Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Go down 
+6
Wargod
Addy
Eyesore
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Empty
PostSubject: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Foo_Fighters_Wasting_Light_Album_Cover

New Foo Fighters is out today (04.12.11). Best Buy has an exclusive "deluxe edition" with bonus tracks and some videos I think. I hoping to get out today at lunch and pick up a copy.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Sweet! Going to Best Buy right now! Did you see the documentary?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Sweet! Going to Best Buy right now! Did you see the documentary?

I caught a little of it the other night. Tuned in about an hour into it. It was pretty good, so I set the tivo to record it. Hopefully I'll have time to watch it this weekend.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:33 pm

I'd like to see the whole documentary... I only caught the end of it the other day.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:36 pm

The begining was good so, you missed the good stuff. I liked it. They never seemed like a band that would have so many problems. Nothing was really that major but the few things I didn't know about.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
The begining was good so, you missed the good stuff. I liked it. They never seemed like a band that would have so many problems. Nothing was really that major but the few things I didn't know about.

They are one of the few alternative rock bands that i like. Grohl is a talented guy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:06 pm

The documentary was good. I'd read beforehand that he really opened up about Kurt's death and Courtney Love. They must have edited that because it didn't seem like he said much.

I didn't know that the first Foo album was the actual demo tape Grohl recorded. That was interesting.

Anyway, good to know Best Buy has a better edition. I'll have to go there and score a copy.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I DVR'd the documentry and ive watched it a few times i loved it

I dont have any money so i cannot get the new album but when i do i intend to get the deluxe , I love the foos and im excited bout this album for 2 reasons

1) its a new foos album
2) Butch Vig produced it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 am

Actually the the docu was pretty good and Pat Smear should have stayed thru all the cds. Dave is pretty demading though when it comes to making a good Foo Fighters album.
Dave is pretty fussy about the right chemistry but what band isn't.

Good to see Pat Smear back in the band and it is now a 5 piece and this cd was bsically recorded in his garage at home.

I've read that this cd is probably his best to date.

Will I get it? Maybe while not a big Foo Fighters fan I am a Dave Grohl fan does that make sense?

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:01 am

This is kinda weird. The deluxe Best Buy version comes with a little sliver about an inch wide of analog tape. The sticker on the album says:

"Recorded entirely on analog tape in Dave's garage. A piece of the Original Master Tape included in this package".

If it truely is a piece of the original master tape, do you really want to chop it up and give it away? I guess they have miles of the stuff. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light 436688

As far as the album goes, I've spun it a few times now and I like it allot. Is it their best? Too soon to tell. It's good, sounds like a Foo Fighters album to me. If you're a fan, you should like this one. If you're not a fan, I doubt this album will change your opinion of the band.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:41 pm

The album is pretty good. I don't think it's their best one though. The whole thing with recording it in analog is pretty cool, but from what I hear once you take those tapes and transfer it to a computer you kind of loose the sound quality and then it becomes digitized. So really was all that work done for nothing? Because to me it sounds just like every other Foo Fighters album haha.

So far Rope is my favorite song. I like the first song as well but it reminds me of Queens Of The Stone Age.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Actually the the docu was pretty good and Pat Smear should have stayed thru all the cds. Dave is pretty demading though when it comes to making a good Foo Fighters album.
Dave is pretty fussy about the right chemistry but what band isn't.

Good to see Pat Smear back in the band and it is now a 5 piece and this cd was bsically recorded in his garage at home.

I've read that this cd is probably his best to date.

Will I get it? Maybe while not a big Foo Fighters fan I am a Dave Grohl fan does that make sense?

Wargod52

Yes it does make sense at least to me, because Dave's done stuff with Slash, QOTSA, He did that album Probot, not to mention write a movie soundtrack, and other various guest spots

Pat Smear actually I think got burnt out a bit, he's been a live touring musician with the Foos for the last few years.

As for the comment this is probably the best to date, If the rest of the album is like the song Rope and the snippets ive heard then I would agree, Im really pumped because Butch Vig produced it. Nevermind was one of my 2 favorite drumming albums, Not to mention Im a fan of the band Garbage. I think Butch did a good job and am anxious to hear the rest of the album, The one track I want to really hear is the one with Krist Novoselic on bass. Just from the bass riffs on the documentry it sounded pretty intense. When I have some cash this will be the first album I buy. Its a morale imparative for me being a hard core Foo Fighters fan, and have been since 1995
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:26 pm

I wanted to hear that song "I should Have Known" when I got the cd. I skipped to it and the bass tracks sound the same as the other guys until the middle of the song. So I don't know if he played the whole song on bass or just that part. If it was just that part I don't get it. I also didn't get the Bob Mould thing because you could barely hear him.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 pm

For Record Store Day they released a vinyl of covers called Medium Rare, most of these covers I have already theres a few i dont have but, if you suscribe to Q magazine you can get the CD version of this
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Addy wrote:
For Record Store Day they released a vinyl of covers called Medium Rare, most of these covers I have already theres a few i dont have but, if you suscribe to Q magazine you can get the CD version of this

just checked that out but I can't see spending $50 for magazines I wouldn't want just to get that cd although I'm tempted.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm

You and me both, and I got most of those covers listed
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 pm

I don't have any of those covers. I think I'm just going to get the vinyl tomorrow.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 pm

if you get it lemme know how much you got it for, I might track this down when i have some cash
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:27 am

will do

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:01 am

Bought this on Tuesday. I skipped their last album because the two previous weren't all that good to me. I think they kinda peaked with There Is Nothing Left to Lose but I really liked "Rope" so I gambled my $9.99 at FYE and I love the album. Some fantastic stuff here: Rope, Arlandria, Miss the Misery, I Should Have Known and Walk.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:59 am

I still dont have this cd but i actually have heard the songs, Its not their best album I think that honor is reserved for their first 2 albums Though I did love

Rope

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:03 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Bought this on Tuesday. I skipped their last album because the two previous weren't all that good to me. I think they kinda peaked with There Is Nothing Left to Lose but I really liked "Rope" so I gambled my $9.99 at FYE and I love the album. Some fantastic stuff here: Rope, Arlandria, Miss the Misery, I Should Have Known and Walk.

Echos Silence Patience & Grace I think is my least favorite album by the Foos I do like a few songs but it didnt grab me as much as I had hoped. My all time fav is the first album
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:30 am

This is the first album of theirs that I actually like!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 pm

I like Rope, Dear Rosemary, I Should Have Known, Miss the Misery and Arlandria
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Well I tried to get that Medium Rare record and all I have to say is I HATE RECORD STORE DAY! The stores were mobbed and that must have realy been a big seller because it was sold out at the 2 big stores that I went to in NJ.

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next