Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought this CD for $1...

Go down 
+48
Icy Grave
brokentulsa
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
Lari
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Infinite
thrashidolatry
Boris2008
Gryphon-kl
SwordsChains
Barbecuetioner
ZombieHavoc
Shiney
Hadley
novellahub
mikeinfla
jettafiend
James B.
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
martinsane
dirtracin1
CHONGeYeD
adrian
Nico
Sutekh
exact33
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
DallasBlack
kmorg
Thrasher73
Gilbert
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
Alex Dee Rokket
jstate
nevermore
manny
chewie
Fat Freddy
Joe
Shawn Of Fire
52 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

I bought this CD for $1... Empty
PostSubject: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 am

Get any mega-scores for mega-cheap??

I paid $1 for this CD in late 2009, I think...from a guy online...it's in perfect shape too:

http://www.amazon.com/Superfantastic-Mr-Big/dp/B000021YD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294241287&sr=1-1

Got any stories like this?
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:54 am

About two months ago, I found Sanctuary's INTO THE MIRROR BLACK for $3.95. Perfect condition.

A couple years ago, I got Death Angel's THE ULTRA-VIOLENCE for $12.
I just recently saw it again in the summertime. I hadn't realized that it ballooned in price that much. Had I known, I would have picked it up. They were only asking like $15 for it. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 am

I found LOFCAUDIO by Mastedon at a thrift store for a buck about a year ago. The booklet has some water damage but the disc plays fine. In mint condition that thing goes for stooooopid $$ but since this one is a lil' banged up I treat it as a conversation piece/curiosity item more than anything else.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:26 am

I found The Power Of Suggestion by Giraffe for $2.99 at The Beat back in 1997 or 98 in perfect condition. This cd was released in 1987 had only a run of 1000 and I think is still worth a lot.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALICE-COOPER-18-FIGURE-MISB-WELCOM-MY-NIGHTMARE-/280604333289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41555254e9

I bought this and several other rock star action figures cheap when Spenser's were getting rid of them, I think for the giant Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie and Ozzy (Blizzard of Oz) I payed $ 5 for each of them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:32 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/MCFARLANE-KISS-LOVE-GUN-BOXED-SET-RARE-BNEW-NMINT-BOX-/170579189300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b74fde34

I also have this that my wife bought for me one Christmas for like $7
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 am

[quote="manny"]http://cgi.ebay.com/MCFARLANE-KISS-LOVE-GUN-BOXED-SET-RARE-BNEW-NMINT-BOX-/170579189300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b74fde34

Manny, that was a steal!!!

I found Barren Cross State Of Control in a pawn shop for $4. I'd been searching around on ebay and the only copies I could find at that time were going for $20 or more. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a copy for $4. (This was before the BC stuff was re-issued)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Before I gave up the habit, I would travel around the world scoring deals. So, way too many to even comprehend. I can tell you that I know exactly where every pawn shop within 500 miles of me is located!

A few that come to mind right away that I sold for gigantic dough were:

Bellicose - Love on Ice
Tigertailz - You Lookin At Me?
Logan - ? [can't remember the title]
Kublai Khan - Annihilation [$6! I won't soon forget that day!]
a bunch of Roadrunner Slimlines [still got those if anyone is interested!], multiple copies of NA - Survive, Childs Play, Chyld, all the Slave Raider/Chainsaw/UKI/Strange Sects stuff, alot of Minneapolis gems like Brass Kitten, Gemini, Mary's Rest, Avalanche, etc.

Not a bad way to pay off your house!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:01 pm

At my local Hastings I found Angel Witch's Sinister History and a Winters Bane disc for a quarter each in a buy four-for-a-buck sale.

I also found Coroner - s/t for three bucks. And then spent the rest of the time hoping a copy of Grin might be in there too.

Hastings.com also sold me Lion's Trouble In Angel City for 1.25 shipped.

The other day from secondspin.com I bought (and got confirmation it shipped) Tad's 8 Way Santa for 4.00. A bit below market value.

Gotta love places that don't know what they have. And the funny part is all of the above will have fairly common discs that they've jacked way up as if they are rarities. Guess they gotta try and make up for the true rarities they give away.

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:17 pm

"I'llll buuuy that a dooolllaarrr!"

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Just thought of another great deal I made years ago: I picked up Princess Pang's one and only CD at a used store for 49 cents (!) during the late 90s.

I bought this CD for $1... 61gTOSgM%2B1L._SL500_AA300_

Not only is it a great disc, but as you can see, it goes for some stupid $$ nowadays too:

http://www.amazon.com/Any-Way-Want-Princess-Pang/dp/B00008EUMX/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_1

Dunno why Amazon seems to think the album is titled "Any Way You Want It," by the way...it's self titled. Laughing very hard

If memory serves, I picked up a used copy of Bang Tango's PSYCHO CAFE at the same store, same day, for the same price.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:32 pm

In the past year, at separate times, I've gotten all three Badlands albums for cheap, all combined totaling less than $10.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Cool thread.

I've picked my town clean it seems, but in the past I've found;

Tyketto - Don't Come Easy ($1.99) Goodwill

Badlands - ($5.00) pawn shop

The Crucified - Pillars of Humanity ($3.00 or so) pawn shop

Mastadon- LOFCAUDIO - ($3.00) pawn shop

That's off the top of my head. There were quite a few more, mainly Christian metal bands, that I scored for cheap.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:37 pm

A majority of my CD's til the last four years came from Pawnshops for like $2 a piece, but the Pawnshops in my area for the most part no longer take CD's any longer, so I no longer frequent pawn shops to buy CD's but found a number of great albums dirt cheap for years and would go a few times a month.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Got Venom- The Waste Lands for $5.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 pm

I found:
Loudness - The Birthday Eve
Loudness - Devil Soldier
Loudness - The Law Of Devil's Land

at a used book store for $2 each
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 pm

one of the best scores that comes to mind with me is

Overkill - Fast Junkie (CD Single) for €0.99c

ohh and I also picked up 4 Protector CDs (all original) for €3.99 each last year in a second hand store.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Dang, that Princess Pang has gone way up since I was watching it earlier this year. I got lucky and found a copy at Amoeba in LA for 12.00. Great, great record.

Another killer score was Johnny Crash - Neighborhood Threat at Goodwill for 2.00.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Got Venom- The Waste Lands for $5.

Cool. The venom albums around here are sold for not less then 30 $
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 am

I snagged Sanctuarys Refuge Denied for $9.

The best deal I ever scored was getting Powermad Absolute Power on Lala back when it was a good trading site.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:54 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

The best deal I ever scored was getting Powermad Absolute Power on Lala back when it was a good trading site.

I originally bought it for 10 Nkr brand new. That is about 1,3$.... Sold it for 20 times that amount... regrettet it and bought a used copy for pretty much the same amount I sold mine for.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Albums I've gotten cheap are many due to my scouraging cheap CDs at Half-Price Books and my favorite used CD store. One day if I have the money and the time, I want' to travel to all the Half-Price Books in the DFW area and gobble up all the bargains.

Some cheap CDs that I really love:

Flame-s/t (around $1 online and $5 when I got it about 14 years ago-P.S. if you love melodic hard rock in the vein of Tesla get this album, I don't think it'll dissapoint)
Bruce Dickinson-Shoot All The Clowns [single] Pt. 1 (too bad Pt. 2 wasn't there)
Seven Nations-Old Ground (for $2, but it's worth a LOT more)

In a buy 1 @ $5, get one free:

Armageddon-Three (worth a lot more at the time, not sure after the re-issue)
Fear Of God-Within The Veil (also worth a lot more)

There are lot of albums I got cheap but those are some of my best finds.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 am

I have scored too many to name, I am a pawn shop/thrift store addict and I have found tons of incredible music for a buck or 2 over the years....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 am

I need to try this whole Thrift Store thing...I've never thought about going there for CDs...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I need to try this whole Thrift Store thing...I've never thought about going there for CDs...

I didn't either until I started coming here and someone else mentioned it. While I've found a few gems for a buck or 2, I haven't found any real rarities. Some good collection fillers and a few that found new owners on ebay for profit.

I still check the local Goodwill stores when I'm dropping off clothes and stuff, but I haven't found anything worthwhile in some time now. I think I've picked the Philly area clean. I gotta start venturing out into the 'burbs, but even then, I think the used market is drying up around here. In 2011, anyone that ditched their physical music collection and went digital have done so by now. Anyone still buying cd's is either holding onto them or selling on-line. Noone is donating them to thrift shops anymore.

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought this CD for $1...
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next