Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most overrated bands!

Go down 
+29
metalmaniac122
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
XYZ
DeathCult
powermacho
romeolimagolf
iamrockerfun
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
AchrisK
spiritoradio
Jedilink
KissinMaiden
Shiney
SAHB Healer
brontotex
Troublezone
Waylon
ultmetal
TH Joe
mc666
scottmitchell74
Lurideath
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
Required Fields
sovdat
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:51 pm

If we are strictly talking about hard rock or metal, from what I've heard there is two that stand out for me who are...AC/DC and Motorhead.

Well I have only heard one album from each and maybe I'd change my mind if I heard others. I even got High Voltage, which I must listen to to see if it is any better than Back in Black.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:57 pm

greyninjax wrote:
If we are strictly talking about hard rock or metal, from what I've heard there is two that stand out for me who are...AC/DC and Motorhead.

Well I have only heard one album from each and maybe I'd change my mind if I heard others. I even got High Voltage, which I must listen to to see if it is any better than Back in Black.
Stop.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:20 pm

no list of overrated bands is complete without THE single most overrated band in the history of heavy metal - Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:43 am

Motorhead is not overrated. These bands are very overrated
ANTHRAX,METALLICA,PANTERA,SLAYER,IRONMAIDEN,KISS,LED ZEPPELIN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:00 am

Powermacho, I need your last name.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:28 am

Pantera and Metallica definately. I'd also have to add Aerosmith.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:40 am

Tool. It seems like everyone and their mom likes this band.

Although I must say, Danny Carey isn't overrated. He's really good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 am

xyz wrote:
Tool. It seems like everyone and their mom likes this band.

Although I must say, Danny Carey isn't overrated. He's really good.

My mom hates these guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

My mom hates these guys.

Just to clear that statement up. Your mom loves tool, just not the band, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:04 pm

I hate statements like overrated. Stick with, I don't like them like everyone else. You may not love Metallica but they put thrash on the map, and how can you seriously say Iron Maiden is overrated?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

My mom hates these guys.

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

My mom hates these guys.

That is correct. Mom doesn't like the band. She's never been too specific about the other tool, although dad seems happy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:27 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I hate statements like overrated. Stick with, I don't like them like everyone else. You may not love Metallica but they put thrash on the map, and how can you seriously say Iron Maiden is overrated?

I have a hard time labeling some of the bands listed here as overrated as well. I think timing has allot to do with it. While some bands may not seem relevant or important now, at the time of their debut or at the heights of their careers, they certainly did something that left an impact on the music world. There are allot of bands on this list that are originators of a certain sound/style/look that has been cloned. It's hard to say "Band X" is overrated when they spawned a whole generation of imitators.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Really it's all about, Band X is big and everyone loves them. But little Johnny doesn't get it, he's played those rekkids and he doesn't like them. He feels his missing out but he hides his insecurities by saying their "Overrated" so to make him feel comfortable that he isn't missing out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:23 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Really it's all about, Band X is big and everyone loves them. But little Johnny doesn't get it, he's played those rekkids and he doesn't like them. He feels his missing out but he hides his insecurities by saying their "Overrated" so to make him feel comfortable that he isn't missing out.

Overrated to me is more like a band that comes out with a surprisingly influential, however average album, believes the hype placed on them in the media, decides to become pretentious before their time, releases a 2 disc set, implodes internally, breaks up, MTV declares them rock gods despite lack of material, eccentric singer goes into hiding, decides to promise a new album of the influential band but decides to dangle the carrot in front of the public to heighten their hype, only to produce an album that no one will ever care about.
Also if you have the balls, shoot yourself with a shotgun while you are still at the height of popularity, or be murdered in a small club in Ohio. Forever you could be an overrated rock god!
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:48 pm

Two words: Black Sabbath
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:49 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:

And now you die.......

For me when I think of overrated I think of Dragon Force and Dream Evil.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:54 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:
angry

BLACK SABBATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you didnot just say BLACK SABBATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it is overrated to influence and help create singal genre of music, it must be overrated to influence almost every band that has been labeled heavy metal.

I can't believe this guy said BLACK SABBATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:58 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:
The most overrated bands! - Page 4 627712
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Black Sabbath? Oh well, he's 18 and evidently hasn't learned anything yet.

:kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:16 pm

Slipknot. That band has really fallen out of favor with me. Just doesn't do anything for me now.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Wow! 3 guys pissed off in 10 minutes that must be a record.
Black sabbath are a good band ,don't get me wrong, but I don't think that they are as good as bands like Iron maiden Judas preist and Metallica.However, I respect the influence that sabbath had.BTW I'm 15 I made a mistake when I was joining and I can't fix it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:22 pm

A mistake. Mmmhmm. What a coincidence seeing that you must be 18 to join the board.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
A mistake. Mmmhmm. What a coincidence seeing that you must be 18 to join the board.
Yeah I'm always forgeting my age, it keeps changing.

don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Bon Jovi. Def Leppard. Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most overrated bands!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next