Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most popular form of metal among females?

Go down 
+18
James B.
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
EvyMetal
jstate
sam
7thSecond
Metal Misfit
kmorg
ultmetal
KissinMaiden
MetalGuy71
mc666
AchrisK
sovdat
Wargod
romeolimagolf
Required Fields
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Most popular form of metal among females? Empty
PostSubject: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 4:20 pm

Well, glam metal/hair bands and nu-metal, unfortunately, would be #1 and #2 if they were really metal, although they aren't. But out of actual forms of metal, which is the most popular?

I'd say Gothenburg, and power metal (Blind Guardian and Dragonforce are very popular with the female metal fans I've come across). Prog metal appears to be popular (Dream Theater, Queensrÿche, etc.) as well. Also, the so called "goth metal" bands (Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir) are popular with metal chicks.

The least popular form of metal with female metal fans is thrash, by far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 5:23 pm

I would say it's Gothic Metal, followed by Prog.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 6:12 pm

To me in the music scene it is goth & power metal with progressive 3rd!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 6:40 pm

black metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 6:49 pm

Bands with pretty boys like Motorhead
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Bands with pretty boys like Motorhead

Laughing
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:06 pm

I don't know any female metal fans, but I am rather ancient, old and boring.

But in high school, they liked Ratt, Motley Crue and stuff like that.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:20 pm

I have a female friend on myspace who loves Pantera, Slipknot, Sevendust, Type O. I have not met any women recently who like metal other them her. In NJ, Hip Hop is king. Since I have a system in my car, I drive around with it up to 55, with the bass high, all metal! Horns up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:02 pm

I'm pretty sure its glam. At least, I think. Not many casual female metal fans are into thrash or death. But I enjoy almost all types of metal, but then again, I'm not a female...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:51 pm

I gotta say Glam, Sleaze & Rock Bands.

They like nothing more than soppy ballads.

Lord knows I've lamped enough women to Whitesnake & Cinderella etc....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm

Yeah... you can get a lot of chicks with ballads... heh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Does "Edible Autopsy" count as a ballad? That is how I won my wife over. I put a quarter in the jukebox, hit play, and she just fell for me, right there on the spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 11:22 pm

Around where I live, chicks don't listen to metal at all. They'll listen to anything that MTV puts out, but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 12:28 am

my wife likes stuff like Danzig, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Fear Factory, Tool, Motorhead, Motley Crue, Scorpions

she doesn't like the speedy stuff. or anything with growls.

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 2:21 am

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Does "Edible Autopsy" count as a ballad? That is how I won my wife over. I put a quarter in the jukebox, hit play, and she just fell for me, right there on the spot.

:lol!: ... I've never heard the song and I can tell you: No. But it does sound metal!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:43 am

Most girls I knew back in the day were into the glammy-stuff (Cinderella, Dokken, Heaven's Edge, Britny Fox, etc.).

I'm pretty far removed from the "metal-scene" these days, so I couldn't tell what girls are into.

Most women I talk to nowadays always go to the safe reply "I listen to a little bit of everything", which means, "I listen to whatever crap they play on the radio".
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 1:04 pm

one chick at my school listens to maiden,pantera,metallica and brujeria i think.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 1:14 pm

A girl I work with, who is in her mid 20's, like bands like Korn,
Slipknot, etc. Korn is here favorite band. However, she tells me she
also likes Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, etc.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 2:47 pm

The only thrash bands popular with the female metal audience are the Big Four anyways (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer). MAYBE the occasional one who likes Sepultura or Testament, and even then, most of them who claim to like Sepultura seem to think Chaos A.D. is Sepultura's first album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 2:53 pm

My wife likes 80's metal, like Scorpion, Wig Wam, Kiss, Bon Jovi and Europe....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:17 pm

kmorg wrote:
My wife likes 80's metal, like Scorpion, Wig Wam, Kiss, Bon Jovi and Europe....
My fiancee could fit into that category. Granted, she doesn't OWN any of these bands' albums, but I've totally turned her onto 80s metal and she really gets into a few of the bands (Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Poison, Kiss, Def Leppard) and even digs a few songs from less knowns like Gorky Park (she loves "Bang"!). She also likes Buckcherry (for "Crazy B*tch") and Sixx AM.

Other than that, she also likes some of the newer stuff like Breaking Benjamin ( sick I've heard their first album countless times thanks to her... it sucks) and what I call "coffee house rock" like Fall Out Boy, Rooney, etc., and whatever American Eagle plays in their store.

She's mostly into pop/R&B and country though.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Well, glam metal/hair bands and nu-metal, unfortunately, would be #1 and #2 if they were really metal, although they aren't.
Nothing like a 22 year old to tell us what is really metal and what isn't. And yes I love glam metal/hair bands. Not a fan of much nu-metal, but I won't say it's not metal either. Most girls I know don't like metal at all, but if they do it's usually hair bands. Not really anything wrong with that to me either, as they are definitely the best bands to make love with a woman to. Oh yeah, nevermind, you're only 22. lol!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:16 pm

the noly girl i know that listens to any metal is my keyboardest's girlfriend and she only listens to cradle of filth and dimmu borgir, every other girl i know worships the hardcore bands sick angry sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:36 pm

Most of the women I know who are into metal today go for the "goth" -type acts. Though they also seem to be quite fond of the symphonic metal as well.

I don't know that I've ever personally known a female who was into thrash or didn't hate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:37 pm

My girlfriend is big on Iron Maiden, Dio, Ratt, Poison, Dokken, Cinderella, stuff like that.

She hates death metal. She doesn't like Motorhead either.

She can handle some thrash, as long as the vocals are semi-clean and the music not too redundant. I just made her a CD the other day with a bunch of early black metal, death metal, thrash and hardcore bands on it. It was kinda hit and miss, unfortunately. She dug the early black metal bands (I had Venom, Bathory, Hellhammer and Sabbat (Japan) on there) but couldn't stand any of the grind/death metal stuff I included.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most popular form of metal among females?   Most popular form of metal among females? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most popular form of metal among females?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next