Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters

Go down 
+19
Witchfinder
mr.electric39
Eyesore
Red Kitty
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
mc666
Boris2008
Citanul
DevZor
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
Addy
corplhicks
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

Foo Fighters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:23 am

Ehh, they're okay I suppose. I do like a few songs here and there that I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 am

[quote="thejokeriv"]
S.D. wrote:
I would rather listen to Foo Fighters than Nickleback any day of the week!

Oh that goes double for me too.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

Addy wrote:
Theyll never top their debut album but I had a feeling 2014 would be the year they crank it out. With the Sound City thing winding down (awesome documentry btw) Which means a tour which means ADDY IS GOING TO SEE THEM!!!!!!! (if they are within a reasonable distance Smile)
Regarding the Sound City: Real to Reel sessions....AMAZING! I just caught part of it on Palladia the other night. It's on my list to buy...and soon!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:10 am

I got Sound City on Blu-Ray (birthday present) and it is a great documentary I want to get the soundtrack thats got all the songs the sound city players did. So far I think my fav is the one with the dude from Slipknot in it. Then it would be the one with Stevie Nicks and then Paul McCartney.

Quote :
S.D. wrote:
I would rather listen to Foo Fighters than Nickleback any day of the week!

Oh that goes double for me too.
Diff strokes for Diff folks I guess but me I'd rather listen to Pit Farting on a snare drum than Nickleback
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:14 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Addy wrote:
Theyll never top their debut album
So, IYO they'll never be better than a one-man, 16-track recorded demo? Shocked 

lol! 

IMO, I think TCATS and WL are the two best ones....but I love them all.
That would be a Negative Ghostrider......

Maybe its because of the times, or where I was in my life but Their debut album for me theres no fillers whatsoever. I love every song. I can even say the same thing about their second album The Color and the Shape would be a very very close 2nd for me. Don't get me wrong I love every single Foos release Ive gotten my hands on (which also includes a few "imports") But After Their 3rd album I find that its not as rememberable or it's not as appealing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 am

I didn't really get into these guys until There Is Nothing Left To Lose. Prior to that, I just wrote them off as "some crappy alt/grunge band with Nirvana's drummer". I'm glad I've matured some since then. \'arry \'eadbanger 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:24 am

I didnt konw what to think of them when I first heard "This is a Call" what hooked me was the "I'll Stick Around" video It was like 3am (workin 3rd shift at the time) was my night off was going through the channels and was like "Thats the Drummer from Nirvana" got the debut album and I was hooked ever since...

There's Nothing Left to Lose has one of my all time fav foo's songs which is "Aurora" that was one of the only Foo Fighter albums I did not like on 1st listen. It grew on me big time
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:27 am

Watched Sound City - excellent doc, I think I need to pick up the soundtrack too. The Rick Springfield track was killer. Surprisingly to me, the Paul McCartney track was darn good too (and I am not at all a fan of the Beatles)

Listened to Wasting Light afterwards - that is a really good album, liked it better than the first time I listened to it
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:10 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Watched Sound City - excellent doc, I think I need to pick up the soundtrack too. The Rick Springfield track was killer. Surprisingly to me, the Paul McCartney track was darn good too (and I am not at all a fan of the Beatles)

Listened to Wasting Light afterwards - that is a really good album, liked it better than the first time I listened to it
The soundtrack is awesome. It will be in my Top 10 for 2013. It's also one of the few soundtracks I own and only one of 2 that I can listen to the whole way through without hitting the skip button (Singles is the other one). Lots of different "flavors" on the album, but they all work extremely well together. The Rick Springfield track rocks harder than I thought possible. Catchy as hell too.

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:33 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Buy the LP, all the care put into the recording of the album was completely killed in the CD mastering...which has a pathetic 4db of dynamic range.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 am

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Buy the LP, all the care put into the recording of the album was completely killed in the CD mastering...which has a pathetic 4db of dynamic range.
Which one - Sound City or Wasting Light?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Sound City
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:01 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Sound City
Thx
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:53 pm

The same could probably be said for Wasting Light as well though. I'm pretty sure that album was recorded in Dave's home studio on analog equipment and 2 inch tape.

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The same could probably be said for Wasting Light as well though. I'm pretty sure that album was recorded in Dave's home studio on analog equipment and 2 inch tape.
Yep, you're correct...

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - CD = DR5
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - LP = DR11
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Didn't he actually use the board from Sound City (installing it in his house) to record Wasting Light? I thought I read that somewhere...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Didn't he actually use the board from Sound City (installing it in his house) to record Wasting Light? I thought I read that somewhere...
I thought he installed it after Wasting Light and had used analogue equipment he already owned to record that one.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:01 am

I gotta be more awake when I read this board there was a post awhile back here talking bout listening to foos over nickleback. I think when I replied to that I read it wrong cuz Id rather listen to the foos than Nickleback, but also would rather listen to pit farting on a snare drum than listen to Nickleback. Anyways......

Shawn - I dont know I didnt hear that, I just know for Wasting Light Dave wanted to do it the old fashion way (Analog). The Sound City soundtrack was done with the board from Sound City in Dave's studio (606)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:00 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I thought he installed it after Wasting Light and had used analogue equipment he already owned to record that one.
I think Joker's got it right. Wasting Light was already recorded in Dave's home studio on his old analog equipment before the Sound City board was brought in.

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:22 am

You see them installing the Sound City board at his house in the documentary, this is prior to them recording the songs from the soundtrack. Don't exactly need to be Sherlock to figure it out. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:09 am

S.D. wrote:
You see them installing the Sound City board at his house in the documentary, this is prior to them recording the songs from the soundtrack. Don't exactly need to be Sherlock to figure it out.  Razz 

YEAH!

With Wasting Light they gave out in the albums slivers of reel tape that were used in making the album that was kind of cool.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 am

S.D. wrote:
You see them installing the Sound City board at his house in the documentary, this is prior to them recording the songs from the soundtrack. Don't exactly need to be Sherlock to figure it out.  Razz 
Well, I have not seen the movie. I'm just going by what I thought I heard...putting the scenarios in my head out of order.

But, I feel like I do remember them saying that prior to Wasting Light that Dave had to actually install analog equipment...he didn't already have it. But I could be wrong about that too...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:04 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Well, I have not seen the movie. I'm just going by what I thought I heard...putting the scenarios in my head out of order.

But, I feel like I do remember them saying that prior to Wasting Light that Dave had to actually install analog equipment...he didn't already have it. But I could be wrong about that too...
Definately watch the movie when you get a chance. You'd appreciate it even more than us common folk as a big time rock star yourself. Wink 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Wasting Light the Documentry is good too, as is the Sound City documentry

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Bump for new Foo coming in November...

Quote :
FOO FIGHTERS has confirmed the worldwide release date of the band's long-awaited follow up the four-time-Grammy-winning, international No. 1 "Wasting Light". The band's eighth studio CD of all-new material will be titled "Sonic Highways" and will be released globally on Monday, November 10.

Produced by Butch Vig and FOO FIGHTERS and being released in the U.S. on Roswell/RCA, "Sonic Highways" clocks in at just over 44 minutes and is made up of the following tracks:

01. Something From Nothing
02. The Feast and The Famine
03. Congregation
04. What Did I Do?/God As My Witness
05. Outside
06. In The Clear
07. Subterranean
08. I Am A River

Though not a soundtrack album by any stretch, "Sonic Highways" shares its title with the Dave Grohl-directed eight-episode HBO series described by Grohl as a love letter to the history of American music and premiering Friday, October 17 at 11 p.m. For the album and series, Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear wrote and recorded one song in each of these eight cities, delving into the local musical currents: how each region shaped these musicians in their formative years, and in turn the impact those people had on the cultural fabric of their hometowns. All songs feature local legends sitting in, with every lyric written in an unprecedented experimental style: Dave held off on putting down words until the last day of each session, so as to be inspired by the experiences, interviews for the HBO series, and other local personalities who became part of the process.

Foo Fighters - Page 2 Foofighterssoniscd

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next