Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 pm

About to watch 'The Prophecy 2' on AppleTV because I'm feeling like checking out underwhelming sequels to great movies.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Star Trek: Voyager

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:13 am

"Devil Fish" (1984)

Also known as "Monster Shark," "Devouring Waves" and "Red Ocean" among other titles, this is a sh*thouse no budget "Jaws" wanna-be made in Italy. A resort area is plagued by a series of mysterious deaths and a crew of oceanographers discover that it's the work of a prehistoric species of shark/octopus hybrid. Yes, seriously.

As usual with Italian horror flicks, the dialogue is nonsensical, the dubbing is bad and the effects.. well, they leave a lot to be desired. You barely see the creature in this movie and when you finally do it looks like an old sofa with teeth. On the up side, the female cast members are attractive and they spend most of the movie wearing very little clothing.

Apparently "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" ripped this movie a new ass some years back. I'd say that it was well deserved.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:43 am

Iron Man
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:26 am

"Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film" (2006)

Way cool documentary that explores the slasher film boom-and-bust cycle of the 80s, featuring lots of clips from vintage films and extensive interviews with splatter film royalty like John Carpenter, Tom Savini, Wes Craven, Sean ("Friday the 13th") Cunningham, Betsy "Mrs. Voorhees" Palmer, and dozens more. Tons of fun for horror geeks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:55 am

SpectreFate wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 RapturePalooza-PosterArt

Smart black comedy with the beautiful and talented Anna Kendrick.

It was cute.  Kendrick looked AMAZING. fainting
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:28 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 pm

"Shock Waves" (1977)

In this schlocky, waterlogged 70s horror flick, the crew and passengers of a pleasure cruise boat find themselves stranded on a seemingly deserted island ... only to find out that the waters around them are home to a troop of underwater Nazi zombies, the products of a WWII German experiment gone wrong. Fun to watch in a goofball kind of way, but far from "good."
This flick has become a cult classic and is considered the best underwater Nazi zombie movie ever made, which sounds impressive till you realize that there really isn't much competition for that title. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 am

Fringe, season 1 finale. I dunno, there's a lot to like about this show, but there's also a lot to hate. So far. I rather enjoyed the eyebrow raising twists in the end but I really hope season 2 is going to find its groove (to be honest I've read up on this and it looks like season 2 is the clincher as the mythology is supposed to really develop along with the characters). There's a lot of nitpicking that can be had--I'll spare everyone here--but the one thing I hope that changes above all else is Peter's constant, nonstop use of his father's name every damn time he addresses him and then some. Not that calling him Walter instead of Dad bothers me; it's just that I'm tired of hearing the name Walter over and over and over...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 am

corplhicks wrote:
Fringe, season 1 finale. I dunno, there's a lot to like about this show, but there's also a lot to hate. So far. I rather enjoyed the eyebrow raising twists in the end but I really hope season 2 is going to find its groove (to be honest I've read up on this and it looks like season 2 is the clincher as the mythology is supposed to really develop along with the characters). There's a lot of nitpicking that can be had--I'll spare everyone here--but the one thing I hope that changes above all else is Peter's constant, nonstop use of his father's name every damn time he addresses him and then some. Not that calling him Walter instead of Dad bothers me; it's just that I'm tired of hearing the name Walter over and over and over...

I really liked season one (I love the characters, that's really the #1 ingredient in a TV show for me, if I care about the characters I can overlook just about any other flaw), but the show does hit its stride during the second season and gets a lot more complex in the process.  Seasons 2 & 3 are incredibly complex rides and Season 4 will turn your head inside out.  Get used to hearing the name "Walter" though, that's not going away.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I really liked season one (I love the characters, that's really the #1 ingredient in a TV show for me, if I care about the characters I can overlook just about any other flaw), but the show does hit its stride during the second season and gets a lot more complex in the process.  Seasons 2 & 3 are incredibly complex rides and Season 4 will turn your head inside out.  Get used to hearing the name "Walter" though, that's not going away.

See, that makes me excited. The more complex the better. I did sneak in the first ep of season 2 this morning; already I'm starting to see a difference. Hoping to get in a mass marathon this weekend.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Cards vs Marlins

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:39 pm

This Is The End (2013)

Caught a matinee this afternoon, very funny flick!  In the wrong hands it could have been a complete disaster (a bunch of actors play themselves and get stuck in James Franco's house after the rapture) but for the most part it worked beautifully.  More laugh-out-loud funny moments than I've seen in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:25 am

Finally got around to watching The Big Lebowski.  It doesn't quite reach the greatness of Raising Arizona for me, but it's pretty damn close.  And I thought the often quoted stuff wasn't as great as some of the other lines not often quoted.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:11 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:33 am

Stand By Me

I still really like it, but it has aged a bit for me.  Rob Reiner has kind of a clunky style to things.  Funny thing about it is the ending I used to find very emotional but now older with kids not as much.  Seems like it should be the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:42 am

"Skyfall" (2012)

The James Bond series celebrates its 50th anniversary in grand, epic style!

After a near death experience on a botched mission in Istanbul, James Bond returns to active duty to battle a cyberterrorist (Javier Bardem) who's targeting M.I.6 and Bond's boss lady "M" (Judi Dench). The mission takes him to Shanghai and even to the old Bond family homestead in Scotland.

Daniel Craig has finally settled into the 007 role and made it his own.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Man Of Steel - great flick! Decibel wise the absolute loudest movie I have ever seen in a theater..... sounded like Rick Rubin did the sound mastering
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 4:26 pm

jstate wrote:
Finally got around to watching The Big Lebowski.  It doesn't quite reach the greatness of Raising Arizona for me, but it's pretty damn close.  And I thought the often quoted stuff wasn't as great as some of the other lines not often quoted.
The Big Lebowski is one of the best comedies out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Caught The Purge last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:19 pm

nevermore wrote:
Caught The Purge last night.
How was that?

I think it's an interesting premise but most of the reviews I've read say the execution sucks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Skyfall" (2012)

The James Bond series celebrates its 50th anniversary in grand, epic style!

After a near death experience on a botched mission in Istanbul, James Bond returns to active duty to battle a cyberterrorist (Javier Bardem) who's targeting M.I.6 and Bond's boss lady "M" (Judi Dench). The mission takes him to Shanghai and even to the old Bond family homestead in Scotland.

Daniel Craig has finally settled into the 007 role and made it his own.

It's about time!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Great flick! You actually believe that Bond has not 100% recovered from his injuries - nice change as opposed to the "Ouch, my shoulder hurts" from The World Is Not Enough
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:07 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 612ARAJREQL._SY300_

Godzilla vs Mothra: Battle For Earth

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Man of Steel- Very cool flick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next