Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought this CD for $1...

Go down 
+48
Icy Grave
brokentulsa
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
Lari
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Infinite
thrashidolatry
Boris2008
Gryphon-kl
SwordsChains
Barbecuetioner
ZombieHavoc
Shiney
Hadley
novellahub
mikeinfla
jettafiend
James B.
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
martinsane
dirtracin1
CHONGeYeD
adrian
Nico
Sutekh
exact33
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
DallasBlack
kmorg
Thrasher73
Gilbert
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
Alex Dee Rokket
jstate
nevermore
manny
chewie
Fat Freddy
Joe
Shawn Of Fire
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 pm

jstate wrote:
Crazy thing is the Hastiings bin is hidden away near the kids board games. You couldn't get it any further from the actual music section. Unless you know where to look you'd never come across it. No idea why they do that.

While they've always had a used section, this "clerance bin" section at my FYE is a fairly recent move. I guess they're just trying to move merch. 99% of the stuff in there is garbage. Mostly rap, comp or holiday albums.

Everything in there was priced $4.88 or less. The sign said "All cds ending with .88 are 2 for $3". The 2 I grabbed were maked $.88 each. Before he rang them up, I asked the guy, "These are still .88 cents each, right?"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:01 pm

My local FYE's ending with .88 section is pretty useless. And they seem to have had the same inventory for the last year. Doesn't seem like they've sold any of it.

From St. Vincent DePaul for 3.50 total

Van Halen - 5150 (brand new/sealed to replace my skipping disc)
Bruce Hornsby & The Range - The Way It Is
Heart - Bad Animals
Billy Ocean - Tear Down The Walls
George Michael - Faith

and a

Metallica 2009 Show Your Scars Tour shirt
Van Halen 2008 Tour Shirt
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 am

My local library's book sale has some used CDs for $1 each. Most of them seem to have been around for at least the last couple of years (when they were failing to sell at $0.25 each), but I did manage to get Gorillaz: Demon Days out of it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:24 am

I snagged a whole Kansas and Journey collection at a library book sale one time. Probably 60% of my vinyl collection was found at a library - three massive crates for all of five bucks.

Finally got around to BuybacksVegas and they had a pretty decent dollar bin

The Gathering - Downfall The Early Years 2 disc
Ancient - Det Clemte Riket
Petra - Back To The Street
King Karma - s/t
Royal Tramps - Dangerous And Extremely Unhealthy
Broken Teeth - Guilty Pleasure
DBC - Universe (already have it but why not for a buck and potential trade fodder)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 am

jstate wrote:
I snagged a whole Kansas and Journey collection at a library book sale one time. Probably 60% of my vinyl collection was found at a library - three massive crates for all of five bucks.

Both spectrums of the afterlife huh?
lol!

Kind of like one time where I bought Mercyful Fate-Don't Break The Oath and Petra-This Means War at the same used CD store (though Ancient wasn't near as "evil" in lyric approach as King and the gang).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:10 pm

jstate wrote:

The Gathering - Downfall The Early Years 2 disc
King Karma - s/t
Royal Tramps - Dangerous And Extremely Unhealthy
Broken Teeth - Guilty Pleasure
DBC - Universe (already have it but why not for a buck and potential trade fodder)

that Petra is excellent!!

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 am

Quote :
Both spectrums of the afterlife huh?

I made the quip to the clerk when she asked what type of music was on each "that you can't have Heaven without the hell". Then had to give a detailed explanation to her. I think she seemed more taken back by somebody buying metal than the irony of the choices.

Reminds me of the time I bought Sarcofago's Laws of Scourge (with probably the most blasphemous song in my collection "The Black Vomit") and Guardian's Fire and Love at the same time.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Phil Collins - Both Sides
Metallica - S&M

$1 each from goodwill.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 am

Sometime, I will see what my local Goodwill has to offer. Before I became unemployed, I had plans to do so.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 am

Quote :

My local Goodwill always has a lot of Phil Collins. And I would buy it, but for some reason every last one I've ever found has been scratched to death. Don't know what that says about Phil Collins fans.

Also CDs at mine are 1.99. And they seem to color sticker'em to always avoid the Sunday dollar color. But I can't complain too much the former manager thought CDs needed to be priced at 3.99.

Goodwill is a place that I find about the time I'm ready to give up on them is when I make a great haul. Plus the one I visit has started getting a lot more vinyl.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :

My local Goodwill always has a lot of Phil Collins. And I would buy it, but for some reason every last one I've ever found has been scratched to death. Don't know what that says about Phil Collins fans.

Also CDs at mine are 1.99. And they seem to color sticker'em to always avoid the Sunday dollar color. But I can't complain too much the former manager thought CDs needed to be priced at 3.99.

Goodwill is a place that I find about the time I'm ready to give up on them is when I make a great haul. Plus the one I visit has started getting a lot more vinyl.

this phil collins was in mint condition. My goodwill is really hit or miss but at $1 each its worth trying. I got a Tyketto - dont come easy for $1 so it was not a bad pickup.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Goodwill just opened a store in my area (the first one that I'm aware of) but I haven't had time to go down there and see what there is to see yet. Some of y'all seem to do pretty well on CD scores there so hopefully it'll be the same for me. Lord knows I need a new scrounging spot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Goodwill just opened a store in my area (the first one that I'm aware of) but I haven't had time to go down there and see what there is to see yet. Some of y'all seem to do pretty well on CD scores there so hopefully it'll be the same for me. Lord knows I need a new scrounging spot.

i have two goodwills but the one in my town is knee deep in country music so I dont go there often..

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 am

Mine is new age music central. And if I collected country vinyl I'd be in heaven. But it's always worth a stop in. My best find was Johnny Crash's Neighborhood Threat. Or the time I got the Roy Orbison box set for three bucks. I've also found a bunch of cool t-shirts over the years too.

From a small independent thrift store

Anthrax - The Greater Of Two Evils
Wang Chung - Greatest Hits

Anthrax - Oidivnikufesin Concert on vhs for .50
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:06 pm

So much for my local Goodwill. They had a whopping selection of 5 CDs and 6 Vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Speaking of Goodwill... on a sort-of related note, has anybody checked out the site "Zumu.co" (not "dot-com," it's "Dot-co")? You might have seen their advertisements on VH1 Classic. They will buy your old unwanted CDs, DVDs and video games from you for "re-purposing" elsewhere. You go to their site, punch in the UPC codes of the stuff you wanna dump and they'll make you an offer for your heap right then and there. Then you print out their shipping label, throw everything in a box and send it off, and they'll send you a check.

On a whim I took a stack of my old discs and movies that I haven't had any luck trading or yard sale-ing and input them, but they were only offering me 50 cents or less for the majority of them so I didn't bother pulling the trigger on it. Maybe if I had a storage unit full of movies to get rid of I'd hit them up but it seems like too much trouble to do this with a dozen or so CDs for such a small return.

The reason I bring them up is that they're aligned with Goodwill somehow, so I guess the items they collect must go into Goodwill stores. So hey, everybody dump all your unwanted metal CDs on this site so that they'll trickle down into the new Goodwill store that just opened near me!! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Speaking of Goodwill... on a sort-of related note, has anybody checked out the site "Zumu.co" (not "dot-com," it's "Dot-co")? You might have seen their advertisements on VH1 Classic. They will buy your old unwanted CDs, DVDs and video games from you for "re-purposing" elsewhere. You go to their site, punch in the UPC codes of the stuff you wanna dump and they'll make you an offer for your heap right then and there. Then you print out their shipping label, throw everything in a box and send it off, and they'll send you a check.

On a whim I took a stack of my old discs and movies that I haven't had any luck trading or yard sale-ing and input them, but they were only offering me 50 cents or less for the majority of them so I didn't bother pulling the trigger on it. Maybe if I had a storage unit full of movies to get rid of I'd hit them up but it seems like too much trouble to do this with a dozen or so CDs for such a small return.

The reason I bring them up is that they're aligned with Goodwill somehow, so I guess the items they collect must go into Goodwill stores. So hey, everybody dump all your unwanted metal CDs on this site so that they'll trickle down into the new Goodwill store that just opened near me!! Very Happy

Yea, I investigated that route too. I didn't put in any of my discs, just read-up on them and some reviews. From what I could tell, they're a legit organization. Most of the negative reviews were people complaing about the lower-than-low trade in prices ("What?!? This Michael Bolton cd is worth way more than 25 cents!!"), but that's to be expected. You're not getting top-dollar at a place like this.

I debated giving them a shot with some free promos of 90's alt-rock stuff I've had gathering dust, (noone wants a Grinspoon or Stars of Track & Field cd), but I might do Amazon's trade-in program instead. Since I won't be making any big money off of it, I might as well get it credited to an Amazon gift card I can use.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, I investigated that route too. I didn't put in any of my discs, just read-up on them and some reviews. From what I could tell, they're a legit organization. Most of the negative reviews were people complaing about the lower-than-low trade in prices ("What?!? This Michael Bolton cd is worth way more than 25 cents!!"), but that's to be expected. You're not getting top-dollar at a place like this.

I debated giving them a shot with some free promos of 90's alt-rock stuff I've had gathering dust, (noone wants a Grinspoon or Stars of Track & Field cd), but I might do Amazon's trade-in program instead. Since I won't be making any big money off of it, I might as well get it credited to an Amazon gift card I can use.

One of the major complaints I've seen about them (aside from the low-ball pricing) is that a lot of CDs and DVDs don't seem to be in their UPC code "database," though they promise that new ones are being added all the time and if you punch in something that doesn't come up, they advise you to try it again in a few days.

When I experimented with my stack of stuff, a whole bunch of the DVDs came up "not found." If they had been found, maybe the offer they made me might have been worth the trouble.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

One of the major complaints I've seen about them (aside from the low-ball pricing) is that a lot of CDs and DVDs don't seem to be in their UPC code "database," though they promise that new ones are being added all the time and if you punch in something that doesn't come up, they advise you to try it again in a few days.

When I experimented with my stack of stuff, a whole bunch of the DVDs came up "not found." If they had been found, maybe the offer they made me might have been worth the trouble.

That could be a legit complaint, but one that will be fixed given some time, especially if they're new to the game. I remember going through the same thing with ebay listings years ago. Everything I was trying to put in wasn't found and had to be manually inputed. Now their data base is way bigger.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 pm

As a Goodwill shopper I hope this catches on. I always just assumed Goodwill got most of their CDs when Mom/Pop donated them after little Johnny went off to college or Uncle Fred died. A regular distribution channel to Goodwill would be cool.

Doesn't sound like this Zumu thing gives out any better prices than say a secondspin or amazon. Seems about like the average for online buyers these days. But like I said, hope it catches on.

Quote :
So much for my local Goodwill. They had a whopping selection of 5 CDs and 6 Vinyl.

Mine started out that way but eventually started carrying more. I've been to several in my travels that had nothing. Also at mine they keep the cds in two different places. Some upfront with the dvds and then most are hidden in the back next to the sports equipment.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

I just got a The DogsD'Amour promo tape for $.25

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 51lQoj2pzHL._SL500_AA280_
I found this CD outside in the parking lot in the form of a damp $1 bill blowing around in the wind this morning...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 am

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 4157MWRS1AL._SL500_AA300_
$1

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 7b1feb6709a0d35f33823110.L._AA300_
$1

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:26 pm

from Goodwill for a $1 still sealed:

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 41yHud5c0wL._SL500_AA300_

Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War (Digi) still sealed

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
from Goodwill for a $1 still sealed:

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 41yHud5c0wL._SL500_AA300_

Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War (Digi) still sealed

You over-payed very happy

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought this CD for $1...
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next