Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Empty
PostSubject: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Good, Harnell really sounds great, but it's generic.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:18 pm

I really like it, actually. Heading Out seems like it might be the weakest track, but I never like to pass total judgement on samples. Great vocal lineup, though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:24 pm

It is and maybe that's why I expected more. Or perhaps with Avantasia just out, Timo's, new Jorn, new Masterplan it's just oversaturated with melodic metal.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Got this recently, been listening to it a lot, and I think it's pretty strong. I've been unhappy with some other Melodic staples lately, so this has been pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Kind of forgot about it, have to check it out some more.

Scotty!!! How you be?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:01 pm

I be good! How about you? Hope all's well in the Pacific Northwest.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Mostly it's good. Had a flood a couple weeks ago, over three inches of rain in two hours can wreck your roads.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:40 pm

One of my fav guitar players and a killer songwriter... I'll check this out..
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Describes almost every Magnus project, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Describes almost every Magnus project, unfortunately.
What makes them generic? The guy has worked with some of the best vocalists in the business and has put out album after album of killer hook ridden songs. Melodic Metal is like modern rock. Most of the bands are gonna sound similar as it's very melodic...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Well, for example like W.E.T. has, two albums out, years apart, and both of them I think are full of fantastic songs with a lot put into them... Magnus puts out....two albums every year or something....the impact just isn't there....for me, it always sounds like a project, always feels like a project....just a project.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Well, for example like W.E.T. has, two albums out, years apart, and both of them I think are full of fantastic songs with a lot put into them... Magnus puts out....two albums every year or something....the impact just isn't there....for me, it always sounds like a project, always feels like a project....just a project.
As much as I love Soto and some W.E.T songs.. I never go back to them anymore as they grow stale so fast as the songs IMO aren't strong. Magnus has an identity on guitar and if you mix that with some stellar vocals and hooks.. Count me in haha!!!!

I still to this day listen to the Battle numerous times a week...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....   New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Magnus Karlsson solo with Harnell, Scheepers, Russell Allen....
Page 1 of 1