Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The BEST Anthrax

Go down 
+24
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Troublezone
candlemass
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
Leatherface
Dark Horseman
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
James B.
Thrasher73
the sentinel
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Lari
Wrecked Neck
Glower
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Best Anthrax CD
1984 Fistful of Metal
The BEST Anthrax Vote_lcap11%The BEST Anthrax Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
1985 Spreading the Disease
The BEST Anthrax Vote_lcap47%The BEST Anthrax Vote_rcap
 47% [ 18 ]
1987 Among the Living
The BEST Anthrax Vote_lcap24%The BEST Anthrax Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
1988 State of Euphoria
The BEST Anthrax Vote_lcap5%The BEST Anthrax Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
1990 Persistence of Time
The BEST Anthrax Vote_lcap13%The BEST Anthrax Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Thinking - about buying - some Anthrax
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Spreading the Disease is my favorite, but Fistful of Metal is awesome also. Fistful is very different from what they became, so if you want more of what you've probably heard, you'll wanna stay away from it for now. For me though, whenever I start to get into a band, I always start from the first cd and work my way up to the newest. Can't really go wrong with any of those though TBH. First three for sure...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Quite easy for me. Spreading the disease is not only Belladonna at his best, but it's also the best collection of songs. I really dig that unique sound of thrash metal with a talented power vocalist on top.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:52 pm

I went against the dominant current and voted Fistful. Man, this album is awesome. Speedy yet highly memorable. You would want to check it out, since it is very different from what they have been doing since.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

For me though, whenever I start to get into a band, I always start from the first cd and work my way up to the newest

That is the most satisfying way to go through a band's catalogue. And the best. It's almost like you were there from the beginning, and you can hear the progress, and have a better perspective of what they have and haven't done at each point.

Of course you have to be certain you actually end up enjoying the band's music, or it's a chore to go through them all just to find out that it's not for you.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 4:04 pm

I have always run hot and cold with this band. The "Fistful" thru "Among" era is my fave (esp "Spreading"), but after that they become inconsistent as hell. "State of Euphoria" was a stiff, and "Persistence Of Time" never really grabbed me either.

Never cared for the John Bush era stuff (I prefer his work with Armored Saint), and though I liked "Worship Music" w/Joey back on the mic, I was disappointed with "For All Kings," which was meh.

At this point I think they have more albums I dislike than ones I like.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 4:36 pm

I went with Among the Living. Though I like all the albums listed!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

For me though, whenever I start to get into a band, I always start from the first cd and work my way up to the newest
Of course you have to be certain you actually end up enjoying the band's music, or it's a chore to go through them all just to find out that it's not for you.
That's why in this case I would almost start off by going with Spreading the Disease and Among the Living, then maybe go back to Fistful of Metal. Fistful is almost like a different band altogether, but the other two are more of what they sound like now. Well not even close to what they sound like now, but you know what I mean lol
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 6:44 pm

Among The Living gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Spreading for me with Among close behind.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Spreading The Disease followed by Among.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Of those in the poll, "Among the Living" is probably their "best" among fans and critics; but my "favorite" is definitely "Spreading the Disease" as I could just listen to that one over and over again. I remember playing the heck out of that one on a family trip to visit some friends back in 1988 to Washington D.C. It's been my fave ever since.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

That is the most satisfying way to go through a band's catalogue. And the best. It's almost like you were there from the beginning, and you can hear the progress, and have a better perspective of what they have and haven't done at each point.

Totally agree with my Metal brothers here. Especially if it's a band that spans a few decades like Angra, Mad Max, or Bonfire as the styles can change drastically. You might get something from 2003 that is down tuned garbage and puts you off of them, or get something from 1995 and you love it; then you find that it's not indicative of the rest of the bands albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 9:36 pm

Among the Living is my favorite. State of Euphoria is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 11:55 pm

Medusa and Gung-Ho are two awesome tracks on Spreading the Disease that I can't get enough of.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 12:59 am

I found their latest one to be a bit boring. Maybe it needs a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:25 am

Lari wrote:
Medusa and Gung-Ho are two awesome tracks on Spreading the Disease that I can't get enough of.

Medusa is one of my favorite Anthrax tunes.

Last edited by 007 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 8:51 am

From the options "Spreading The Disease"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 am

State of Euphoria
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 9:52 am

I'm surprised by the results here.

I didn't realize STD was so popular. Most folks usually mention ATL as their best album.

I totally agree with the majority here. STD has the catchiest songs and the best marriage between the music and the vocal style.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 11:54 am

I love PoT, they really branch out on it but I could've voted ATL too. My fave by them is Sound of White Noise, not really thrash but an amazing album.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:10 pm

Fistful of Metal for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:28 pm

The BEST Anthrax R-1244125-1511723539-9094.jpeg

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:31 pm

Back in the day, it would have been Among the Living, but Spreading the Disease is their Opus.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 9:53 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Among the Living is my favorite. State of Euphoria is a close second.

This, don't think I much cared for StD, though I don't remember much about it. Oh, and SoE is not even close for me, just second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

The BEST Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The BEST Anthrax
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next