Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters

Go down 
+13
Addy
sam
thejokeriv
Troublezone
manny
ThrashedOutCobra33
Sword Of The Heretic
Wargod
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
XYZ
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Any other fans here?
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:29 pm

GREAT ROCK BAND!!! Have & love every album!! Dave Grohl is a fantastic songwriter...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:30 pm

When these guys 1st came on the scene, I absolutley hated them simply because of their connection to Nirvana, who I hated for killing the genre of music I loved. (I've since matured and changed my opinion, so no need to tell me otherwise).

I heard the song Monkeywrench, I liked it very much and gradually started getting into their other tunes and over time became somewhat of a fan. I'm not sure why, but I've kinda lost interest in them as of late. I haven't heard an album since One By One. I think part of it is that I almost never listen to regular radio anymore and haven't bothered keeping up with them, musically speaking.
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:43 pm

I was a little slow to latch on myself...I was in a heavy Dream Theater phase at the time...but, like MG71, I heard "Monkey Wrench" and loved it! Been hooked ever since...even like the first album with all the songs I "hated" at first...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I was a little slow to latch on myself...I was in a heavy Dream Theater phase at the time...but, like MG71, I heard "Monkey Wrench" and loved it! Been hooked ever since...even like the first album with all the songs I "hated" at first...

Dave does know how to write a catchy tune.

I remember another instance that got me to look at these guys (specifically Dave Grohl) in a different light. A few years back, Dave was on the Howard Stern show by himself and did an acoustic, slower version of "Everlong". Hearing him sing with such passion and the simplicity of one lone guitar made me re-think these guys.

I like the Probot project he did as well.
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Great band. Dave Grohl is immensely talented, and while popular, doesn't get the recognition he deserves. But it is very cool that so many metalheads like Foo Fighters.

And Dave is funny as hell, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:29 pm

The only reason i like the Ff's is because Dave is the man. Not only is he one of the best rock drummers the man can write some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:02 pm

I never really gave them a chance, but then I decided to pick up "There Is Nothing Left To Lose" at the library. I was hooked from then on.
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:05 pm

The first album is genius. Dave is genius.
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:52 pm

The Colour And The Shape is a great album. Cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:46 pm

These guys are really hit or miss with me. I have everything but the last one and on each disc there are 3 or 4 songs I really like and the rest I feel is ....meh. I burned myself a Best Of Foo Fighters disc and for me, that rules!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:38 pm

I love Dave Grohl, great voice.

I'm happy they continue to succeed. I haven't bought the last album though, because I wasn't a fan of the previous album, In Your Honor.

They always puts out great singles though at least.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Dave is great as hell and real down to earth love his Probot stuff he did!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:33 pm

I don't like them.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Not a fan but Dave is metal
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:01 am

A great band. Saw them recently in concert and they put on a great show! Dave Grohl must be the luckiest person in the world because it's not often that a band finishes and then a member is able to become even more popular with a new band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Foo Fighters a really cool band, it took me awhile to warm up to them, I had bought the first CD and was not overly impressed, than I heard a few singals off the 2nd album, and spun it again and grew to like it. I don't like them as much as I liked Nirvana bu still a cool band who aren't afaird to grow, such as last cd I bought from them "In Honor" which the 2nd disc is acoustic and mellower tunes with one track even featuring Nora Jones.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:38 am

I like their cover of Baker Street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kmaX2bnes
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 am

I heard they're going on hiatus for awhile.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018442.html
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:21 am

xyz wrote:
I heard they're going on hiatus for awhile.

[url=http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018442.html
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018442.html[/quote[/url]]

I'd like to see him do something with Probot again. That was cool.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:08 am

GREAT band - plus Dave G is a huge metal fan - kind of ironic that the first band he hit it big with hurt metal for a long time. Motorhead did record the drums for their new album at his studio
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:24 pm

They have some good songs but, I'm not crazy about them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:16 pm

I am a HUGE Foo Fighter fan

I heard theyre taking a break which bums me out but Ive also heard Dave's trying to do a followup to Probot I dont know if Taylor Hawkins (The drummer) is going to work with his side band The Coattail Riders (I think theyre called) He can sing too.

I am a huge Dave Grohl fan

I love all the albums but the first 2 IMO are Dave's opus
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Bleh. Don't like em. Foo Fighters 19976
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Foo Fighters would easily be in my top 10 favorite bands of all time, then so would Stone Temple Pilots hehe
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

Foo Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next