Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax / Belladonna

Go down 
+11
krokus
Troublezone
kmorg
Thrasher73
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
mc666
Rex
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anthrax / Belladonna Empty
PostSubject: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:58 am

Been trying my best to sit through Anthrax's 2 CD Anthrology set, and I just can't. Save for a few songs ("Indians" & "Got The Time" being 2 of them), I just get burnt out real quick on Belladonna's vocals. Listening back to these songs, it's obvious to me that he never really fit the style of the band...too lightweight, IMO. His melody lines are sort of weak too...like he's trying too hard...I don't know.

Hearing a lot of these songs again, it surprises me that they got as big as they did...

I MUCH prefer Bush's vocals...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:23 am

NOT!!!!

Anthrax / Belladonna Notman
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:41 am

i liked them both. however, i have lost all respect for Anthrax to the point where i have trouble listening to any of their material. even great albums like Persistance of Time & Sound of White Noise have lost their magic on me. hopefully that won't last forever. Sad

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:49 am

I disagree with that entire post. But I grew up with Belladonna
being one of my heroes. The Belladonna/Bush debate has always
been pretty decisive. I fall into the catagory that Armored Saint
ruled alongside Belladonna-Anthrax. I have not heard a single
Bush-Anthrax album that has done a damn thing for me. And if you
thing Joey's vox are weak, re-listen to Medusa or Armed and Dangerous.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:51 am

I love the Belladonna stuff, but I also love the Bush stuff. However, I think Belladonna's best stuff was "Armed & Dangerous" and "Spreading the Disease." These aren't usually listed as the band's best, but they are my favorites.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:56 am

I'm in the same camp as UncleSaxon. Armored Saint was masterful, as was Anthrax with Belladonna. I just can't seem to give a flip about Anthrax with Bush.

I'm hoping we get a new Armored Saint album. I was bummed that things didn't work out with Anthrax and Belladonna the second time around.

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:23 pm

I like some songs, I just feel like overall he's not a good fit...he's not a bad singer, just a little lightweight for some of the material...

But whatever, he's not in the band anymore, right? LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Quote :
I just feel like overall he's not a good fit...he's not a bad
singer, just a little lightweight for some of the material

I have always felt the same way about Don Dokken. So I can totally see where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:52 pm

in the recent pix of him with Anthrax, he was the only one who kept that funny '80s hairdo. that was the only way i thought he didn't fit in. Laughing very hard

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:57 pm

I loved Belladonna's performance on STD.

After that the riffs got so dissonant that they must've been hard to find the right pitches on IMHO.

I think Bush is pretty awful with few exceptions. He pretty much always sings flat and with maximum strain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 1:01 pm

"Flat" as in "out of key"??? I've never heard that...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Yep. Out of key.

The rerecordings of the old songs is a good example.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 1:07 pm

Bushs vox on Stomp 442 definitely sounded strained.

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yep. Out of key.

The rerecordings of the old songs is a good example.

I'll give you strained...but flat? My ears can't be that bad... scratch
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 2:50 pm

I totally agree with ToB this time. I think he sounds strained so hard that it comes across as sounding flat whether he actually is or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Anthrax / Belladonna Misc-Dumb_(Bunny)
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Anthrax / Belladonna Misc-Dumb_(Bunny)

Laughing very hard

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:18 pm

That's great! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:33 pm

How is being insulting "great"?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:48 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
How is being insulting "great"?

I just found the cute bunny making that statement to be funny. I really laughed out loud when I saw it. I'm not sure why, but it really made me laugh. It wasn't that he used it in reply to your comment, but just the image itself. Besides, you know that Shawn was just yanking your chain. I don't think he meant any offense by it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 4:44 pm

I heard Pelata hates you Rex...

FIGHT ON THE PLAYGROUND AFTER SCHOOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 7:06 pm

I know he hates me despite my efforts to make him feel like a normal person. I literally cried out today at work and ran out of the room sobbing I was so insulted.

I just find it hard to believe that Shawn can't hear how monotone and forced Bush actually is as a singer, being one himself.

I will not stoop so low as to retort with one of those bunnys like this:

Anthrax / Belladonna Happy-Bunny---Kiss-Me--C11749768
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 7:15 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
Anthrax / Belladonna Happy-Bunny---Kiss-Me--C11749768

Laughing very hard

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:23 pm

Anthrax with Joey was the soundtrack to my high school years. So many memories, I could never bad-mouth Joey's vocals. Also, I thought that high-soarring voice helped set Anthrax apart from the others in the "Big 4". I was bummed when he left the group.

I do like the music they have since put out with Bush too though. I was skeptical at first. I knew him from Armored Saint and putting him in the Anthrax just didn't seem right. I guess I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:56 am

who cares cos spreading the disease and among the living are monstrous albums and i aint really listening to the vocals much. i still dont see how they got into the big four though. maybe you had to be there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax / Belladonna   Anthrax / Belladonna Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax / Belladonna
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next