Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Empty
PostSubject: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Concrete and Gold coming September 15th

Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Foofightersconcretecd

01. T-Shirt
02. Run
03. Make It Right
04. The Sky Is A Neighborhood
05. La Dee Da
06. Dirty Water
07. Arrows
08. Happy Ever After (Zero Hour)
09. Sunday Rain
10. The Line
11. Concrete And Gold

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 2:56 pm

This is the best news ive recieved all day
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Addy wrote:
This is the best news ive recieved all day

Glad I could help \'arry \'eadbanger

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Now with video goodness!)
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 8:21 am

Hehe I had read it on their facebook first though Smile I liked Run so I am hoping this is a good album as much as I love the Foos their last few releases have been well......eh with some great songs here and there. Itll never be like the first 2 albums but Im glad the Foos are back
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 12:13 pm

I was actually just wondering if these guys were still around. I'm not a huge fan of them but think they do have some good songs here and there.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 2:33 pm

supposidly half of their break they spent secretly recording this I wonder if we will get a season 2 of Sonic Highways
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:03 am

Not a fan of this particular genre, but i admit the above video is good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 11:51 am

Addy wrote:
Hehe I had read it on their facebook first though Smile  I liked Run so I am hoping this is a good album as much as I love the Foos their last few releases have been well......eh  with some great songs here and there. Itll never be like the first 2 albums but Im glad the Foos are back

I'm just the opposite. I tend to go for their later releases over the early stuff. I feel like Dave was still searching for his "sound" on those first couple of albums and they had a little more alt-rock slant to them. Once the band got a steady line-up, they really started to gel and find their hard rock sound I like.

It's all pretty good though. I've liked pretty much all their releases to some degree. Some better than others, but there are no clunkers in there as far as I'm concerned.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm

I like them all to a degree like you said some more than others. I Have some unofficial releases too and I remember hearing Friend of a Friend prob close to 10 years before it actually released. For me its not even the sound on the later stuff its just an issue of it clicking. I think the only Foo Fighters album I dont have is Skin & Bones but I have the DVD. apparently he's had some guests on this album he's not said who but I wonder.....

I just know it wasnt me lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Let's just say at the time I had a deep-seated hatred of the grunge/alternative genre that essentially killed off my beloved heavy metal. While I have since gotten over that irrational hatred, it took me awhile to warm-up to early Foo Fighters (and other grunge/alt) albums.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 am

Any thoughts on the new album? I wasn't real keen on the 2 singles I heard, but after a couple of spin throughs yesterday at work, I'm enjoying the album. It's not as heavy or rocking as their last few. This one seems a bit more, I dunno, experimental? Catchy though.

I'm curious to see how long time fans react to it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Ive only heard snippets from Itunes and I really liked what i heard

Paul McCartney drums on one song (the one Taylor sings on) I guess the dude from Boys To Men is o the last track and somewhere Justin Timerlake too which took me back he must have been the one that was referred to as one of the biggest pop stars in the world.

Did anyone see his interview that he did with Lars Ulrich? Im not a Lars fan but this was a great interview
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Addy wrote:
Ive only heard snippets from Itunes and I really liked what i heard

Paul McCartney drums on one song (the one Taylor sings on)  I guess the dude from Boys To Men is o the last track and somewhere Justin Timerlake too which took me back he must have been the one that was referred to as one of the biggest pop stars in the world.

Did anyone see his interview that he did with Lars Ulrich?  Im not a Lars fan but this was a great interview

I listened through a couple of times but I have yet to notice Timberlake's or the Boys II Men's guy's voices. It's not like that have big solos or anything. There are a bunch of outside voices and musicians that just add layers and layers to the music. Only some female vocals really stand out.

And yea, I listened to that pod cast. It was great. Dave seems like such a cool, down to earth guy.

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold   Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold
Page 1 of 1