Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+22
Ricky
Required Fields
kmorg
akeldama
Gryphon-kl
thejokeriv
Joe
James B.
chewie
manny
SpectreFate
nevermore
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
exact33
Sutekh
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Leatherface
jstate
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Empty
PostSubject: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
American Horror Story: Asylum.  They are really pushing the graphic boundaries with this series, I'm amazed at some of the stuff they get away with on this show.  

The second season has proved so popular that Season 3 has already been ordered.

A very good show but very weird this season.I'm not sure where they're going with all that's going on (alien abduction,serial killer,nazi war criminal,etc.).

I'm glad their bringing it back for a third season though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
American Horror Story: Asylum. They are really pushing the graphic boundaries with this series, I'm amazed at some of the stuff they get away with on this show.

The second season has proved so popular that Season 3 has already been ordered.

A very good show but very weird this season.I'm not sure where they're going with all that's going on (alien abduction,serial killer,nazi war criminal,etc.).

I'm glad their bringing it back for a third season though.

I think they are just continuing with the "everything and the kitchen sink" mentality as the first season. Let's take every horror cliche that has ever existed and put them into the same show at the same time. It's definitely entertaining, probably even more so for the people that write the show.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Quote :

Classic Albums on VH1 Classic. The episode on British Steel

I've become a big fan of those shows. My biggest complaint is how an hour doesn't do most of those albums justice. Wish they were longer.

Haywire

I liked it. I thought Gina Carano did a good job. Her voice being altered was only distracting for the first few minutes. As much as I liked the slower paced approach and not trying to cram every scene with needless action and movement, I think Gina probably would have been better served in a quicker moving vehicle for her first time out.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 am

Vacancy
Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:40 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 51TJzBHM1UL._SX500_

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 am

Newsradio
Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Red Dwarf X
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Everybody Love Raymond

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:32 am

Sutekh wrote:
Red Dwarf X

How is it?

I watched some more Newsradio and I started watching Red Dwarf Season VII.

I'm now catching up on Big Bang Theory.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am

Arrow

Supernatiral

American Horror Story:Asylum
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 am

"Cemetery Man" (aka "Dellamorte Dellamore," 1994)

In this surreal, comedic Italian horror flick, Rupert Everett is the caretaker of a small village cemetery. A big part of his job consists of putting the dead back into their graves after they rise as zombies. As if that's not enough to keep him busy, he also falls in love with a lusty widow (Anna Falchi, in one of three roles - HOT!), has occasional chats with the Grim Reaper and wonders if killing living people would be easier than killing dead ones.

An atmospheric and utterly weird flick that honestly stopped making a lick of sense to me by around the halfway point. Had some good gore and nice gratuitous nudity but aside from that I really didn't "dig" (pun not intended) this one much at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

In this surreal, comedic Italian horror flick, Rupert Everett is the caretaker of a small village cemetery. A big part of his job consists of putting the dead back into their graves after they rise as zombies. As if that's not enough to keep him busy, he also falls in love with a lusty widow (Anna Falchi, in one of three roles - HOT!), has occasional chats with the Grim Reaper and wonders if killing living people would be easier than killing dead ones.

An atmospheric and utterly weird flick that honestly stopped making a lick of sense to me by around the halfway point. Had some good gore and nice gratuitous nudity but aside from that I really didn't "dig" (pun not intended) this one much at all.

Yeah, it makes very little sense after about the halfway mark. And the dimwitted, fat slob assistant caretaker got on my nerves in a hurry.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 am

tohostudios wrote:

Yeah, it makes very little sense after about the halfway mark. And the dimwitted, fat slob assistant caretaker got on my nerves in a hurry.

It started out weird and just kept getting weirder. After a while I just gave up.

...and yeah, the assistant guy ("GNAH!") definitely got old after a while. Though I did laugh like hell during his little romance with the decapitated girl's head. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 am

Cleared a few episodes of Mythbusters off of the old Tivo last night.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The weirdness of this film is actually why I enjoyed it, thought it was a hoot. If it was just a straight zombie horror flick I don't think it would have been very interesting, because it ended up being something completely different than I expected my respect for it increased.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Quote :
The weirdness of this film is actually why I enjoyed it, thought it was a hoot. If it was just a straight zombie horror flick I don't think it would have been very interesting, because it ended up being something completely different than I expected my respect for it increased.

I don't mind weird, but after awhile this movie went beyond weird and into the realm of "totally random."

I'll give credit where it's due, it was a very nice looking film (the director, Michele Soavi, is an associate of Dario Argento's and like Unca Dario he definitely knows how to set up artful scenes) but as a narrative, it was about a cohesive as a bag full of marbles.

I had the same problem with another movie by the same director - "The Church" (aka "Demons 3" or "La Chiesa") - it looked lovely but otherwise it was just an endless series of "WTF?" moments.

I dunno, maybe I just don't "get" Italian horror flicks. I've tried 'em again and again and barring one or two exceptions, I usually end up scratching my head like "Why the f*ck did I watch this?" when they're over. surprised

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Continuing with Red Dwarf Season VII which contains one of my favorite scenes:

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Top Gear (UK) Series 2, Episode 4

Clerks

Whose Line is it Anyway? Season 2, Episode 9

Whose Line is it Anyway? (UK) Series 1, Episode 3
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Started "Rare Exports - A Christmas Tale". So far, so good.

Redband trailer:

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
Red Dwarf X

How is it?

Surprisingly good, although they are all clearly aging! There's a freshness there that was lacking toward the end of the original run. The fact that UK TV station Dave is producing it rather than the BBC has perhaps meant that the budget is similar to the original series, rather than the big budget of other BBC s/F, like Doctor Who. So, it retains the look of the older series, which gives it a nice continuity.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Sutekh wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
Red Dwarf X

How is it?

Surprisingly good, although they are all clearly aging! There's a freshness there that was lacking toward the end of the original run. The fact that UK TV station Dave is producing it rather than the BBC has perhaps meant that the budget is similar to the original series, rather than the big budget of other BBC s/F, like Doctor Who. So, it retains the look of the older series, which gives it a nice continuity.

cool And I agree, starting with VI, it lost a lot of it's charm (though I never found any episode not worthy of multiple views). Can't wait til this new season is over and on DVD so I can see it.

I'm back to Newsradio.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Sanford & Son
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 pm

nevermore wrote:
Sanford & Son

You big dummy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 pm

"Batman: Under the Red Hood" (2010)

Intense animated "Batman" flick takes place five years after the death of Jason Todd (the second "Robin"), as a mysterious vigilante called The Red Hood is taking apart Gotham City's underworld, one murder at a time. While Batman tries to end the Hood's reign of terror and discover his identity, he learns that he should probably be careful what he wishes for.

Much grittier and more "adult" than even "Batman: The Animated Series" was (while "T.A.S." picked up where the Burton films left off, this one is definitely set in the ultra-violent Christopher Nolan-era Batman universe), with a cool "anime" look to it, this was simply a great Batman flick, period.

Holy crap, are all of these "DC Animated Universe" movies this good? I'm gonna have to check out more from this series.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 am

Cleared off 2 more episodes of Mythbusters from the Tivo and the season 2 premier of Dave's Old Porn on Showtime.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next