Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is S The Most Popular Letter?

Go down 
+5
scottmitchell74
MoonChild
stormspell
kmorg
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Is S The Most Popular Letter? Empty
PostSubject: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:16 pm

I have 1,058 releases by bands that start with the letter S. The next closest is D with 711 and M with 684.

The least is Y. I have 5 CDs that begin with Y. Hahaha. Y&Ts Contagious and Ten; YOBs The Illusion Of Motion and The Unreal Never Lived; and...um...uh...Young Black Teenagers' Dead Enz Kids Doin' Lifetime Bidz. Haha. "Twist The Cap" kicks bunghole!

Anyone else ever notice that S seems to be the letter with the most bands? Even at record stores, the S section has the most bands. Is that weird?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:27 pm

I don't know if "S" is the most popular letter, but I do know that 3 is a magic number. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:44 pm

S & M is popular

affraid

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:09 pm

I always felt that R, S, and T are the 3 most popular letters by far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:42 pm

If it is not, we can declare it to be! Is S The Most Popular Letter? Th_aagiggle

But I also have felt the same. Never researched though.

Last edited by on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:13 pm

Fascinating! I queried my Windows Media Player....would you know

S is # 1 with 30
D and M are tied with 25

Then I have T, C, P, A, B, F, I, N all somewhere between 13 and 18.

Yes, my "collection" is small Smile. Funny thing is, before I came to Ult's site and the CMR a couple years ago I thought I had a lot of cds!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Yes, I think that I have the most on S as well, however I don't even 1/2 of your S collection Smile (how much CDs do you have at all???). Judging by musik-sammler.de, the next would be A, D, M and then maybe some. Actually, as I figured out, the size of a collection is mainly ~A*10 to A*15.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 8:54 pm

My collection sits around 6,000, I'd say. That's including tapes (only demos and such), vinyl and CD.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:14 am

Slayer is all you need to remember.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28456

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 8:48 am

RSTLNE, anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:43 pm

My CD collection only sits at about 600 and S is the most popular (at least by album name not including A and The). By artist S is the most followed by T, then M then A.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is S The Most Popular Letter?   Is S The Most Popular Letter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is S The Most Popular Letter?
Page 1 of 1