Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most popular form of metal among females?

Go down 
+18
James B.
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
EvyMetal
jstate
sam
7thSecond
Metal Misfit
kmorg
ultmetal
KissinMaiden
MetalGuy71
mc666
AchrisK
sovdat
Wargod
romeolimagolf
Required Fields
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:21 pm

I know a lot of chicks around here that like BLACK METAL the most. I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:35 am

Gold closely followed by silver. Sometimes the trailer trash types are into aluminum for some reason.

Seriously, back in the day the cool girls liked Glam and Goth; but the girls who would actually hang out with me liked some of the heavier Pomp or AOR acts at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I was just browsing the forums, came upon this and was rather irked. I'm a girl. I like thrash: and not just the big 4, either. I LOVE Heathen, Toxik, Sepultura (BENEATH THE REMAINS, NOT Chaos A.D. That album is *explative*), Kreator, etc. I don't really like Black metal, and the only Glam song I like is "Live Wire" by Motley Crue. I also like power metal, prog, and some death metal and my favorite metal bands are Anthrax, Toxik, Fates Warning, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Blind Guardian, Black Sabbath (w/Dio), and Candlemass. (And I'm discovering new stuff everyday... ) None of that gothic and glam *explative* thank you very much.

....I suppose this thread was for girls in general, so that is unfortunately the case that most of them aren't really metalheads. But ya know... I just had to go off on a thing anyway. insane
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:58 pm

My girlfriend likes Godsmack, Scorpions and Led Zepplin. I turned her on to some favorites of mine as well like... Flotsam, Crowbar, Down and Overkill 🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:18 pm

we used to have a joke we'd always say to folks and it was always great for a laugh. "Your Grandma was a roadie for Slayer"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:36 pm

All the chicks I have ever dated were rock fans (Journey, Styx, Vanhalen, ZZTop, Bad Co., Zeppellin, etc.) not actual heavy metal fans. One girl I work with (she is 20) likes power metal stuff (Blind Gaurdian, Savatage, Stratovarius, Helloween) because her father listened to it since she was a little girl. Other than that, I don't really know any metal chicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Meep-don't be irked. People were just pointing out they don't know any gals into thrash or death or whatever. From experience, when I've gone to shows like that its been about 75% male and the girls seemed to be with their boyfriend. If your into those styles that's awesome.

And Chaos A.D. is a decent album. very happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28459

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 12:51 am

It's not really THAT bad of an album, actually, IMO. It does have some good moments. It's just not really "thrash" like the previous albums were. It's a well done album for what it is (groove/half-thrash/post-thrash), I just prefer their previous albums.

It's better than what followed, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:07 am

meep17 wrote:
I'm a girl.

Oh-ho-ho. Hear that guys? A girl. AND she's 17. Right up my alley. lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 am

Required Fields wrote:
It's not really THAT bad of an album, actually, IMO. It does have some good moments. It's just not really "thrash" like the previous albums were. It's a well done album for what it is (groove/half-thrash/post-thrash), I just prefer their previous albums.

It's better than what followed, though.

Amen to that. Chaos A.D. was my first introduction to Sepultura so it has a special place in my heart but I can definatly see why people prefer the previous albums (Arise is my favortie of the three). Roots was quite a let down for me after I got so into the others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:43 pm

My girlfriend loves stuff like MEGADETH, SAVATAGE, RAGE, ICED EARTH, ANGEL DUST, DREAM THEATER, METALLICA, BLACK SABBATH/OZZY OSBOURNE, DOKKEN, VICTORY, BONFIRE and a long etc.....and not since she started going out with my more then 10 years ago, but since she is 14 or 15 and thats cool.
Ohh, she doesnt like gothic or soft stuff like POISON, PRETTY BOY FLOYD or WARRANT/WINGER but she likes heavier glam/sleazy metal like early MOTLEY CRUE, RATT, LA GUNS, DIRTY LOOKS etc....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Quote :
My girlfriend loves stuff like MEGADETH, SAVATAGE, RAGE, ICED EARTH, ANGEL DUST, DREAM THEATER, METALLICA, BLACK SABBATH/OZZY OSBOURNE, DOKKEN, VICTORY, BONFIRE and a long etc.....and not since she started going out with my more then 10 years ago, but since she is 14 or 15 and thats cool.
Ohh, she doesnt like gothic or soft stuff like POISON, PRETTY BOY FLOYD or WARRANT/WINGER but she likes heavier glam/sleazy metal like early MOTLEY CRUE, RATT, LA GUNS, DIRTY LOOKS etc....

THEN WHY IS SHE STILL YOUR GIRLFRIEND???? Get on ring on her finger! (Or whatever you do in your country when married?!?)

Of course, the instant you marry she'll be listening to Celine Dion and Michael Bolton.

Scratch that! Don't marry her - just a girlfriend is just fine!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:55 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

THEN WHY IS SHE STILL YOUR GIRLFRIEND???? Get on ring on her finger! (Or whatever you do in your country when married?!?)

Of course, the instant you marry she'll be listening to Celine Dion and Michael Bolton.

Scratch that! Don't marry her - just a girlfriend is just fine!

lol! , yes, maybe you are right but we dont believe in getting married. We love each other very much but we dont like to get married. We are living together and are paying for a house since 7 years but no, married is not for us. We respect each other and that is the most important thing. Thankssssssssss.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:27 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:44 am

krokus wrote:

But does she like KROKUS???!!!! Mad
(Obviously, the band; we already know she likes you.)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:14 pm

the sentinel wrote:
krokus wrote:

But does she like KROKUS???!!!! Mad
(Obviously, the band; we already know she likes you.)

To be honest she is not a big KROKUS fan Sad Smile but she like many songs from their last two albums and some others but no, she is not a big KROKUS fan(the band of course lol! ). Thanks for asking 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most popular form of metal among females?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2