Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most overrated bands!

Go down 
+29
metalmaniac122
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
XYZ
DeathCult
powermacho
romeolimagolf
iamrockerfun
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
AchrisK
spiritoradio
Jedilink
KissinMaiden
Shiney
SAHB Healer
brontotex
Troublezone
Waylon
ultmetal
TH Joe
mc666
scottmitchell74
Lurideath
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
Required Fields
sovdat
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

The most overrated bands! Empty
PostSubject: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 4:17 pm

Hammerfall

Stratovarius

The Haunted

just few that comes to mind right at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 4:28 pm

sovdat wrote:
Hammerfall

Stratovarius

The Haunted

just few that comes to mind right at the moment.
Agree with all 3 of those. I can't stand any of them, and yet all 3 are worshipped.

Also, Trivium are probably the worst band on earth right now, yet they are constantly being praised for "resurrecting thrash metal", which is a complete joke. Plagiarizing what Metallica did 20 years ago without adding a single new idea is not resurrectin anything. It's ripping off something else. Considering bands like Torture Squad, Violater, Toxic Holocaust and even some old bands like Destruction putting out great thrash nowadays, it is stupid to say some crappy metalcore band who have decided to rip off Metallica are bringing something that has been done well by many bands consistantly over the years.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 4:50 pm

Trivium worst band on Earth? I have not heard enough to give a full opinion, I heard one song, and don't remember it that well, but to say that they're the worst band on Earth...you need to hear Pussycat Dolls. Most overrated band, sure. WORST? You haven't heard a lot.

Most overrated band in metal...I'd say most flower metal bands. Flower metal is worshipped by so many, and it's got no aggression or balls to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 4:53 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Trivium worst band on Earth? I have not heard enough to give a full opinion, I heard one song, and don't remember it that well, but to say that they're the worst band on Earth...you need to hear Pussycat Dolls. Most overrated band, sure. WORST? You haven't heard a lot.

Most overrated band in metal...I'd say most flower metal bands. Flower metal is worshipped by so many, and it's got no aggression or balls to it.
Maybe I should have specified that they are the worst "metal band ever" sorry for the confusion.

And yes, flower metal = sick
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Mortician are the worst metal band ever, probably.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 5:02 pm

Required Fields wrote:
You ever listened to Iced Earth? Razz

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 5:19 pm

TheHellion wrote:
Also, Trivium are probably the worst band on earth right now, yet they are constantly being praised for "resurrecting thrash metal", which is a complete joke. Plagiarizing what Metallica did 20 years ago without adding a single new idea is not resurrectin anything. It's ripping off something else. Considering bands like Torture Squad, Violater, Toxic Holocaust and even some old bands like Destruction putting out great thrash nowadays, it is stupid to say some crappy metalcore band who have decided to rip off Metallica are bringing something that has been done well by many bands consistantly over the years.
The whole Trivium argument is stupid. You act as if Toxic Holocaust isn't doing something that was done 20 years ago! I'm sorry to say but nothing on The Crusade comes off as original, but it sure as hell doesn't even approach being deserving of the hate people shell out toward them. I didn't like Ember To Inferno or Ascendancy because of the screaming, but The Crusade kicks ass. Musically, Trivium have NEVER been a metalcore band. Pay attention.

Haters be damned. Worst band on the planet? Please. It's music. Who cares if the little turds that shop at Hot Topic like it? And 99% of the bands out there are NOT original at all! That includes most if not all of your favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 5:46 pm

Quote :
Toxic Holocaust

It may not be musically related, but Toxic Holocaust BLATANTLY copied someone elses logo. Go look at Sarcofago's band logo, and then compare that to T.H.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 5:47 pm

The Axl Rose Cover band aka Guns N Roses. It is just Axl, nobody even has any idea who else is even in the band. Slash is gone, Izzy, gone, even Buckethead is gone. What a mess. The guys is selling out everywhere he plays. No new album. So over hyped
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 6:06 pm

Most overrated:

Arch Enemy
Hammerfall
Metallica
Megadeth
Iced Earth
Trivium
Lacuna Coil
Opeth
Slayer
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Bloodgood

Judas Priest (Fight was Halfords' best!)

Maiden from 86-98

Believer

Slayer

Narnia - A band I want to love, but they just miss all the time.
Enter the Gate isn't bad, but it's not enough...yet

Kamelot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Pantera
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:02 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Mortician are the worst metal band ever, probably.
saw them live in NYC. they sound like a bunch of noise
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Kings X, Kiss, Led Zepplin, C.O.B., Saxon, Def Leppard, Pantera

TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Here's my list!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 2:17 am

Led Zeppelin
Kiss
Rob Zombie
New Metallica
New Anthrax
Slayer (not really Slayer, just Kerry King)
Deicide
Venom
Bathory
Darkthrone
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: re   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 3:40 am

yeah forgot Pantera in my list.

Down
BLS
Children of Bodom
Lamb of God
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 8:45 am

Tool. The single most over rated band in my opinion

Last edited by on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 8:55 am

The most overrated bands?

Any band that I don't like that everyone else seems to like! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 10:57 am

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
The Axl Rose Cover band aka Guns N Roses. It is just Axl, nobody even has any idea who else is even in the band. Slash is gone, Izzy, gone, even Buckethead is gone. What a mess. The guys is selling out everywhere he plays. No new album. So over hyped
Whilst I generally agree with this, most guitar fans know who Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is - incredible guitarist, right there.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 1:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The most overrated bands?

Any band that I don't like that everyone else seems to like! Twisted Evil

BINGO!!!! sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 3:47 pm

I hate Tool too. And yes, they are overrated. They also suck.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Metallica after Cliff died and any band Mtv thinks is metal like "My bloody valentine". Also L.O.G.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Pink Floyd
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 am

Tool, and Blind Guardian (sorry Scott).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 8:39 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Tool, and Blind Guardian (sorry Scott).

No reason to apologize. While I like them, I tend to think that Blind Guardian are overrated as well.

I can't stand TOOL. sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most overrated bands!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next