Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
John Dies At The End (I've lost count how many times now)

I watched that one last night. I really enjoyed it, but it left me a little mind-f**ked. I'll have to watch it a few more times at least.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Wurthless wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
John Dies At The End (I've lost count how many times now)

I watched that one last night. I really enjoyed it, but it left me a little mind-f**ked. I'll have to watch it a few more times at least.
Exactly the same reaction I had! Hence the reason I've since watched it so many times.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Dodgers/Giants game
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Once Upon A Time
Big Bang Theory
Everybody Loves Raymond
Duck Dynasty
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:53 am

Finally finished Django Unchained. Good movie, but like with Inception I'm of two minds about it. While I enjoyed the nods to Leone and spaghetti westerns, I couldn't help but notice that portions of the plot arc depended on people making obviously bad choices. However, plot has never been Quentin's strong suit like his characters (and of course dialogue) are.

And I couldn't stand the rap songs.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:02 am

Ironman 3
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:22 am

S.D. wrote:
Hysteria (2011)

Very funny British film inspired by the man who invented the vibrator.

Watched this last night. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Follwed it up with 2 episodes of Behind the Music:
Motorhead
Deep Purple

Both were good, but felt rushed. It's too hard to compact both band's colorful histories into 47 minute segments.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Hysteria (2011)

Very funny British film inspired by the man who invented the vibrator.

Watched this last night. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Follwed it up with 2 episodes of Behind the Music:
Motorhead
Deep Purple

Both were good, but felt rushed. It's too hard to compact both band's colorful histories into 47 minute segments.

They ALWAYS feel rushed and too, erm, ADD for me. I prefer the Classic Album series because they're much more straight-forward, no frills.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:07 pm

I"m a huge Motorhead fan, so that one wasn't as bad. I knew most of their history already too. Still cool to see the old footage though.

As for Deep Purple, that one really felt like it just skimmed the surface. I don't know allot about them or their albums. They need a more thorough re-telling of their history.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I sat through their 4-hour documentary on Showtime with no problem at all. Even though Don Henley's a huge dick.

The story of Deep Purple could use that sort of treatment.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I"m a huge Motorhead fan, so that one wasn't as bad. I knew most of their history already too. Still cool to see the old footage though.

As for Deep Purple, that one really felt like it just skimmed the surface. I don't know allot about them or their albums. They need a more thorough re-telling of their history.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I sat through their 4-hour documentary on Showtime with no problem at all. Even though Don Henley's a huge dick.

The story of Deep Purple could use that sort of treatment.

I feel the same way about a lot of the "Behind the Music" episodes on bands with particularly long histories. It's impossible to take a band with 30+ years of albums, tours, drug addictions, breakups, reunions, etc., etc. and fit it all comfortably into 50 minutes of TV air time.

I'd be happier with 90 minute or two hour episodes of "BTM," especially the so-called "Remastered" shows. I always wonder how much they cut out of the "old" episodes to shoe horn in extra "Here's what happened since this show originally aired" segments.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Better yet, why can't they just go two hours? VH1C airs so much non-music shit anyway, from non-music-related movies to Married...With Children to SNL reruns, and then they throw in countless hours of repetitive video compilations (I doubt a single segment goes by that doesn't have Holy Diver). They have tons of fat they need to trim; I understand it's for budgetary reasons but I'm thinking a lot more people will tune in if they focus more on going deeper with the music.

And, yes please, I will take TMS in HD for once. And air some classic concerts for God's sake, not just reunion gigs.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Saw 'Oblivion'. Awesome movie, awesome soundtrack. I don't like comparing movies in this way, but 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' is gonna have to blow me away for me to take it over 'Oblivion' in sci-fi this year. Fantastic sets, cinematography, familiar plot points in places without being completely lame, and on an emotive level it can totally destroy you by the end.

Next night: 'Cloverfield'. I never bothered to see it until now, but the Blu-Ray was on sale for like $5 and I couldn't say no to something that began as a Gojira homage. Impressed, yet it feels too short and it might play it a bit too safe for my liking...but I'd watch this a hundred times over the slew of 'found footage' stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Saw 'Oblivion'. Awesome movie, awesome soundtrack. I don't like comparing movies in this way, but 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' is gonna have to blow me away for me to take it over 'Oblivion' in sci-fi this year. Fantastic sets, cinematography, familiar plot points in places without being completely lame, and on an emotive level it can totally destroy you by the end.

Next night: 'Cloverfield'. I never bothered to see it until now, but the Blu-Ray was on sale for like $5 and I couldn't say no to something that began as a Gojira homage. Impressed, yet it feels too short and it might play it a bit too safe for my liking...but I'd watch this a hundred times over the slew of 'found footage' stuff out there.
I've never been able to bring myself to watch Cloverfield; I HATE the "shaky-cam, this is really happening" crap.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:56 pm

manny wrote:
Ironman 3

I'm hearing a lot of good things about this one. People are saying it's better than the first one and even on par with Avengers. I plan on seeing it soon.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:00 pm

I feel petty but the Chinese catering thing (look it up real quick) has kind of prevented me from shelling out the cash, same with 'Red Dawn' but that was also because I'm 99% against remakes.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
manny wrote:
Ironman 3

I'm hearing a lot of good things about this one. People are saying it's better than the first one and even on par with Avengers. I plan on seeing it soon.

On par with IM1, much better IM2..... On par with The Avengers? No way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I feel petty but the Chinese catering thing (look it up real quick) has kind of prevented me from shelling out the cash, same with 'Red Dawn' but that was also because I'm 99% against remakes.

That is becoming more commonplace with foreign markets often bringing in double the amount that a film makes domestically.

It's the same reason that intelligent dialogue and humor has been replaced by simple statements and action sequences, because it appeals to countries where English isn't the first language.

I can't say I'm happy about it, but when films like these are costing an average of $200 million to produce it makes sense to cater to the audience that will ensure you make that money back.

This is yet one more reason why small independent films are becoming my "go to" for entertainment and I care less and less about these huge, bloated CGI spectacles. My Top 10 films of 2012 were almost all indie flicks.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm

My favorite period in Hollywood history was the bit in between the huge budget mega blockbuster movies of the 50's and 60's and the huge budget mega blockbuster films of the 80's onwards (so in other words the 70's) when the studios decided to scale things right back budget wise. It seemed to light a fire under the studios to find great scripts, fantastic younger actors and directors (who would work for less than the established names) and it was a fantastic period.

The more money gets thrown at something, the less likely they are to take a chance. Why bother taking a risk on a young writer when you can chuck out a half hearted installment in the latest hot 'franchise' or a dull re imagining of a film that has already been a hit.

Last edited by Boris2008 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Did anyone see the new Family Guy episode this weekend? Funny stuff!

Last edited by Required Fields on Tue May 07, 2013 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Two episodes of "Bates Motel" ... sh*t is gettin' real up in there. I'm bummed that there are only two more episodes left in this season.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Two episodes of "Bates Motel" ... sh*t is gettin' real up in there. I'm bummed that there are only two more episodes left in this season.

Yeah, the cable shows always have short seasons (and you usually have to wait almost just as long as the network shows for the next one).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:07 am

Hard Candy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:38 am

Leatherface wrote:
Hard Candy
I like that one.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:58 am

America's Funniest Comedians 2
Red Dwarf VII
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Hard Candy
I like that one.
Not surprised. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next