Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal

Go down 
+46
Vexer6
ultmetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Gilbert
corplhicks
choosemetal
JBall_Z
kmorg
onrypt
stormspell
Required Fields
James B.
manny
SpectreFate
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
Andy
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Doomdance
DeathCult
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
chewie
Eyesore
FlyingV
Sinistar
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
nevermore
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Joe
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 am

I know what Spec is getting for Christmas this year.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Looks like Ghost has some new merch.... Feel free to follow the link to see pics.....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189246

Swedish occult rockers GHOST, who are fronted by Papa Emeritus II, have begun selling dildos and butt plugs via their official webstore.

For $199.99, fans of the band will get the "Ghost Phallos Mortuus Ritual Box Set – Phallus" containing the following items:

* 1 x exclusive Papa Emeritus II dildo puppetmaster t-shirt (only available with this item)
* 1 x bible box case with gold-embossed artwork and red velvet lining.
* 1 x divorce paper scroll with customised GHOST foil emblem.
* 1 x GHOST brushed metal logo charm.
* 1 x bronze effect metal butt plug with moulded grucifix logo base.
* 1 x sculpted black silicone Papa Emeritus II dildo.

Measurements:

Box: L24cm W18cm D6cm
Logo Charm: L8cm W4cm
Butt Plug: L7cm W3cm
Dildo: L19cm W4cm

The box set starts shipping Friday, May 3.

Wow!! Some merch they put out before KISS has.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:58 pm

nevermore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Looks like Ghost has some new merch.... Feel free to follow the link to see pics.....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189246

Swedish occult rockers GHOST, who are fronted by Papa Emeritus II, have begun selling dildos and butt plugs via their official webstore.

For $199.99, fans of the band will get the "Ghost Phallos Mortuus Ritual Box Set – Phallus" containing the following items:

* 1 x exclusive Papa Emeritus II dildo puppetmaster t-shirt (only available with this item)
* 1 x bible box case with gold-embossed artwork and red velvet lining.
* 1 x divorce paper scroll with customised GHOST foil emblem.
* 1 x GHOST brushed metal logo charm.
* 1 x bronze effect metal butt plug with moulded grucifix logo base.
* 1 x sculpted black silicone Papa Emeritus II dildo.

Measurements:

Box: L24cm W18cm D6cm
Logo Charm: L8cm W4cm
Butt Plug: L7cm W3cm
Dildo: L19cm W4cm

The box set starts shipping Friday, May 3.

Wow!! Some merch they put out before KISS has.

They are just trying to beat the bootleggers at their own game. You know how many counterfit Ghost butt plugs are flooding the market right now? When you're sticking things in your holiest-of-holies, only officially licensed merchandise will do.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:48 pm

It's a trOO fan that orders the Mens XL version!! affraid

I think that the jury has now reached a verdict on whether this band takes itself entirely seriously.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Are all Infestisumam's bloody slipcases, or AMAZON f*cked up and sent me a promo? angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:34 pm

stormspell wrote:
Are all Infestisumam's bloody slipcases, or AMAZON f*cked up and sent me a promo? angry

There's a jewel case version, but, like you, I ordered my copy from Amazon and got that crappy slipcase version. Ugh. I don't know if Amazon even carries the jewel case version.

Edit:

Here's the "Deluxe" version: http://www.amazon.com/Infestissumam-Ghost-Bc/dp/B00BQ1D9IW/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1367617006&sr=1-1&keywords=ghost+infestissumam+deluxe

It's $2 more and has a booklet.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:50 pm

I've had time for it to grow on me and while it's a decent album. It's nowhere near the first record.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:18 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Here's the "Deluxe" version: http://www.amazon.com/Infestissumam-Ghost-Bc/dp/B00BQ1D9IW/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1367617006&sr=1-1&keywords=ghost+infestissumam+deluxe

It's $2 more and has a booklet.

It's also got two bonus tracks: "La Mantra Mori" and "I'm a Marionette".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:33 am

I like the album, not sure how often I will listen to it but it's solid. Kind of the same thing with the first album, I jammed it alot for a few weeks and then I didn't spin it again for about a year.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:47 am

The jury is still out on this new one for me. I liked their debut right off the bat, but his new one is a little...different. Not bad, but might take a little time before the songs sink in.

And it might sound a little weird, but now that the weather is finally consistantly nice, I want to listen to more up-beat music good for driving with the volume up and the windows down. This band is better suited for gloomy November days.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:58 pm

I think I'll like it based on the couple of tracks I heard. Waiting for payday.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:08 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]The jury is still out on this new one for me. I liked their debut right off the bat, but his new one is a little...different. Not bad, but might take a little time before the songs sink in.

And it might sound a little weird, but now that the weather is finally consistantly nice, I want to listen to more up-beat music good for driving with the volume up and the windows down. This band is better suited for gloomy November days.[/quote

I've been blasting it with the windows down in the nice weather and it fits fine. Its hot in Hell ya know haha.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:48 pm

I like it and think it is a good album, but I think the debut is better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:04 pm

The vocalist for Ghost is widely reported to be singer Tobias Forge. Here is a song from his previous band and it definitely sounds like the same guy to me even though the music is a completely different genre.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
The vocalist for Ghost is widely reported to be singer Tobias Forge. Here is a song from his previous band and it definitely sounds like the same guy to me even though the music is a completely different genre.

Sounds like the same guy to me too
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Just for fun, here's some pics of both:

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Ghost-10

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Tobias10

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Ghosts10
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks for sharing that Subvision stuff, I quite like that. Almost like indie-rock Ghost.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:18 pm

I've posted that a few times or at least once a while ago. No one ever listens to me sigh

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I've posted that a few times or at least once a while ago. No one ever listens to me sigh

You're a drummer. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Did someone say something? surprised

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:38 pm

The postman never seems to get any respect......

BTW - I listened to the track and I wouldn't be surprised if several of the other band members are also in Ghost... at least one guitarist and possible the bass player... not sure about the drummer, I'll leave that up to Wayne and James to tell us if they sound like the same drummer!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Tobias' other bands:

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:52 pm

you guys..... haha

He was also in Crashdiet for a short time as a Guitarist. I think he used the name Mary Goore or something like that.

I have a feeling that Ghost is a combination of all 3 of these bands somehow. The drummer in Ghost is left handed I believe and its possible its the same guy thats in the Magna Carter Cartel video. His drum set up is pretty similar and his mannerisms look the same.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:30 am

New covers EP on the way (also available as a second disc in a re released Infestissumam) It's mostly stuff that you will have already heard but this is new.

Also on the EP will be a cover of this!

affraid 

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Bump for some confusing news...

Quote :
Mysterious Swedish outfit Ghost are preparing to replace frontman Papa Emeritus II, claims one of the Nameless Ghouls.

And he alleges they're considering a collaboration with bearded drag act and Eurovision Song Contest winner Conchita Wurst.

The original lead character was exchanged ahead of the launch of second album Infestissumam, launched last year – although it's widely believed the same person remained under a new outfit.

Last night an unidentified band member told TeamRock at Sonisphere Finland: "There will definitely be a third; we're looking into the options right now. We're trying to work out who's the best candidate.

"Number II is a real asshole so we're looking for someone with a different approach to things. He still has to be an entertainer, but we're narrowing down the contenders."

On a more serious note, the Ghoul said some groundwork has been done on their next studio project. "We have some track title figures out, and we know the album title too, as well as thematically where we're heading.

"Expect some more obscure covers – obviously that's become part of our schtick. We've decided which ones already too."

And he joked: "Perhaps something collaborative with Conchita Wurst might be interesting. It's not like you'd notice her beard, being cloaked and all!"

So there were 2 different lead singers on their 2 albums?  scratch That's the first I've heard of that.

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next