Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People who inspire you....

Go down 
+15
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
XYZ
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Troublezone
Schbopo
akeldama
Necrosultan
mc666
Stender
Addy
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

People who inspire you.... Empty
PostSubject: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:57 am

At the risk of sounding like a Myspace questionnaire, most of us have "heroes". Who are some of the people who truly inspire you?

For me:

Jesus Christ - he provided the ultimate sacrifice for me

Pastor Bob Beeman - what I know of the man is a humble person who tries to live his life the way God intended everyday.

Steve Rowe - He's cheated death on many occassions and from what little I know of him, has never lost his faith through it all

My parents - They have had highs and lows during their marriage and have held strong through adversity and happiness. I hope I have as much strength as they do with my marriage.

My wife - she gives me confidence to get through the day. She has always done things she wanted no matter how many people told her she couldn't. PLus she puts up with me on a daily basis. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:05 am

Your wife should be nominated for sainthood Smile

Seriously cool list, most heroes have feet of clay and it seems like these people inspire you to be a better person, which is what a hero should inspire one to do.

Last edited by manny on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:10 am

Blackie Lawless and David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap.

For obvious reasons.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 am

JC [first and foremost - the rest in no particular order], Rollins, Marley, Biafra, Morgan Freeman, Shiney's sons Udo & X.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 pm

🇬🇹

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:31 pm

My dad- I was blessed with awesome parents but I consider my Dad one of my heros

Jesus Christ- Perfection

My Pastor- I have very high respect for him he's one of the few people i can trust 200% and has never laughed or scoffed at any lame brain idea ive had

My Wife- Shes a hard worker and is strong, She pushes me even when it hurts but she makes me want to be a better person
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Jesus Christ
Hunter S. Thompson
Charles Bukowski
Steve Rowe
Jahred Shaine
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 pm

myself. no one else even comes close.

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 pm

My hero is integrity.
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 pm

The almighty J.C.

Growing up Catholic (harsh, I know) we, as in family, always looked up to him.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:52 pm

Jesus Christ
Dave Mustaine
My Wife Jennifer
Old Testament Joseph
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Frank Zappa

Last edited by Schbopo on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 pm

God/Jesus Christ - Unconditional love

My Grandmother - Always helped make my life better.

Randy Rhoads - For pushing the boundaries in metal

EVH - For reinventing metal soloing

Chris Oliva - For being an amazing unsung hero in metal

Last but not least Tony Iommi for inventing the metal riff.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:21 am

There are quite a few, but I'll highlight one man who's really inspired me in so many ways:

Father Vazken - No man has ever challenged me to look outside of myself and has brought to my attention the horrors of Genocide and the importance to help those who are less fortunate than us. This man is involved in more humanitarian programs than I can think of, yet is one of the most down to earth, humble, and funniest man you'll ever meet. His favorite band is Jethro Tull and he's still in love with the Beatles and particularly John Lennon's work (his dream was to be in a rock band, but he opted for the priesthood instead).

For anyone interested in only a small portion his work:

http://www.epostle.net/
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:37 am

Quote :
Old Testament Joseph

You know I almost listed him as that is my favorite OT Account Good call on him
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:21 am

Noone. I'm just living my life day to day, doing what I do.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:28 am

Jesus
Parents and sister
Best Friend
My youth pastor
EVH
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:04 pm

My father is my hero, but I was lucky enough to have two wonderful parents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:08 pm

My Grandmother. She raised me until I was 5 years old, and she's been there for me ever since. She's almost 90, but still sharp as a tack. One of the most genuine human beings I've ever had the pleasure to know.

Dug Pinnick - never give up on your dreams and never let anyone tell you how much you're worth. Dug was 38 years old when Out Of The Silent Planet was released, same age as I am right now. That's proof to me that I still have a shot at becoming the person I want to be.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:36 pm

JC
My Grandfather
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Garfield The Cat
Jabba The Hut
Roseanne
Kobayashi
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:22 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Garfield The Cat
Jabba The Hut
Roseanne
Kobayashi

And State Puff...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Quote :
My Grandmother. She raised me until I was 5 years old, and she's been there for me ever since. She's almost 90, but still sharp as a tack. One of the most genuine human beings I've ever had the pleasure to know.

God bless the Grandmothers...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:53 am

Besides my parents, cultural figures that inspired me to be more creative and be myself when I was young lad:

Jim Morrison
Jack Kerouac
Marlon Brando
Alice Cooper
Dylan Thomas
Sylvia Plath
Bob Dylan
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:21 pm

the homeless, they make sure I get every morning to go to work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who inspire you....   People who inspire you.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People who inspire you....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next