Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.

Go down 
+10
nevermore
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Addy
exact33
DallasBlack
MoonChild
kmorg
Chrome Locust
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Empty
PostSubject: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:43 am

I did overstep the mark - I APOLOGISE. I've been in his situation in 2006, we got serious heat over a certain matter; I missed the inquest I was in a coma, but it was touch and go if we got a sentence - so the Zimmerman thing has hit a nerve with me. Maybe he was right, maybe wrong, I'll sy no more. I should have kept my mouth shut - not something I'm very good at, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:44 am

No need to appoligize. Like I said, you did nothing worng. We just try to nib things in the bud around here Wink

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 am

kmorg wrote:
No need to appoligize. Like I said, you did nothing worng. We just try to nib things in the bud around here Wink

Thanx man.

Last edited by Chrome Locust on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 am

cheers Afterall we are blood brothers in the name of the Gods of Rock!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:20 am

No worries, I've put my political foot in my mouth around here my first year. Caused some heat between me and Spec but we were able to patch things up. I'm not ashamed of my political beliefs but I've learned not to get into politics with people (unless theirs and mine agree). No other discussion (save religion) causes more problems than political ones.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
No worries, I've put my political foot in my mouth around here my first year. Caused some heat between me and Spec but we were able to patch things up. I'm not ashamed of my political beliefs but I've learned not to get into politics with people (unless theirs and mine agree). No other discussion (save religion) causes more problems than political ones.

and beer!! Dont forget beer!

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:29 am

at least our favorite bands arent boycotting florida like that dude Stevie Wonder (as I hear in Eddie Murphy's voice Stevie Wonder a Musical Genuis) heh

Anyways.....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:40 pm

headbanger headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I know, but a one on one in the street are God damn fine with some mouthy f**k, aren't they lol. Its the truth, I know, its in our nature. One holds their gob back for so long, and one meets some t**t in the pub, or in the street too many, fancy a little taste of you - its too tempting. 8/10 I walk away from - the other two (I'm estimating numbers) , make it three, had to explain the meaning of life to them lol. I try to avoid violence at all costs - but I'd be lying if I said I don't mind getting backed into a corner at times. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 pm

You didnot do or say anything wrong or offensive, but living in Florida, people suddenly feel they are now lawyers because they watched one to many epsiodes of Law and Order, and are experts on race relations because they saw a Spike Lee film back in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:08 pm

manny wrote:
You didnot do or say anything wrong or offensive, but living in Florida, people suddenly feel they are now lawyers because they watched one to many epsiodes of Law and Order, and are experts on race relations because they saw a Spike Lee film back in the 90's.  

That is sure the truth..... much as I love my state....................really, people in general are disgustingly judgmental on any case that gets dropped in the media, and the media is even worse for dragging it all out there and adding their own worthless two cents..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 am

I missed a Zimmerman thread? Shit! I love pointing out how absolutely wrong people are concerning that whole mess.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I missed a Zimmerman thread? Shit! I love pointing out how absolutely wrong people are concerning that whole mess.

Go for it now!! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:11 pm

nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Go for it now!! lol! 
I was defriended by 17 people on Facebook between the day and the day after he was found not guilty. Haha.

http://www.dlas.org/questions-zimmerman-verdict

Give that link a gander.

I've also pissed off a number of people who have posted that crap about the woman who fired "warning shots" and got 20 years. Because, of course, no one cares to actually learn what really happened.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Go for it now!! lol! 
I was defriended by 17 people on Facebook between the day and the day after he was found not guilty. Haha.

Give that link a gander.

I've also pissed off a number of people who have posted that crap about the woman who fired "warning shots" and got 20 years. Because, of course, no one cares to actually learn what really happened.

That was a trip. There are a lot of people that need to take that survey.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Go for it now!! lol! 

Give that link a gander.

interesting survey. No way cracker is meant to be a 'descriptive term'. Its used to describe white folks - which is by definition racist.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:06 pm

That whole case showed just how horrible our society is. So many people just ignore the facts, it's unreal.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:23 pm

The outside world scares me most days of the week.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:20 pm

I just can't believe the racial divide this has caused. I can only hope the aftermath from the impact will dissipate at some point. And the hate speech is OUTRAGEOUS. I'm seeing people on Facebook I once thought peacemakers come around and turn others to shreds with barbaric language. It's really discouraging.

And what Stevie Wonder is doing seems pretty ignorant in basically grouping all his fans that live in Florida and punishing them for something that was never even part of the case. In other words, why should the population of Florida suffer for this? Not that I care, anyway. I love his music, but isn't it ballpark 500 a ticket for cheap seats?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I just can't believe the racial divide this has caused. I can only hope the aftermath from the impact will dissipate at some point. And the hate speech is OUTRAGEOUS. I'm seeing people on Facebook I once thought peacemakers come around and turn others to shreds with barbaric language. It's really discouraging.

And what Stevie Wonder is doing seems pretty ignorant in basically grouping all his fans that live in Florida and punishing them for something that was never even part of the case. In other words, why should the population of Florida suffer for this? Not that I care, anyway. I love his music, but isn't it ballpark 500 a ticket for cheap seats?

The good thing is Ted Nugent spoke his mind about Mr. Wonder.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Is it EVER a good thing when the Nuge speaks his mind? He is completely batsh*t crazy!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Is it EVER a good thing when the Nuge speaks his mind? He is completely batsh*t crazy!
He does have some rather crazy ideas, but in general I find much of what he says to be perfectly sensible. His more outlandish comments tend to overshadow the rest of what he says, but I wouldn't call him crazy in general.

As for the Zimmerman thing and the whole Boycott Florida crap, it's all a joke. These celebrities are just as blind as Stevie Wonder. There will always be a racial divide. It's a human thing, and you can't take the human out of humans.

White people (who don't suffer from White Guilt Syndrome) see these kinds of cases far differently than black people. And it all revolves around color. You'll remember, when OJ murdered two white people in cold blood and was acquitted, black communities all across the world rejoiced. Racial bias will always exist.

Especially when people are too f*cking dumb to understand that the media is manipulating them left and right.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Especially when people are too f*cking dumb to understand that the media is manipulating them left and right.

Yeah well, get that sorted and we would very soon have a much better world.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Go for it now!! lol! 

Give that link a gander.

interesting survey. No way cracker is meant to be a 'descriptive term'. Its used to describe white folks - which is by definition racist.

You are so wrong! A cracka (as it is pronounced) is a person acting like they are a police. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:39 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Go for it now!! lol! 

Give that link a gander.

You are so wrong! A cracka (as it is pronounced) is a person acting like they are a police. Very Happy 

the term is a racial stereotype normally used in describing poor white people. You can make an argument that it is not racist is Georgia or Florida. In terms of usage by Martin, it was meant to be a racial slur.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.   Sorry, people,  for Zimmerman thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry, people, for Zimmerman thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next