Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters

Go down 
+19
Witchfinder
mr.electric39
Eyesore
Red Kitty
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
mc666
Boris2008
Citanul
DevZor
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
Addy
corplhicks
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Foo Fighters - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm

I think this album is going to be pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think this album is going to be pretty awesome.

Yea I just saw that on HBO. I liked the documentary they did with the last album. This should be good too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 10:29 am

Yup, looking forward to the doc and the album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't own any Foo Fighters albums... But I've heard enough stuff to know that they are a great rock band.... and I think I'm gonna go buy something today....

that video clip of their HBO show looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 12:11 pm

In preparation for their upcoming series on HBO and album, the Foo Fighters have been on Letterman all week.

Here they are performing 'War Pigs' with Zac Brown...

Not familiar with Mr. Brown, but I'd suggest he sticks to his terrible country music. Metal is not his forte.

Last night, they performed with Ann & Nancy Wilson...

Aside from her giant clown shoes, Ann sounds phenomenal. And I'd bang Nancy harder than a screen door in a wind storm.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Zac Brown is actually very good at what he does but sabbath is clearly not his thing. His thing is country fried zydeco jam band stuff. My wife loves his stuff. 😒
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 1:21 pm

I've always thought Nancy was way sexier, even during Ann's slimmer years.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
country fried zydeco jam band stuff

Apologies to your wife, but those 6 words make him even less appealing than I initially thought. Razz

Eyesore wrote:
I've always thought Nancy was way sexier, even during Ann's slimmer years.

It's the guitar that does it for me I think. And Ann's looking better these days too. She looks like she's lost some weight in that clip.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:21 pm

ZaC sounded way better than Dave singing Sabbath. Just my opinion of course!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:12 pm

He couldn't hold the notes!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Apologies to your wife, but those 6 words make him even less appealing than I initially thought. Razz

At least you don't get dragged along to these country shows like I do!  Sad
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 12:15 am

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I feel your pain. My wife only listens to country. Luckily she knows not to ask me to go to shows with her; she has her mother for that. I hope she lives forever. Haha.

The only song I've ever played that my wife has enjoyed is this one:

Which is so frickin' weird! I love this tune, but why this song, out of the thousands I've played in her presence, is the one she likes is beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 1:38 am

Watching Foo Fighters play War Pigs makes me realize that the drummer needs to play on the next Black Sabbath record if Ward is still unavailable.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 pm

New jam:

Is that a little "Holy Diver" tribute? Or rip-off? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I feel your pain. My wife only listens to country. Luckily she knows not to ask me to go to shows with her; she has her mother for that. I hope she lives forever. Haha.

Which is so frickin' weird! I love this tune, but why this song, out of the thousands I've played in her presence, is the one she likes is beyond me.

Luckily my wife also like quite a bit of metal. She knows all the classic UK Metal bands from the 80s because she's English. I've got to believe that she's the only Brit that loves country music so much that she has her own country music blog. http://theinkyjukebox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Luckily my wife also like quite a bit of metal.  She knows all the classic UK Metal bands from the 80s because she's English.  I've got to believe that she's the only Brit that loves country music so much that she has her own country music blog.  http://theinkyjukebox.blogspot.com/

lol!

What does "Hi Y'all" sound like in a British accent? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Luckily my wife also like quite a bit of metal.  She knows all the classic UK Metal bands from the 80s because she's English.  I've got to believe that she's the only Brit that loves country music so much that she has her own country music blog.  http://theinkyjukebox.blogspot.com/

lol!

It's hilarious! However, not as hilarious as when she says "badass." Ha!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

lol!

It's hilarious!  However, not as hilarious as when she says "badass."  Ha!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
New jam:

O big time - same chord progression, just played a little differently.......
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 3:58 pm

I read an interview somewhere that Grohl was indeed going for the Dio sound on that song. at least he was honest about it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:56 pm

007 wrote:
I read an interview somewhere that Grohl was indeed going for the Dio sound on that song. at least he was honest about it.

After watching the first episode of Sonic Highways, it's pretty clear it's a tribute. They don't talk about Dio at all, but there is a pretty big focus on the Chicago scene and particularly Buddy Guy, and some of the lyrics are directly tied to him. At the end of the show there was footage of the band playing to the song, with lyrics appearing on the screen.

Anyway, I'm thinking this album is going to be loaded with these kinds of tributes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 am

So has anyone else picked up the new album or been watching the Sonic Highways doc on HBO? I think the album is fantastic and the doc is interesting. It's a pretty ambitious project on Dave and the band's part. Must've cost them a fortune to record in 8 different cities and studios.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New jam:

Ken, that's the first thing that popped into my head when I heard this for the first time. Excellent tune.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 am

The Foo Fighters are offering their new ep for free...

http://www.saintceciliaep.com/

You can make a donation to the victims of the Paris bombings if you're so inclined.

EDIT: D'oh!! I see Eyesore beat me to the punch. This was posted in the Free Download section too. Nothing to see here. Move along people.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 am

Never a huge fan of the Foo Fighters but they are good. I recently saw Studio City which was written and produced by Dave. If you are a fan of the behind the scenes stuff at a recording studio you need to check out the movie.

As a side note, I grew up near Nick Raskulinecz, their producer (who also produced Test For Echo). Nick was a member of a Knoxville band called Hypertribe. They were awesome locally and then one day disappeared. They ended up moving to LA and changing the name to "The Movement". So I completely lost track of them. I also went to high school with John Davis of the band Superdrag. I had an art class with him, he was a freshman and I was a senior. I got in contact with him earlier this year and he remembered "talking to someone about GNR in art class" he didn't directly remember me (which is fine). I was just telling him I remember Superdrag and had no idea he was the vocalist. He ended up releasing a couple of Christian albums (and is now in a band called The Lees Of Memory). He sent me a CD in the mail and I listened to it, liked it and thanked him. I told him "This sounds like the Foo Fighters". He replied "Yeah, because Nick Raskulinecz produced it and he is from Knoxville too and was in Hypertribe". Ah-ha! We talked a bit about Hypertribe and I had told him I had no idea what happened to them. Anyway, thought I would share and if you are a fan of the Foo Fighters you can hear a sample of John's music here:

He has two or 3 solos albums but that is the only one that is in that style of music. The whole "Arigato!" album is really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next