Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most overrated bands!

Go down 
+29
metalmaniac122
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
XYZ
DeathCult
powermacho
romeolimagolf
iamrockerfun
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
AchrisK
spiritoradio
Jedilink
KissinMaiden
Shiney
SAHB Healer
brontotex
Troublezone
Waylon
ultmetal
TH Joe
mc666
scottmitchell74
Lurideath
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
Required Fields
sovdat
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:32 pm

TOOL definitely....I love the "Opiate" ep...and some of "Undertow" then they started getting more and more "artsy fartsy" and overblown...now...yawn....

NICKELBACK and most of the other crap they try to pass off as metal is overhyped poop on a stick...

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:35 pm

I like Metallica, but think for the most part they are pretty overrated nowadays.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 6:08 pm

Can't believe I forgot to mention Pink Floyd....vomit inducing
nonsense!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 6:40 pm

brontotex wrote:
Pink Floyd

Bingo. I was waiting for someone to say it. I also can't stand The Beatles, but everyone else seems to love them. I personally think they are among the cream of the crop for overrated bands.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 7:46 pm

I feel the whole of human society can be boiled down to 2 camps:

BEATLES fans and ROLLING STONES fans....

I'm a STONES man, myself.

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Stones, baby.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 8:29 pm

beatles indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm

Kelly Clarkson lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Queensryche. Operation: Mindcrime did absolutely nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Percipience wrote:

One of THE best discs of ALL-TIME did NOTHING for you?surprised
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 pm

Percipience wrote:

WOW! Nice to meet another Queensryche fan that doesn't worship at the alter of Operation Mindcrime. I much, much prefer the EP, The Warning or even Rage for Order. For that matter, I like Empire & Promise Land better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 pm

I'm as surprised as you are. Don't ask me why, but I feel there is something very essential missing out of the music (exactly what, I don't know), and I also hate the sound of their drums on this particular album.

I hold The Who's Quadrophenia to be one of the best discs of all time, alongside Genesis' Selling England by the Pound and Mahavishnu Orchestra's Birds of Fire. That's just me, anyway.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Percipience wrote:
Genesis' Selling England by the Pound

Great album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Percipience wrote:

WOW! Nice to meet another Queensryche fan that doesn't worship at the alter of Operation Mindcrime. I much, much prefer the EP, The Warning or even Rage for Order. For that matter, I like Empire & Promise Land better.

I like Empire a lot more. I also got it for free, back when I delivered pizzas. Happened to deliver one to an ex-radio DJs house and his wife tipped me with money, alongside 5 boxes of free CDs. Awesome finds within.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:20 pm

Percipience wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Percipience wrote:

I like Empire a lot more. I also got it for free, back when I delivered pizzas. Happened to deliver one to an ex-radio DJs house and his wife tipped me with money, alongside 5 boxes of free CDs. Awesome finds within.

Wow! Nice tip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Haha, definitely. Among the treasure trove was an autographed disc of Yes' Fragile, Strictly Commercialby Zappa (which sparked my interest in his music), some rare promotional stuff for a Rush album, as well as Peter Gabriel's new album (I believe it's Up), and 40 Licks by The Stones. That's not even the tip of the iceburg, either!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 5:10 pm

Shiney wrote:
I feel the whole of human society can be boiled down to 2 camps:

BEATLES fans and ROLLING STONES fans....

I'm a STONES man, myself.

Neither. They're both horrible (of course I feel that way with all classic rock)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 1:00 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Can't believe I forgot to mention Pink Floyd....vomit inducing
nonsense!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
absofreakinloutley. i detest this keyboardy crap.

@ scott.. I prefer "Rage" Queensryche too.

Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 2:42 am

Hey now! Megadeth and Believer are great bands! I MUST completely agree with Slayer though. Slayer is too overrated. Led Zepplin...I'd say a bit. But they aren't a metal band. Razz And I think I can say....any band that is on Headbanger's Ball nowadays is overrated as far as the bands I've heard. Everytime I see the show on now, it's always some screamo garbage that everyone likes, but has never been good (can I say Norma Jean!?!?!?!?!? I mean come on....how bad can you suck? Oh wait, I forgot about the suckitude that is Panic at the Disco).

I'd say that emo and screamo in general is being looked at as metal (like this one guy in a class I took said that Godsmack was metal.....WHA WHA WHA!?!?!?!?!?) or hard rock when it's neither.

But yeah....Slayer.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:51 pm

pantera
new slayer
lamb of god
mastadon
most everything that came out of the 90's lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 7:23 pm

even though I am a fan of both, I would say easily Nirvana and Slipknot
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 8:32 pm

Wow there is a lot of hostility towards The Beatles, The Stones, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. I do agree that some people do get kind of sickening with their overblown worship of bands, refer to links below.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28086

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31247

These bands may be overrated in your eyes, but you can't deny the impact these bands made on the bands that you guys like. Metal bands with audible singers that have melody would not exist without the Beatles. Bands like Deep Purple, through AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and Aerosmith would not be around without The Stones. No Pink Floyd, no Voivod. With no Led Zeppelin there would be no metal at all these days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 9:09 pm

relax spirit, overrated does not mean talentless or irrelevant. just over hyped. no one has said that they had no impact on metal or any music scene. to suggest that they didn't would be ridiculous.

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 11:03 pm

Quote :

I totally agreed with this until I saw them perform it live,
theatrically, just a couple years ago. Then, I finally got it.

As far as over-rated, most power metal. Other than a few Savatage albums, they all sound pretty much identical to me.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 11:47 pm

Sepultura
Pantera
Deliverance

ack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most overrated bands!   The most overrated bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most overrated bands!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next