Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:20 pm

manny wrote:
Man of Steel- Very cool flick

Yep! Did it seem like it was rock concert volume to you in the theater? Both of my kids were covering their ears during the loudest moments (which the never do at the theater!)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
Man of Steel- Very cool flick

Yep! Did it seem like it was rock concert volume to you in the theater? Both of my kids were covering their ears during the loudest moments (which the never do at the theater!)

Yea it was very loud, too loud in some moments
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Doctor Who - The Talons of Weng-Chiang

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:04 am

"Thunderball" (1965)

Sean Connery's fourth go-round as James Bond sends him on a quest to find a stolen NATO plane with two nuclear weapons on board. The search takes him to Nassau in the Bahamas, where he learns that SPECTRE agent "Mr. Largo" plans to use the weapons to hold the world hostage.

"Thunderball" runs a bit longer than it really needs to, but thanks to the beautiful scenery, cool underwater action scenes and hot Bond babes it's still a worthy 007 entry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Warehouse 13
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 pm

CANNOT WAIT.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Godzilla vs Mothra:  Battle For The Earth

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:56 am

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 am

Warehouse 13
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 am

Pirates vs Reds
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 am

Serenity
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
Serenity

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

CANNOT WAIT.

X2!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

CANNOT WAIT.

X2!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed the first one well enough.  Good trashy fun.   But it's no Hobo With A Shotgun.  I'd be really revved for a sequel to that!

And if that's a gun brassiere they're ripping off numerous Japanese flicks. On second thought, in the Japanese movies the guns are actually in the boobs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:10 pm

But they're ripping off numerous Japanese flicks with Sofia Vergara in the getup and with Rodriguez at the helm.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
But they're ripping off numerous Japanese flicks with Sofia Vergara in the getup and with Rodriguez at the helm.

Good point.

And I found this review that agrees with me that Machete pales next to Hobo:

In its craziest fever dreams, the bloated, star-packed Machete couldn’t hope to touch the madness of Eisener’s debut feature. Hobo with a Shotgun isn’t a minute longer than it needs to be and will have you rolling with laughter if you’re sick enough to enjoy the insanity.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:35 pm

All that said, I still welcome a sequel to Machete. It's a helluva lot better than yet another comic book superhero movie or worse yet, a "remake/reboot".

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Question: what did everyone think of the Grindhouse feature? I enjoyed it to some degree but thought they did a horrible job at pure homage with all the SFX and stunt sequences that cost way more than most grindhouse flicks could afford back in the day. The trailers were better than the movies, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Do you mean the double feature thing? I love 'Planet Terror'. 'Death Proof' is Tarantino cruise control, but there's Kurt Russell.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Question: what did everyone think of the Grindhouse feature? I enjoyed it to some degree but thought they did a horrible job at pure homage with all the SFX and stunt sequences that cost way more than most grindhouse flicks could afford back in the day. The trailers were better than the movies, IMO.

I love Planet Terror (the film which finally knocked Dead Alive out of my "goriest movie ever seen" category) but I thought the Death Proof film was boring.

Is either one a true homage to the 70s grindhouse flicks? The answer is no if you're going to use how much was spent on these films vs the original grindhouse films as part of your algorithm. But in spirit I think both of the Grindhouse films are decent homages to the genre.

But I still prefer Hobo With A Shotgun to either one just for the sheer "Geez, I need to take a shower after watching that" factor.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Hobo was true exploitation. Hells yeah.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:03 pm

I loved the "Planet Terror" half of "Grindhouse"... Rose McGowan NEVER looked hotter than she did in that movie; even though her character only had one leg... I'd wear the tread off that stump... Very Happy

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Tumblr_mf5ktdu8AD1qz9qooo1_500

"Death Proof" took a while to get going but the last 30 minutes or so was some of the most badass stunt driving ever put to celluloid.

"Hobo With A Shotgun" was so over the top it was ridiculous. Toho is dead on when he sez you feel like you need to take a shower after that one. If Troma Films had made "Death Wish 3," it probably would have looked something like "Hobo."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 am

Pirates vs Reds
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Ultraviolet
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Into the Wild
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next