Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax / Belladonna

Go down 
+11
krokus
Troublezone
kmorg
Thrasher73
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
mc666
Rex
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:32 am

Rexorcist wrote:
I know he hates me despite my efforts to make him feel like a normal person. I literally cried out today at work and ran out of the room sobbing I was so insulted.

RUN!! RUN LIKE THE GIRL THAT YOU ARE!!! angry

Rexorcist wrote:
I just find it hard to believe that Shawn can't hear how monotone and forced Bush actually is as a singer, being one himself.

I never said he wasn't strained or somewhat monotone at times...but I do not believe I've ever heard him literally out of key or out of pitch. He's one of those gravelly voiced, Rod Stewart types...his vocals on 'Reign Of Fire' RULE and I like what he did in Anthrax...'Room For One More' & 'Only' are outstanding songs!

Rexorcist wrote:
I will not stoop so low as to retort with one of those bunnys like this:

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Happy-Bunny---Kiss-Me--C11749768

Good for you!! Very Happy You are so much better than I am, I can hardly stand to be on the same forum(s) as you.

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 1041833830_ndthatssad
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:37 am

what the hell!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Good for you!! Very Happy You are so much better than I am, I can hardly stand to be on the same forum(s) as you.

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 1041833830_ndthatssad

Considering your stature "standing" shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Happy-Bunny---Die-Now--C11750992
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 am

you two are starting to remind me of Trog and Candlemass:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 am

Pfft....Rex will never be as cool as me and CERTAINLY never be anywhere NEAR as cool as Trog & Candlemass...

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Hating-U-Magnet-C11751570
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:08 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Pfft....Rex will never be as cool as me and CERTAINLY never be anywhere NEAR as cool as Trog & Candlemass...

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 1276_happy%20bunny
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:33 am

Laughing very hard

Funniest thread in a long time.

I'm in agreement with most here. Belladonna rules, Bush is, well, mediocre (at least in Anthrax).

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 am

Rexorcist wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 1276_happy%20bunny

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 ListeningLarge
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:00 pm

I liked Belladonna in Anthrax. I guess you just had to be into them in the 80's to appreciate his singing and style. Bush was better in Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:05 pm

troublezone wrote:
I liked Belladonna in Anthrax. I guess you just had to be into them in the 80's to appreciate his singing and style. Bush was better in Armored Saint.

Totaly agree with you brother:metal:
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:27 pm

Laughing very hard

Best.Thread.Ever.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I never said he wasn't strained or somewhat monotone at times...but I do not believe I've ever heard him literally out of key or out of pitch. He's one of those gravelly voiced, Rod Stewart types...his vocals on 'Reign Of Fire' RULE and I like what he did in Anthrax...'Room For One More' & 'Only' are outstanding songs!

I really like his performance on all the songs you listed, it's pretty much every other one that I can't take.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:44 pm

I guess I like them both a lot, but I will always be partial to Belladonna b/c of the sentimental factor. Have yet to purchase the anthology cd to make a true compare and contrast due to the fact that I already own 9 Anthrax cd's and I have a limited collecting budget Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:44 am

Love Belladonna's vocals, Bush's not so much. I'm trying to get rid of my Greater Of Two Evils cd.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:41 am

I thought Bush was great on Symbol of Salvation and Sound of White Noise but that's about it for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:25 am

I think they're both awesome singers,just 2 different styles. I prefer the Belladonna era over the Bush though just for the fact that the Belladonna era had the better releases. I thought Sound of White Noise was excellent but after that they progressively got weaker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 12:46 am

I dont consider Bush era Anthrax to be "Anthrax". Joey is THEE MAN!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 1:06 am

Screw you ALL! Neil Turbin is THE MAN!!! 🤘

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 NeilTurbin1983byRobinKaplan

Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Hbm1151450rf0
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:58 pm

By your silence, I can only conclude that you agree. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:06 pm

Turbin would be great! I love the Turbin year(s).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Turbin would be great! I love the Turbin year(s).

I think "Turbin Year" pretty much covers it. :lol:

As for me:

John Bush = Armored Saint
Joey BellaDonna = Anthrax
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax / Belladonna
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2