Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some people just don't get it.

Go down 
+18
T-Roy
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
ultrametal
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
thejokeriv
sheets
James B.
ultmetal
Thrasher73
kmorg
Lurideath
Stender
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Some people just don't get it. Empty
PostSubject: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:44 am

Here is a post on Blabbermouth. Read the comments??? Ult especially you.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122279
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:47 am

Glenn, you're such a Christian fanatic. Rolling Eyes Everyone wants things to be so black and white so they can wrap their simple minds around it. A Christian in a non-christian band??? PERISH THE THOUGHT! Mad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:51 am

Glenn was in Die Happy? scratch

But seriously: meh, it's Blabbermouth. Nuff said.

If I were you Glenn, I'd make an account there just so you could reply to that guy "Hey Zippy: Bite me."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 am

Cool, did you see the footage? What a time in Colombia.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Cool, did you see the footage?

YouTube and this particular computer dont' get along well (I'm @ work) so I'll have to check it out later...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 pm

What an idiot, and I dont think Glenn played in Die happy....did you Glenn?

RADICAL FOOTY BY THE WAY GLENN IT LOOKED LIKE A BLAST!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:22 pm

That's something that angers me as well Glenn. Just because you were in so and so band in the past, idiots won't let it go. Still happens to me and I HATE it!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Glenn was never in Die Happy.
What can I say? Some people are just morons, and love to "hear" their "voices" online. tired

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Next you'll be wearing a denim jacket with patches of secular bands on it. Razz

What a bunch of closed minded people Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Saw that and commented just moments ago. Blabbermouth attracts some real interesting characters.

I wear a huge Hirax patch on my denim vest at each and every show we play! I have also been know to sport a Hirax shirt under that vest. 🤘

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:08 pm

I am glad I clicked the link

the comments were lame
but the Hirax footage smoked 🤘

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:13 pm

You know, people really tick me off. That's the second friend I've had to defend in the past couple weeks over a freakin' t-shirt!

Christians getting on Steve Rowe for wearing a Saxon shirt, now people getting on Glenn for an Ultimatum shirt. What the heck? People sure are weird.

It's all freakin' heavy metal. If you watch a documentary on Billy The Kid does that mean you must neccessarily be a villan? If you read a fiction novel, does it mean you must believe everything that book says. If you listen to Saxon or Ultimatum does that mean you must believe everything Saxon or Ultimatum sings about? How ridiculous!

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:48 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Everyone wants things to be so black and white so they can wrap their simple minds around it. A Christian in a non-christian band??? PERISH THE THOUGHT! Mad

I guess we need to start purging Christians from these non-Christian bands. Guess that means Tom Araya won't be allowed to be in Slayer anymore, no more drumming in Iron Maiden for Nicko McBrain, Megadeth will just have to implode altogether without Dave Mustaine, etc....
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Hey Glenn, in the new vid either steve or Lance is wearing a Hirax shirt that has Hirax on the front Hirax in bold yellow with a red outline and some text below that....do you know if those will be sold as merch, They look really cool!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:07 pm

What a bunch of wack jobs!!!!

Ult - great post!!!!!! And this is why we have certin rules on this board, to keep the 15 year old little boys that comment on Blabbermouth off this board!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
What a bunch of wack jobs!!!!

Ult - great post!!!!!! And this is why we have certin rules on this board, to keep the 15 year old little boys that comment on Blabbermouth off this board!!!

I totally agree. Signing up for these boards was one of the better moves I've made in my life. It's probably the only forum where I don't have to worry about getting into a pissing match every 5 posts. This place is like my vacation getaway!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
You know, people really tick me off. That's the second friend I've had to defend in the past couple weeks over a freakin' t-shirt!

Christians getting on Steve Rowe for wearing a Saxon shirt, now people getting on Glenn for an Ultimatum shirt. What the heck? People sure are weird.

It's all freakin' heavy metal. If you watch a documentary on Billy The Kid does that mean you must neccessarily be a villan? If you read a fiction novel, does it mean you must believe everything that book says. If you listen to Saxon or Ultimatum does that mean you must believe everything Saxon or Ultimatum sings about? How ridiculous!

So I take it you think Christ himself would be OK with wearing a DEICIDE t-shirt?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Blabbermouth is a great site, but you people should stop reading after the article itself. unless the article is about Meshuggah, Opeth, or some Devin Townsend project...the comments are nothing but negativity.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

So I take it you think Christ himself would be OK with wearing a DEICIDE t-shirt?

What has that got to do with anything?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

You dont think that would be cool? Music is entertainment and it all depends on the listener whether they take what the artist does or says seriously. Christ could be a huge Deicide fan and still wish good among mankind. He might not necassarily like the lyrics but he could just like the music it self. What if Satan wore a Stryper shirt? Now that would just be poor taste. come on. You like what you like despite what your religion. If you dont like something dont listen to it.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I personally wouldn't wear a Decide shirt. Most of them are pretty disrespectful to what I believe, and I'm not a fan of their music. However, I wouldn't judge another person if he wore one or is a fan of the band.

Do I think Christ would wear one? No. Why would he? I certainly wouldn't wear a shirt that direspected me. Why would He wear one that disrepect Himself? Then again, I don't know that he would wear an Ultimatum or Temple of Blood shirt either. I don't really see how that is relavant to the subject of Glenn being a Christian in a secular band or wearing an Ultimatum shirt on stage. To me, it's his way of helping promote us and supporting underground metal. Does that mean he has to believe everything we believe? Steve Rowe wearing a Saxon shirt. Does that mean that Steve Rowe must believe everything that Saxon sings about? He's not wearing a Deicide shirt. I see your band wearing secular shirts, so I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh, all you "metal people" are going straight to hell anyways.

And JC loves Deicide and PFR and even Axl Rose, equally. Have you ever worn Nike clothing Temp? Talk about evil.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

And JC loves Deicide and PFR and even Axl Rose, equally.

Ding,Ding, We have a winner folks!

Good post Unc
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I like cheese on my crackers does that mean I am againts the cow who made the milk to produce the cheese? \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some people just don't get it.   Some people just don't get it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some people just don't get it.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next