Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Trick

Go down 
+17
akeldama
metalinmyveins
skullsmasher
manny
thejokeriv
criss3o
Wargod
Shiney
mr.electric39
stepcousin
rattpoison
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mc666
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cheap Trick - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 am

I'll pick this up as well. Their last coupla releases have been pretty solid. Rockford was really good. Just played that one a week or 2 ago.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Oh this new song is really really good........

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Cheap Trick also take a swing at the famed "Transformers Theme" on the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" soundtrack album...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CNR6H8/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk13/188-4611914-4600332

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 am

From Classic Rock Magazine:

In what might be a last-ditch attempt at reliving the commercial success Cheap Trick enjoyed during the 70s, the band are bringing back another ‘colourful’ by-product of that decade: the 8-track tape.

Classic Rock’s sister website, Music Radar, is reporting:
The band’s Latest album (yes, it’s called The Latest) is available on CD, vinyl and 8-track cartridge.
Cheap Trick’s manager Dave Frey admitted that finding an 8-track manufacturer wasn’t easy: “There was a lot of looking under rocks. They’re expensive to make, and they don’t make very many at a time.”

They eventually found a “small plant” in Dallas, Texas capable of pulling off the retro-fit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 am

manny wrote:

In what might be a last-ditch attempt at reliving the commercial success Cheap Trick enjoyed during the 70s, the band are bringing back another ‘colourful’ by-product of that decade: the 8-track tape.

The band’s Latest album (yes, it’s called The Latest) is available on CD, vinyl and 8-track cartridge.
Cheap Trick’s manager Dave Frey admitted that finding an 8-track manufacturer wasn’t easy: “There was a lot of looking under rocks. They’re expensive to make, and they don’t make very many at a time.”

They eventually found a “small plant” in Dallas, Texas capable of pulling off the retro-fit.

While I do appreciate the novelty idea of producing an 8-track in 2009, do they really think they'll sell enough to off-set the production costs? Pressing vinyl is one thing, but 8-tracks are really pushing the kitch-factor into the red.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:01 pm

manny wrote:

Laughing very hard That's hilarious. I bet most of them would be bought as collectibles, not for playing purposes. I mean, who the hell has a working 8-track player anymore?

Then again, who knows, maybe there's some 70s throwback "Freedom Rock" lookin' guy who's been living in the hills somewhere all this time, who only HAS an 8-track player, and right now he's jumping for joy at this news. "Finally! Something NEW!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Quote :
I mean, who the hell has a working 8-track player anymore?

These people...

http://www.8trackheaven.com/

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I mean, who the hell has a working 8-track player anymore?

These people...

http://www.8trackheaven.com/

Laughing very hard Believe it or not, I've seen that site before. The same people used to publish a little 'zine called 8-Track Mind. I used to see copies of it in Tower Records from time to time.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Has anyone heard their newest release The Latest? Any thoughts or opinions? I really liked Rockford and will get this one eventually. Just curious.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Cheap Trick - Page 3 Bump

I guess their "Amazon Only" release deal ended. I saw copies of the latest Cheap Trick cd at the local FYE. Thought about picking it up, but didn't really have the cash on me.

Anyone heard it yet?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 am

They kicked ass opening for DL/Poison in 2009!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:58 pm

I bought a few of their cds tonight since I've really been thinking about buying their stuff for a while now. I bought this one box set thing that came with In Color, All Shook Up and Super Hits. I gave In Color a quick little spin and I don't I ever heard the original version of I Want You To Want Me before. Holy Crap does that thing suck compared to the other version thats always on the radio. Another thing I found too was I had no idea that the song The Flame was their song. I thought it was someone else, now I feel bad for thinking it was some cheesy eighties band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Yeah, the live version of I Want You To Want Me is much better!!!!

I have always loved the song The FLame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3