Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest

Go down 
+7
MetalRob331
mc666
Troublezone
kmorg
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 am

Let's make a switch.

Say Scheepers had joined Priest and Owens would go on with Primal Fear. What would that be like? You don't have to think of the albums of that time with their vocals, nessacerily.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:19 pm

I dunno. If Ralph was singing on Jugulator (which was already written) would it sound much different? Same deal with Owens. If either guy isn't contributing any lyrics or melodys and just singing the material as it's given to them, would there be much of a difference? Both are excellent vocalists in the Halford-style so who knows how either guy would approach it.

How much does Ralph contribute to Primal Fear? I have some of their albums, but I don't read the credits.

Just speculation on my part. I don't know the answer. Just thinking/typing out loud. The boss is out today.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 pm

It would be much worse.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Interesting though. But I guess nothing would have been much different.

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Interesting though. But I guess nothing would have been much different.

Not so fast.

I think that this seemingly unimportant turn of events could cause a noticeable shift in our reality. Who knows? If something like this happened, maybe we would all be wearing our shoes on our hands instead of our feet?

Or I suppose it could effect absolutely nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:34 pm

It would be lame for both bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 pm

I'd like to see someone like Ronny Munroe sing in priest and bring a more raspy heavier twist to the mix.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Scheepers is the better singer, but even he couldn't salvage Junkulator.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 pm

I wonder how Doro would do in Priest? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:05 pm

I remember an interview with Scheepers where he denied ever auditioning for Priest...he said his manager spoke with thier management, but it never got to the audition process...then he said he was glad he never auditioned or ended up in Priest becuase he didn't like Jugulator at all...he would hate to have to sing it...

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Well i wouldn't like the switch as Jugulator is my fav Priest album
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I remember an interview with Scheepers where he denied ever auditioning for Priest...he said his manager spoke with thier management, but it never got to the audition process...then he said he was glad he never auditioned or ended up in Priest becuase he didn't like Jugulator at all...he would hate to have to sing it...

Laughing very hard

No one auditioned except Tim Owens. A select few people got phone calls from Priest's management and a couple of people met them to talk about it. The only one who showed up and sang for them was Tim. Most applicants sent in packages and got the standard "thanks but not thanks" letters and not even a phone reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Laughing very hard

No one auditioned except Tim Owens. A select few people got phone calls from Priest's management and a couple of people met them to talk about it. The only one who showed up and sang for them was Tim. Most applicants sent in packages and got the standard "thanks but not thanks" letters and not even a phone reply.

Right...but it was/is still widely rumored that Scheepers "auditioned" for Priest when in fact he did not...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:37 pm

Quote :
No one auditioned except Tim Owens.

Are you sure? What about Izzy Cole? He had that really cute girlfriend Emily?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:59 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
No one auditioned except Tim Owens.

Are you sure? What about Izzy Cole? He had that really cute girlfriend Emily?

lol!
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:29 pm

I'd like to hear Scheepers sing for Iced Earth. That'd be cool. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:13 am

TH Joe wrote:
I'd like to hear Scheepers sing for Iced Earth. That'd be cool. 🤘

I wouldn't. I love Scheepers and all but I just don't think his voice would be suited for Iced Earth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Laughing very hard

What he said! Didn't you guys see Rock Star? Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Quote :

Hey hey hey, stop stealing my bad jokes! (see 3 posts above yours)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Hey hey hey, stop stealing my bad jokes! (see 3 posts above yours)

Laughing very hard I've seen the movie 3 or 4 times, and pretty much worship Jennifer Aniston, and didn't connect the dots here..... fainting

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Imdb has another movie called Rock Star listed, released in 2004. Sounds awesome! Here's the plot summary:

ROCK STAR features Theo (of all-girl punk band Lunachicks) as Heaven Scent, an agorophobic rock star preparing for a big show at Madison Square Garden as a calvacade of transsexuals, punk rockers on motorbikes, rival musicians, and a bitchy dominatrix and her Russian muscle slave, drop by her loft. Including rockers Miss Guy (of Toilet Boys); Chloe Dzubilo and Gyda Gash (of Transsisters); Gina, Squid, and Chip (of Lunachicks); Jonny Cragg (of Spacehog); with actor Michael Cavadias ( "Wonder Boys"), James Chinlund (CK1 and CK Jeans model / Set designer) and painter Walt Paper as the spirit of Klaus Nomi. It also features hair and make-up by Clyde Haygood, and styling by Victoria Bartlett

What a Face

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:19 pm

I seen the Lunachicks in concert with Snuff and NOFX was a terrible concert but I went for the girl not the bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:26 pm

This video clip always gets me "Stand Up and Shout" Says it at the end.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Steel Dragon is great!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:13 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Steel Dragon is great!!!

Yep,One of my favorite movies of all times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest   Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ripper Owens in Primal Fear and Ralph Scheepers in Judas Priest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next