Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fans of Belladonna here?

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
ultmetal
Required Fields
mc666
Lari
Metallic Blaze
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Any fans of Belladonna here? Empty
PostSubject: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 pm

I was listening to the first Belladonna album today. I just picked it up not long ago. Found it used for like .75c in the bargain bin.

I wasn't expecting much - after hearing some pretty negative things about his solo material.

But I gotta say - I was flat out blown away by this debut album. Incredible good.

Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm

I wasn't even aware he had a solo album.

Granted, I'm only a casual Anthrax listener. I do have Spreading the Disease and Among the Living on CD though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:32 pm

he's had 3 solo albums. the debut was the only one worth grabbing, trust me. Spells of Fear has some decent tracks but is marred by an atrocious production. seriously, & that's coming from a grindcore & black metal fan.

03 is basically a bunch of left over tracks from the first two, done by Joey & another guy. not bad, but not good either. just there.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I only heard a couple of Belladonna tracks, and that was just in a live setting. Back in May 2008, I saw Joey perform a set of Anthrax covers. He started off the show with a couple of Belladonna tracks before getting to the Anthrax songs. I met him at the show as well. Cool guy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:31 pm

mc666 wrote:
he's had 3 solo albums. the debut was the only one worth grabbing, trust me. Spells of Fear has some decent tracks but is marred by an atrocious production. seriously, & that's coming from a grindcore & black metal fan.

03 is basically a bunch of left over tracks from the first two, done by Joey & another guy. not bad, but not good either. just there.

What he said. I like the first one. The third one is a cool collector's disc. The second one is atrocious.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:56 am

I am really liking the first "S/T" album .. a lot. I'm curious about the second one. If I can find it for dirt cheap I might pick it up - just so I can hear it for myself.

Too bad he never matched the goodness of the first album again. He really has a lot of potential - and that shows on the "S/T".
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:28 am

The first Belladonna disc is very good, but not the second one!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I am really liking the first "S/T" album .. a lot. I'm curious about the second one. If I can find it for dirt cheap I might pick it up - just so I can hear it for myself.

Too bad he never matched the goodness of the first album again. He really has a lot of potential - and that shows on the "S/T".

You can get Spells of Fear for one penny on Amazon.com.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am

I had his first disc at one point, but for reasons I can't remember now, I got rid of it. Sorta wish I had it back again though. Never heard the other releases, but I've heard/read some pretty bad reviews of the 2nd one.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Spells of Fear was a waste of three dollars.... it's not even worth a penny on amazon. If you do have one, make sure you put it to use as a coaster.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Spells of Fear was a waste of three dollars.... it's not even worth a penny on amazon. If you do have one, make sure you put it to use as a coaster.

Ouch!!!! Wow this album must really be a turd if it is not even worth a penny!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm with the other folks who liked the first disc and hated Spells Of Fear. Haven't heard his 3rd release.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Ouch!!!! Wow this album must really be a turd if it is not even worth a penny!

Trust me, it's terrible. If i'm not mistaken, Belladonna himself tried to record and produce it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:01 pm

LOL usually there is at least one person here who likes something that others don't. It appears that there is not even one of you who like "Spells of Fear". I guess I'll pass on it for now (even for a penny LOL).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:03 pm

SPELLS OF FEAR is one of those albums that got universally awful reviews when it was released, and its reputation has not grown one iota in the years since.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SPELLS OF FEAR is one of those albums that got universally awful reviews when it was released, and its reputation has not grown one iota in the years since.

Spells of Fear makes St. Anger look like a world class masterpiece.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 am

Troublezone wrote:
Any fans of Belladonna here? 911681 Any fans of Belladonna here? 320592 Any fans of Belladonna here? 201269
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 am

Belladonna should send $5 dollars to every fan that bought this piece of poo. One penny for the worth of the record and $4.99 for damages. To think a poor tree was cut down for this things artwork. Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

Wow, even after all this time, noone has any good reviews of that disc? I thought that maybe Ult would have something nice to say about it, but I guess it's really that bad.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow, even after all this time, noone has any good reviews of that disc? I thought that maybe Ult would have something nice to say about it, but I guess it's really that bad.

This is one of the few records that ult flatout can't find one good thing about. I'm not sure even Belladonna diehards can truthfully appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Belladonna here?   Any fans of Belladonna here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Belladonna here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: