Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal

Go down 
+46
Vexer6
ultmetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Gilbert
corplhicks
choosemetal
JBall_Z
kmorg
onrypt
stormspell
Required Fields
James B.
manny
SpectreFate
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
Andy
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Doomdance
DeathCult
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
chewie
Eyesore
FlyingV
Sinistar
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
nevermore
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Joe
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:17 pm

I like this single much better than anything from Infestissumam.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I like this single much better than anything from Infestissumam.

It does sound better than the songs on the last album..... I'll spotify the album when it is released to see if it's worth picking up
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Have you guys heard the singer's previous band, Subvision? They're similar. More indie-sounding, but there are Ghost vibes all over their albums, even the more sleaze rock-y demo.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:55 pm

yep great album

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:53 am

Funny/slightly creepy video for the first single...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:55 am

Cool album cover too...
Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Ghostmelioracd

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:13 pm

You know, I'm really not that interested in the album...but...they just announced Purson will be the opening act for the US tour so I'm definitely going to the show.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:38 pm

Dude. I gotta say, that song was memorable and legit. I absolutely love it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Dude. I gotta say, that song was memorable and legit. I absolutely love it.

Legit? surprised
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Lol yeah the word just kinda sprung to mind. Part of my quasi-hip vocabulary for the day.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:18 pm

Is it 2 legit to quit?

lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 2:52 am

chewie wrote:
Is it  2 legit to quit?

lol!
Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Q4c8jj
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 7:40 am

chewie wrote:
Is it  2 legit to quit?

lol!

Damn! Beat me to it!

Well, one good turn...

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Some new tunes on Youtube

I was going to give this a miss but these songs (particularly Absolution) are really good!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 10:01 pm

yea I think they returned back to form on this new one. Again I loved the last one so I don't care what they do. One of my favorites bands.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 9:02 am

Loved "Absolution" and "Majesty", but "From the Pinnacle to the Pit" was just okay. I'm still excited about this new release.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Studio version of "From The Pinnacle To The Pit"

Funky bass intro.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 4:07 pm

I think I'm going to love this one. Problem with me and Ghost is I go mad for them for a couple of months and then hardly play the records again. Hopefully this one will hold my interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I think I'm going to love this one. Problem with me and Ghost is I go mad for them for a couple of months and then hardly play the records again. Hopefully this one will hold my interest.

I had the same problem. The debut I played almost daily for about a month...then that was basically it and I didn't play it again for 2 years. The second album I only listened to for about a week, then I was done with that one as well.

I like the sounds of the samples, but this will most likely be one of those "Spotify is good enough" type of albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 11:05 pm

This new tune is excellent. Heavier than stuff on the last album and a little different stylewise.

Anyway, if anyone needs more Ghost, Noctum has a new album coming out soon. Their debut, The Seance, was a great 70s-styled doom album. Their follow-up, while still a really solid album, sounded very similar to Ghost. The new one seems to sound even closer to Ghost!

From this...

To this...

And now this...

Anyway, great band either way.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:58 am

Another new track has been released.  

Here's "Majesty:"

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 6:32 pm

I like that one. It has a Deep purple sound to it (specifically the intro).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 10:17 am

This will be on sale Friday at Best Buy for $9.99 featuring 2 exclusive live tracks and trading cards for those interested.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 9:43 am

So who has heard the album? I decided to go to best buy yesterday even though I have this preordered from Bengans and a box set as well. I wanted those live tracks. To my surprise someone messed up and put a $1.99 sticker on all of the cds so I scored a good deal. haha! Apparently it wasn't just my store either cause I saw on facebook other people saying their store had the same issues, but some stores wouldn't honor it.

Anyway the cd is really good. Huge step up from the last album which I really liked anyway, but this one is heavier a little similar to the first one. Kind of a mix though, like they took what was great on Opus and what was great on Infesstissumum and made it work on the new album. Favorite song, He Is, great ballad. I cannot understand the hate that this band gets. They have great melodies.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 10:01 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
So who has heard the album? 

Anyway the cd is really good. Huge step up from the last album which I really liked anyway, but this one is heavier a little similar to the first one. Kind of a mix though, like they took what was great on Opus and what was great on Infesstissumum and made it work on the new album. Favorite song, He Is, great ballad. I cannot understand the hate that this band gets. They have great melodies.

I think I agree with this 100%

He Is really is a standout track

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next