Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Scheepers is out.

Go down 
+5
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage

New Scheepers is out.  Empty
PostSubject: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:47 pm

The forthcoming solo album from PRIMAL FEAR singer Ralf Scheepers is in the very final stages of production. Some very special guests agreed to appear - the list includes guitarists "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (HALFORD), Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY), Sander Gommans (AFTER FOREVER) and Magnus Karlsson (PRIMAL FEAR, ALLEN/LANDE). Powerhouse American vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) is dueting with Scheepers in the track "Remission Of Sin", Swedish multi-instrumentalist Snowy Shaw (THERION, DREAM EVIL, KING DIAMOND, DIMMU BORGIR) appears on drums and PRIMAL FEAR's Mat Sinner is playing bass on the entire LP and produced the album

Samples: http://www.amazon.com/Scheepers/dp/B004GXMPIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297806339&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm

New Scheepers is out.  51khIAjezcL._SL500_AA300_

Scary.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Quote :
Powerhouse American vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) is dueting with Scheepers in the track "Remission Of Sin"

Are they gonna see who can out-Halford the other? New Scheepers is out.  778825Jeepers, Scheepers!!

I wonder how far off this album will sound compared to Primal Fear?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Crap... I was really going to pass on this one but now that Snowy Shaw is mentioned I'll have to think twice about this one. I really don't see a need for him to put out a solo album especially when you have Mat Sinner who is in your main band on your solo album. I have nothing against this guy I think he's a great vocalist but I would have prefered another PF album with these special guests.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Great vocalists without great songwriters do not a great album make.

Ripper's solo album to me is a great example.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:46 am

Scheepers is one hell of a singer.

Would have been a perfect replacement for Halford.

I don't think though that i will be interested in his solo career.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:41 am

Quote :

There were rumors that he auditioned or was in the running to replace Rob before Tim got the gig. Anyone know if that's actually true?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

There were rumors that he auditioned or was in the running to replace Rob before Tim got the gig. Anyone know if that's actually true?

Over the years just about everybody with a high pitched "metal" voice was supposedly in the running to replace Halford...

If I remember correctly, Scheepers has said in interviews that he sent a demo tape and a letter to the band when they were looking, but he never actually got an audition with them...they sent him a letter after they hired Tim thanking him for his interest.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

Scheepers was told he was a top contender for the spot but never got a face-to-face audition. He was told to wait for an audition during which he formed a JP tribute band to get ready. The only one who did audition was Owens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Sounds like a PF album to me which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 am

Do you find him to be better then ripper?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Do you find him to be better then ripper?

Both equally great singers but IMO they fit a style of metal that suits them. Ripper IMO fits into different styles where as Ralf fits nicely into the traditional metal style. Ripper jumps around with alot of bands where Ralf sticks with 1 main band "Primal Fear".

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:23 pm

I rate Ripper as more versatile but both are great.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 am

Well upon first spin you can definitely hear Mat Sinners involvement on this quite abit. This sounds more like a Sinner cd than a Primal Fear one.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:45 am

That works for me too.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
That works for me too.

Works for me as well I do love Sinner as well.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I rate Ripper as more versatile
he's definitely the better shadow boxer.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:39 am

I agree that Ripper is more versatile.

As a proof, he's done very well in all the bands he's been involved with so far.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Sounds like a PF album to me which is a good thing.

I must agree with "Guest". This could just as well be a PF album. It's very enjoyable. Scheepers is in good form and sounds energized. Got no complaints with this one.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 pm

I need to acquire this one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 8:09 am

Got my copy in the mail today. Can't wait to give this a spin on my way back home tonight. If i am lucky to stay alone at the office after hours, i will play it while working.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 6:27 am

revisiting this album today. I had forgotten how good it actually was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Scheepers is out.    New Scheepers is out.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Scheepers is out.
Page 1 of 1