of the funniest goddamn movies I've ever seen. Over 30 years old and I'm still cracking up and catching things I missed the first 40 or 50 times I've watched it. Airplane! II - The Sequel came on right after, but I couldn't hang. It was too far past my bedtime.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:29 am

Hello sir, we'd like you to have this flower on behalf of the church of religious consciousness..
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Waiting for Guffman - Not one of Nigel Tufnel's best "mockumentarys", but still pretty funny. Fred Willard never fails to crack me up.

Airplane! - Still one of the funniest goddamn movies I've ever seen. Over 30 years old and I'm still cracking up and catching things I missed the first 40 or 50 times I've watched it. Airplane! II - The Sequel came on right after, but I couldn't hang. It was too far past my bedtime.
MG, do you like movies about Gladiators?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:44 am

Ever seen a grown man naked?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:54 am

Fellas, please. Let's not start that red zone, white zone sh*t again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:15 am

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 am

...and leave a note for the milk man, NO MORE CHEESE!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:53 am

Wrong (2013)

Quentin Dupieux's followup to his gonzo killer tire film "Rubber" is an equally batshit crazy exercise in style. In the universe of the film the main character's alarm clock goes from 7:59 to 7:60, the palm tree in his yard turned into a pine tree overnight, he works in an office where it rains inside the building and it is technologically possible to extract the subconscious memories from a dog turd. Not a single moment of the film makes any logical sense but it's very entertaining and quite funny if you're game for this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

There is also some interesting teleportation that happens in that film.  Bronson goes in the front of a building in the San Fernando Valley, but then leaves through the back door and ends up in downtown L.A.?
Laughing very hard You DARE question the Powers of The Mighty Bronson??

Of course Charles Bronson can teleport. Charles Bronson can do whatever the f*ck he wants. He is the Ultimate Bad-Ass. Charles Bronson taught Chuck Norris everything he knows.
I remember coming across this pic a number of years ago:
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Chuck-norris-chucknorrisfacts-charlesbronson-epic-demotivational-posters-1294011537

My mother met Charles Bronson once a number of years before I was born.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
Wrong (2013)

Quentin Dupieux's followup to his gonzo killer tire film "Rubber" is an equally batshit crazy exercise in style.  In the universe of the film the main character's alarm clock goes from 7:59 to 7:60, the palm tree in his yard turned into a pine tree overnight, he works in an office where it rains inside the building and it is technologically possible to extract the subconscious memories from a dog turd.  Not a single moment of the film makes any logical sense but it's very entertaining and quite funny if you're game for this sort of thing.  
I still haven't seen Rubber but I was talking to a new teammate at work who's even more into this kind of crap than I am and he recommended it so I just might check it out. He also said the new "You're Next" movie is excellent.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Rubber is very much an "arthouse" flick, it's one of those movies you'll either dig or loathe. I watched it with a few friends, two of them loved it, the third didn't last 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Both those movies sound amazing..
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Rubber kicks ass. An unconventional film deliberating on conventional filmmaking.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:26 am

I watched the movie "An Education" last night, starring Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard. A wonderful coming of age movie, with a brilliant performance turned in by Carey Mulligan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I watched the movie "An Education" last night, starring Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard. A wonderful coming of age movie, with a brilliant performance turned in by Carey Mulligan.
Yes, that is a gem of a film and a true star-making performance by Mulligan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:37 pm

The Look of Love (2013, UK)

Entertaining biopic about Paul Raymond who started producing striptease shows in Soho in the late 50s and eventually became the wealthiest man in Britain because of his real estate holdings. Fine performances by Steve Coogan, Tamsin Egerton and Imogen Poots and wonderful period detail make this one breeze right along. The only real problem with the film is that it never really digs beneath the surface to explore the motivations of the characters, they are fully formed from the beginning so we never really get any insight into what makes them tick. Still a refreshing film that isn't scared of the subject, I was struck during watching how there is no way an American film in 2013 would feature the amount of nudity on display here.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Under The Dome
Star Trek - First Contact

Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Doctor No
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Finally finished the entire Star Trek - TNG series today.  I thought the series finale was really good; I liked that they bookended the entire series with Q.

Next up:  Some movies I've been sitting on while I worked my way through all 7 seasons of TNG.  Then it's on to Stargate: SG1.  I've already started watching those when the Cardinals don't play at night so I'm already into season 2.  I think the first movie I'm going to watch is "Mutant Girls Squad"; more Japanese insanity from the creator of Tokyo Gore Police.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Finally finished the entire Star Trek - TNG series today.  I thought the series finale was really good; I liked that they bookended the entire series with Q.

Next up:  Some movies I've been sitting on while I worked my way through all 7 seasons of TNG.  Then it's on to Stargate: SG1.  I've already started watching those when the Cardinals don't play at night so I'm already into season 2.  I think the first movie I'm going to watch is "Mutant Girls Squad"; more Japanese insanity from the creator of Tokyo Gore Police.
SG 1 rocks!!

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
The Look of Love (2013, UK)

Entertaining biopic about Paul Raymond who started producing striptease shows in Soho in the late 50s and eventually became the wealthiest man in Britain because of his real estate holdings.  Fine performances by Steve Coogan, Tamsin Egerton and Imogen Poots and wonderful period detail make this one breeze right along.  The only real problem with the film is that it never really digs beneath the surface to explore the motivations of the characters, they are fully formed from the beginning so we never really get any insight into what makes them tick.  Still a refreshing film that isn't scared of the subject, I was struck during watching how there is no way an American film in 2013 would feature the amount of nudity on display here.

Want to see this. I think that Coogan is a fine actor when he drops the comedy a bit and Paul Raymond was a very visible part of the London that I remember from my childhood and teenage years (Shades Records was in the heart of Soho, that's why I spent so much time there. Honest!! Wink )

As for the nudity thing, we love boobs in the U.K, love 'em Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:15 pm

But I've been watching

Nowhere near as crappy as the trailer suggests, okay, the acting and script are a bit crappy but the story is fantastic! An old favorite of mine revisited cause I'm bored.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Started watching "America: Unearthed". Spectacular idea for a show, but half of these investigations are debunked before they even begin, disappointing.....they have to be able to do better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next