Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal

Go down 
+46
Vexer6
ultmetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Gilbert
corplhicks
choosemetal
JBall_Z
kmorg
onrypt
stormspell
Required Fields
James B.
manny
SpectreFate
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
Andy
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Doomdance
DeathCult
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
chewie
Eyesore
FlyingV
Sinistar
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
nevermore
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Joe
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm really enjoying this album ( I got the pre-order download. Still waiting for the LP.) He Is is a cool tune as well as Deus in Absentia, Mummy Dust and a few others.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Check your local Best Buy. They messed up and shipped these all over the US with a price of $1.99 instead of $11.99. If they didn't catch the mistake at store level, you can get it for two beans. =)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 10:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Check your local Best Buy. They messed up and shipped these all over the US with a price of $1.99 instead of $11.99. If they didn't catch the mistake at store level, you can get it for two beans. =)

Word spread fast. It's sold out at every Best Buy in my area. I missed the boat again. F**K.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 pm

The one song that pisses me off, in a good way, is Devil Church. They need to go back and revisit that Procol Harem sounding tune and make it the great epic song it deserves to be!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Word spread fast. It's sold out at every Best Buy in my area. I missed the boat again. F**K.

I went and picked it up when I looked for the new Motorhead. It's marked $1.99 but rang up at $11.99. Sad I could have fought it but I was in a rush.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 3:24 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I went and picked it up when I looked for the new Motorhead. It's marked $1.99 but rang up at $11.99. Sad   I could have fought it but I was in a rush.

You don't need to fight it. You should have paid $1.99. That's the law.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 11:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I went and picked it up when I looked for the new Motorhead. It's marked $1.99 but rang up at $11.99. Sad   I could have fought it but I was in a rush.

You don't need to fight it. You should have paid $1.99. That's the law.

Yeah. Its a state weights and measures thing. They sell at that price or get fined (or even shut down) at least in CA. On the business side, they should have had an employee just re-tag them(would have taken like what 5-10 minutes?).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 5:04 pm

I didn't open it yet, deciding what to do. I wonder if I can take it back and get it fixed or just stop worrying about being such a cheap bastard Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 7:04 pm

chewie wrote:
The one song that pisses me off, in a good way, is Devil Church. They need to go back and revisit that Procol Harem sounding tune and make it the great epic song it deserves to be!

Agreed!

I'm hesitant to go too overboard as I've always gone overboard on Ghost and then lost interest quickly, but I'm absolutely loving this at the moment, the songs are so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Ghost has landed their first Top 10 album on Billboard, Meliora debuted at #8 with first week sales of 29,000 copies.

I was reading an interview with one of the "ghouls" and he explained some of the musical inspiration behind the band:

"We sort of came up with this mixture where we could combine basically all our favorite childhood and adolescent music styles. And we grew up listening to a lot of different music. A lot of Swedish music, and also a lot of '60s and '70s bands — AOR things like KANSAS and YES and CHICAGO and BOSTON. JOURNEY. TOTO. Professional-sounding music. And with all of that we found a way, for us at least, to make sense of having an extreme-metal riff and then throwing a pop melody over it. So that was the initial thing. After that it was, 'Oh, shit! Maybe we could turn it into a horror-rock band, and we could throw in this very childish sort of fascination of horror films! And also ALICE COOPER! And KISS!"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Tried. Just don't like this band. The music does nothing for me. The lyrics suck. The showmanship is outstanding, but the music just comes across as mediocre.

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 2:14 pm

I don't know, they sound very professional to me and I think their use of melody and true pop savvy put a lot of other modern metal bands to shame. Different strokes and all that.

If they couldn't play or write songs I would tear the imagery to shreds, but unlike a lot of other image bands these guys have actual musical skills backing up the silly horror movie schtick.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 3:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Tried. Just don't like this band. The music does nothing for me. The lyrics suck. The showmanship is outstanding, but the music just comes across as mediocre.

While I admittedly don't pay that close attention to the lyrics, they certainly seem to be more intelligent and thought-out than the usual sex, drugs, devils and demons stuff of some of their contemporaries.

While I'm still letting this new one sink in, I can say without question that I'm liking it better than their last one.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
Ghost has landed their first Top 10 album on Billboard, Meliora debuted at #8 with first week sales of 29,000 copies.  

I was reading an interview with one of the "ghouls" and he explained some of the musical inspiration behind the band:

"We sort of came up with this mixture where we could combine basically all our favorite childhood and adolescent music styles. And we grew up listening to a lot of different music. A lot of Swedish music, and also a lot of '60s and '70s bands — AOR things like KANSAS and YES and CHICAGO and BOSTON. JOURNEY. TOTO. Professional-sounding music. And with all of that we found a way, for us at least, to make sense of having an extreme-metal riff and then throwing a pop melody over it. So that was the initial thing. After that it was, 'Oh, shit! Maybe we could turn it into a horror-rock band, and we could throw in this very childish sort of fascination of horror films! And also ALICE COOPER! And KISS!"

Interesting. The instrumental, Devil Church, is pure Procol Harem.

That album is very professional sounding, that is for sure. I like it. The music isn't groundbreaking, but not much is these days.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:34 pm

I think these guys are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 11:43 pm

Found a copy at Best Buy, w/trading cards (go figure).

Overall, the songwriting has improved a great deal, and the songs are way less repetitive. Still, I wouldn't say it's better than Infestissumam.

Favorite songs thus far: Cirice, He Is, Mummy Dust, Spirit, From the Pinnacle to the Pit
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 8:14 pm

New song

I've run out of things to say about this band, they will never be my favorite band but they are extremely good at what they do. The Dave Grohl link is apt as I think that they are becoming the Foo Fighters of occult rock.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Pretty enjoyable!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
New song

I've run out of things to say about this band, they will never be my favorite band but they are extremely good at what they do. The Dave Grohl link is apt as I think that they are becoming the Foo Fighters of occult rock.

This is probably the catchiest song they have written!! Great song!!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 12:24 am

I don't know if anyone's said it in this thread, but I get a serious Blue Oyster Cult vibe from these guys. I'm gonna have to get back into them, it's been a long time since I've listened to them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 7:56 am

I like that tune. I really need to check into these guys better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 3:00 pm

I must be slipping in my old age. I didn't realize this new ep is out today (09.16.16).

I was gonna run out to Best Buy at lunch today, but I'll probably just wait till next week and get it when I pick up the new Airbourne as well.

Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Damn ! That's good ! Gets better the more I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 5:01 am

Wow! This song is badass! Bit of a departure in sound at time, but it kicks ass.

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Ghostprequellecd

Sick album art, too. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next