Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:37 am

Last night I watched the Pirates vs the Cardinals then followed that up with The Simpsons,Bob's Burgers,Family Guy and American Dad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 am

Quote :
This looks worth a go! Very Happy
This was my second time seeing "Tucker & Dale" and I laughed just as hard as I did the first time. If you liked what "Shaun of the Dead" did to the zombie genre, "T&D" does the same for killer-hillbilly flicks. As Tucker and Dale themselves might say, it's a hoot 'n' a holler.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 am

The Mary Tyler Moore Show - season 1

"You've got spunk." - Lou Grant
"Well, thank you." - Mary
"I HATE spunk!" - Lou Grant

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Speaking of last night's Simpsons , it was their Treehouse Of Horror episode and the opening was directed by Guillermo Del Toro. And it's pretty awesome for horror fans. Check out all the references in it :

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:54 pm

I watched two episodes of Family Guy before I went to bed last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Today I "watched" the Cards/Bucs playoff game.

I put that in quotes because I was in a dentist's chair for most of it but the technicians kept hollering out what was going on. Too bad Wacha lost another no-hitter; his list start went 8 2/3 innings before he lost it and his next start (this one) went 7 1/3. That's amazing considering less than 2 years ago this kid was pitching for Texas A&M.

Anyway, this series has gone just like most people figured it would; right down to the wire. Great showing by Pirates fans at PNC BTW, that place hasn't been rocking that hard since it was built! Even after last night's loss Cardinal players were saying how fun it was to be playing at that beautiful venue in front of such a wound-up crowd. I think it was David Freese who said something like "That was fun! That's how playoff baseball is supposed to be!"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I put that in quotes because I was in a dentist's chair for most of it but the technicians kept hollering out what was going on.  Too bad Wacha lost another no-hitter; his list start went 8 2/3 innings before he lost it and his next start (this one) went 7 1/3.  That's amazing considering less than 2 years ago this kid was pitching for Texas A&M.

Anyway, this series has gone just like most people figured it would; right down to the wire.  Great showing by Pirates fans at PNC BTW, that place hasn't been rocking that hard since it was built!  Even after last night's loss Cardinal players were saying how fun it was to be playing at that beautiful venue in front of such a wound-up crowd.  I think it was David Freese who said something like "That was fun!  That's how playoff baseball is supposed to be!"

I couldn't watch this one at all. I was stuck at work (most of the games in this series have been scheduled at odd times)so I followed along online from time to time. I'll miss a portion of the next game for the same reason.

And you're right, this has been a great series.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:23 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I put that in quotes because I was in a dentist's chair for most of it but the technicians kept hollering out what was going on.  Too bad Wacha lost another no-hitter; his list start went 8 2/3 innings before he lost it and his next start (this one) went 7 1/3.  That's amazing considering less than 2 years ago this kid was pitching for Texas A&M.

Anyway, this series has gone just like most people figured it would; right down to the wire.  Great showing by Pirates fans at PNC BTW, that place hasn't been rocking that hard since it was built!  Even after last night's loss Cardinal players were saying how fun it was to be playing at that beautiful venue in front of such a wound-up crowd.  I think it was David Freese who said something like "That was fun!  That's how playoff baseball is supposed to be!"
I couldn't watch this one at all. I was stuck at work (most of the games in this series have been scheduled at odd times)so I followed along online from time to time. I'll miss a portion of the next game for the same reason.

And you're right, this has been a great series.
Hell, these teams have now played each other 23 times this year with Pittsburgh winning 12 and the Cards winning 11. It doesn't get much more evenly matched than that. And if the Bucs win the next game, I'm rooting for them all the way because I hate the other NL teams left and the AL is, well...the AL...

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Man on Fire
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:40 am

"Hellraiser: Deader" (2005)

Seventh 'Hellraiser' flick stars former MTV babe Kari Wuhrer as a reporter sent to Romania (?) to track down a cult of so-called 'Deaders' - people who seem to have the power to bring the dead back to life. Of course, a certain Pinhead doesn't particularly like these folks treading on his turf, and she ends up caught in the middle of a fight between the two.

This stylish, extremely gory and disturbing flick was entertaining enough, unfortunately it didn't feel much like a Hellraiser film, since Pinhead's role is limited to a couple of glorified cameos.

I've seen better from this series but I've also seen worse.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Seventh 'Hellraiser' flick stars former MTV babe Kari Wuhrer as a reporter sent to Romania (?) to track down a cult of so-called 'Deaders' - people who seem to have the power to bring the dead back to life. Of course, a certain Pinhead doesn't particularly like these folks treading on his turf, and she ends up caught in the middle of a fight between the two.

This stylish, extremely gory and disturbing flick was entertaining enough, unfortunately it didn't feel much like a Hellraiser film, since Pinhead's role is limited to a couple of glorified cameos.

Thoughts on Scott Derrickson's Hellraiser Inferno?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 am

Bones
Sleepy Hollow
Haven
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 am

Saw 'Rush' at the cinema yesterday, and was impressed. The two leads (Hemsworth and Bruhl) were both outstanding. I'm not a huge Ron Howard fan, but he did really well with the race sequences.

Well worth a look!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 am

I've been watching the first 3 seasons of Underbelly, and if I've learned one thing, it's that Australian gangsters love boobs. They really love boobs!! lol! 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:46 am

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hellraiser: Hellworld is easily the worst entry in this franchise IMO. Although the last 3 pretty much all suck IMO.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:06 am

I can't remember which film is which but I remember these films getting really really bad!!

A shame as the original film was fantastic TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 352445 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 am

Sleepy Hollow
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I can't remember which film is which but I remember these films getting really really bad!!

A shame as the original film was fantastic TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 352445 

It's the Law Of Diminshing Returns. It happens with every long running series of films (there are some exceptions of course). And with the Hellraiser series, I don't think I've seen anything past the second one. I never even heard of the ones mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:12 am

Quote :
I'm not sure if I've seen that one. I lost track of the Hellraiser series after the fourth movie ('Bloodline') and it's only recently that I've been making any kind of attempt to get caught up. I know I saw one post-'Bloodline' sequel years ago and it sucked, but I can't remember which one it was.

I got 'Hellworld' from the library a while ago (which wasn't bad but wasn't great either) and that's where I got 'Deader' from as well.

'Deader' was a nice looking flick, technically well made, had a couple of cool grossout scenes, but it never reallly came together and didn't have the 'Hellraiser' feel.

As I understand it, these later direct to video 'Hellraiser' sequels were all adapted from other horror scripts Dimension Films had laying around, which they then re-wrote to make them into Hellraiser movies. That would explain the near total lack of Pinhead/Cenobite action in them, cuz they weren't supposed to be there in the first place, and were just being shoehorned in wherever they could find a place to fit'em.

I'm sure Doug 'Pinhead' Bradley wasn't complaining. He probably shot all of his scenes for each of these sequels in a day or two, collected his paycheck, and went home. Laughing very hard

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 am

This Amazon review of Hellraiser:Hellworld is not only spot on, it cracks me up:

Quote :
Given the nature of the last four Hellraiser movies, I've felt for the past two weeks like I've been in one of them myself. Everything is disconnected, it all has vague connections to reality, I see hints of familiarity, but then, without warning, I find myself somewhere else with a sense of déjà vu and lost time and oh look, there's Pinhe--oh wait, he's gone again. And then the dream starts over, like watching an old 8mm film on which someone has spilled their Pepsi and the syrup from the drink has gummed up the works and then I leave the room to get a drink and I come back and oh look, there's Pinhe--oh wait, he's gone again. Then the dream starts over again, this time somewhere else and I'm surrounded by different people and oh look, there's Pinhe--dang, missed him again. But this time Lance Henrikson is there, so that's always good, at least. And Henry Cavill managing very well to NOT pull off a convincing or consistent American accent. All I can say is I hope he does better in THE MAN OF STEEL.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 am

^^ When I saw 'Hellworld' earlier this year and saw Henry Cavill's name in the credits, I was like 'Hey, isn't that the guy who's gonna be the new Superman?'

...and when the movie was over, I thought to myself 'If his Superman movie becomes a hit, I bet he's gonna want to strike this one off of his resume.' Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ When I saw 'Hellworld' earlier this year and saw Henry Cavill's name in the credits, I was like 'Hey, isn't that the guy who's gonna be the new Superman?'

...and when the movie was over, I thought to myself 'If his Superman movie becomes a hit, I bet he's gonna want to strike this one off of his resume.' Laughing very hard
I'm sure his handlers made agreements that questions about Hellworld would NOT be asked in any interview.......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 am

Quote :
I'm sure his handlers made agreements that questions about Hellworld would NOT be asked in any interview.......
I'm surprised that they didn't re-release 'Hellworld' on DVD with Henry Cavill's face on the cover next to Pinhead's, with a big sticker that said 'STARRING HENRY 'MAN OF STEEL' CAVILL!' Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I'm surprised that they didn't re-release 'Hellworld' on DVD with Henry Cavill's face on the cover next to Pinhead's, with a big sticker that said 'STARRING HENRY 'MAN OF STEEL' CAVILL!' Laughing very hard
I'm sure that re-release with the new cover will be coming soon....
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:26 am

I don't know if I should feel sympathy for watchers of new Hellraiser movies. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next