Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 12:07 am

"Smokey and the Bandit 3" (1983)

Even Burt Reynolds knew to stay far away from this who-asked-for-it second sequel to his 70s car-crash hit (he only appears in a brief cameo at the end). Instead, the focus is on Jackie Gleason's recently-retired Buford T. Justice, who is offered $250,000 to drive from Florida to Texas in 24 hours, with a new "Bandit" (Jerry Reed) dogging him the entire way. Mucho redneck humor (and lots of automotive destruction) ensues, as usual, but everybody's obviously goin' thru the motions for the paycheck. Any time Gleason's not on screen, this thing stops dead.

Oddly enough, the original version of the film supposedly had Gleason playing dual roles as both "Smokey" and the "Bandit" characters, but poor test screenings prompted massive re-shoots that resulted in Reed being shoe-horned into the movie as a replacement "Bandit" at the last minute.

This movie flopped and is considered to be one of the worst sequels of the 80s ... and it's easy to see why.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 12:51 am

I'm Reed Fish - (2006) - passable Canadian indie comedy starring Jay Baruchel & Alexis Bledel.
Upside Down - (2012) - great visuals save an otherwise disjointed and unconvincing film.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Zombie_ass_toilet_of_the_dead_ver2

If flatulence, zombies, and asian girls with no breasts are your thing, then this for you. Otherwise steer clear. But I just had to watch it due to the title.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:21 am

'Hyde Park on Hudson'

From a historical aspect, it was pretty interesting, but a little dry. But I'll pretty much watch anything with Bill Murray in it.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 pm

The Call (2013)

Effective suspense thriller, nicely paced and tautly directed. I'm a fan of director Brad Anderson (Session 9, Transsiberian, Fringe, etc) and wasn't disappointed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Doctor Who - The Time Monster

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 am

Primer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:26 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 220px-10
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Clash of the Titans (2010)

Good Lord I thought this sucked!  Way too much CGI and most of it wasn't even good CGI.  Medusa slithering around her cave chasing Perseus' men looked about as realistic as a Bugs Bunny cartoon.  Even worse, the sections between the fights and monsters were just plain boring.

The only part of the movie I liked was the gag with Bubo the owl.  When Perseus' group is scrounging for weapons before their journey they find Bubo and one guy says "What the hell is this?" and pitches it.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Good Lord I thought this sucked!  Way too much CGI and most of it wasn't even good CGI.  Medusa slithering around her cave chasing Perseus' men looked about as realistic as a Bugs Bunny cartoon.  Even worse, the sections between the fights and monsters were just plain boring.

The only part of the movie I liked was the gag with Bubo the owl.  When Perseus' group is scrounging for weapons before their journey they find Bubo and one guy says "What the hell is this?" and pitches it.

I'm really tiring of CGI, even if it is well-drawn and uber-realistic...and it never has been uber-realistic, not even in Avatar.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I'm really tiring of CGI, even if it is well-drawn and uber-realistic...and it never has been uber-realistic, not even in Avatar.

Even though it's now about a decade old, the best CGI I've ever seen is the BBC's "Walking With Dinosaurs" series.  I can still watch that series and forget I'm watching something that is basically science's best guess; it looks like a real documentary with live animal footage.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25882

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Suckerpunch
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 pm

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
Platoon
Apocalypse Now (Original Edit)

The Office, season 2.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Stargate SG1 - season 8

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:28 pm

exact33 wrote:
Stargate SG1 - season 8

I just started Season 1 of the set.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:07 am

"Ted" (2012)

8 year old John Bennett makes a Christmas wish that his new talking teddy bear will be his "best friend forever"... a quarter century later, John's all grown up but "Ted" is a foul mouthed, bong-hitting, sex crazed party animal who is messing up John's last chance at happiness with his long suffering girlfriend (Mila Kunis) in this fantasy/comedy from Seth "Family Guy" MacFarlane. It's funny as hell, it's raunchy as hell, yet it still somehow manages to have a sweet heartwarming side!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:54 am

Fringe. Finished season 2. So...yeah. That happened. Wow.

Shit just hit the fan.

Think I'm gonna stay up a bit later tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:59 am

If you think season 2 of Fringe messes with your head just wait till seasons 3 & 4. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:09 am

Dual Survival
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12624

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:24 am

exact33 wrote:
Stargate SG1 - season 8

I miss those first "2" stargate series, the last one they did was crappy.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12624

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:30 am

Caught Star Trek "Into Darkness" and "Man Of Steel" at a theater in small town Wyoming of all places. Double feature for $6.50 Shocked  popcorn and pop was an extra $3.50 10 bucks total for taking myself on a cheap date.

dug both flics well enough, used enough of things "familar" to make ya go "oh yeah" and all that.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
If you think season 2 of Fringe messes with your head just wait till seasons 3 & 4.  Razz 

Awesome. I stayed up until 4 with a few eps from the third season; I keep wondering "how the hell are they gonna get out of this one?!" Also I love how the show went from light-hearted paranormal fare to a dark and uncertain mind-F*ck with strong characterizations throughout. Most enjoyable of all is piecing it all together and thinking I have it together and BOOM things get turned on their head. Just awesome.

Highly recommending this show.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Die Hard 2: Die Harder
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:37 pm

With my sons this afternoon:

"Astro Boy" (2009)

Big budget CGI animated version of the cult Japanese cartoon, in which a scientist creates a robot duplicate of his late son that goes on to defend the city against various mechanical monsters and other evil doers. The animation's nice enough but the movie never quite finds its "tone," as it constantly goes back and forth between slapstick action comedy and emotional drama. My kids enjoyed it and I got a few chuckles from it but nothing here would merit repeated viewings.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Donner's Superman
Superman cartoons (40's)
Superman Returns

Still scratching the shit out of my head as to why people had such a problem with that last one. I'm going out on a limb here and saying it's Singer's best work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next