Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW CHEAP TRICK

Go down 
+4
glassprison
MetalGuy71
Red Kitty
brokentulsa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:46 am

NEW CHEAP TRICK 81-FZiGdjcL._SY450_

Cheap Trick has a new album coming April 1,2016 called Bang Zoom Crazy...Hello. Looks really interesting..
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:47 am

Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 11:21 am

Nice! Looking forward to this one...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Always looking forward to another Cheap Trick. Judging from that cover photo, I assume they couldn't work things out with Bun E.?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 5:45 pm

That's a really cool song. Back in 2007 the state of Illinois declared April 1st "Cheap Trick Day." I'm hoping to see them at the Metro in Chicago for the celebration this year. I've only seen them once before, on the summer shed tour when they were opening for Poison and Def Leppard. They only had about a 30 minute set but it was awesome.

And yes re: Bun E. Carols. Daxx Nielsen is the current drummer.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Good tune.  They still know how to write a hook.

Hey GP, ever heard Biters?  They remind me of Cheap Trick a lot of the time but also throw in some Thin Lizzy-esque sounds sometimes.  

I think anyone who digs Cheap Trick would also dig Biters.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:07 am

Thanks for the Biters recommendation! I've never heard anything about this band.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 11:43 am

Not bad. Been awhile since I broke any of my CT discs. The guys sound good and the chorus has a movie montage/ soundtrack feel to it. Of course it does, it's Cheap Trick. Laughing

As for Biters, I read of them in Classic Rock Mag last year but never explored beyond that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm hoping to see Cheap Trick with Heart and Joan Jett in Sept.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 5:54 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'm hoping to see Cheap Trick with Heart and Joan Jett in Sept.

That sounds like a fun show! I really like that last Joan Jett album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 10:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
Good tune.  They still know how to write a hook.

Hey GP, ever heard Biters?  They remind me of Cheap Trick a lot of the time but also throw in some Thin Lizzy-esque sounds sometimes.  

I think anyone who digs Cheap Trick would also dig Biters.

I've had these guys on my Amazon want-list for awhile now. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think I'm subconsciously waiting for a cheap copy to show up. I like them, just not $10+ like, ya know?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 7:39 pm

It's a little weird to have "Heart on the Line" as the opener, finally ending up on a Cheap Trick album so many years after it was demoed by the band and recorded by House of Lords for their Sahara album.

That said, I never thought I'd be enjoying a new Cheap Trick album this much. After the first song things really take off. "No Direction Home," "Blood Red Lips," "Roll me," "Long Time No See Ya," and "The Sun Never Sets" are some of the coolest new songs I've heard this year. This one is definitely going to be a frequently player.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 8:15 pm

glassprison wrote:
It's a little weird to have "Heart on the Line" as the opener, finally ending up on a Cheap Trick album so many years after it was demoed by the band and recorded by House of Lords for their Sahara album.

Huh. I had no idea. That's a good song.

That said, I never thought I'd be enjoying a new Cheap Trick album this much. After the first song things really take off. "No Direction Home," "Blood Red Lips," "Roll me," "Long Time No See Ya," and "The Sun Never Sets" are some of the coolest new songs I've heard this year. This one is definitely going to be a frequently player.

cool
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:54 pm

In related CT news, former drummer Bun E. is releasing a solo album...

Quote :
Former Cheap Trick drummer Bun E Carlos will release covers album in June

He’s teamed up with a variety of singers for Greetings From Bunezuela!, which will be released on June 24 via eOne Records.

The sticksman has recorded a version of Robert Pollard’s Do Something Real, which includes vocals from the Guided By Voices frontman.

Carlos tells Rolling Stone: "I'm an average Guided By Voices fan with about 200–300 of their songs in my collection. I had about 15 GBV songs I thought about covering, and Do Something Real kept coming back to me. I could have done an entire album with Robert Pollard alone.”

Carlos says the concept for the record has been in the works since the 70s. He adds: “After 35 years, I'm finally making this record. I made the album like people made records in my childhood. I cut two tracks at a time."

1. Do Something Real – Robert Pollard (Robert Pollard solo)
2. Him or Me – featuring Hanson (Paul Revere and the Raiders)
3. Armenia in the Sky – John Stirratt (The Who)
4. I Love You No More – Alex Dezen (The Blackstones)
5. Tell Me – Alejandro Escovedo (The Rolling Stones)
6. It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry – Dave Pirner (Bob Dylan)
7. Let the Mystery Be – Xeno (Iris DeMent)
8. Idea – Robert Pollard (The Bee Gees)
9. Le Cactus – Nicholas Tremulis (Jacque DuTronc)
10. I Can Only Give You Everything – Rick Rizzo (Them)
11. Slow Down – Alejandro Escovedo (Alejandro Escovedo)
12. Count on Me – Xeno (Fra Lippo Lippi)
13. I Don't Mind – Alex Dezen (Alex Dezen)

I don't recognize any of the songs he's covering or most of the singers he's got singing them. Could be interesting though. I'd give it a shot. I really enjoy the Tinted Windows album he did with that strapper from Hanson.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

He’s teamed up with a variety of singers for Greetings From Bunezuela!, which will be released on June 24 via eOne Records.

The sticksman has recorded a version of Robert Pollard’s Do Something Real, which includes vocals from the Guided By Voices frontman.

Carlos tells Rolling Stone: "I'm an average Guided By Voices fan with about 200–300 of their songs in my collection. I had about 15 GBV songs I thought about covering, and Do Something Real kept coming back to me. I could have done an entire album with Robert Pollard alone.”

Carlos says the concept for the record has been in the works since the 70s. He adds: “After 35 years, I'm finally making this record. I made the album like people made records in my childhood. I cut two tracks at a time."

I don't recognize any of the songs he's covering or most of the singers he's got singing them. Could be interesting though. I'd give it a shot. I really enjoy the Tinted Windows album he did with that strapper from Hanson.

While I am getting tired of covers albums in general, at least these are not run-of-the-mill tunes getting their 1,375th cover (aside from "I Can Only Give You Everything", which has been covered a ton of times).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 2:26 pm

glassprison wrote:

First impressions of this new cd are good. The entire album, as a whole, seems more up-beat and rocking than some previous efforts. Don't get me wrong, Cheap Trick knows their way around a good ballad and Robin has the voice of an angel. But some of their latter albums got bogged down with too many slower, ballady-type tunes that could ruin the momentum. Not so with this album. They vary the tempo, but it rocks from beginning to end.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 6:15 pm

I think I need to pick this one up.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 am

tohostudios wrote:
I think I need to pick this one up.  

I've really liked their last few releases, but this one, they just seemed to step it up a notch. I hate to disparage Mr. Carlos, but maybe adding some fresh blood with Daxx, it re-energized the band.

If you've enjoyed Rockford or The Latest, you should find something to like here as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

2 samples from Mr. Carlos...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bun-e-carlos-armenia-city-in-the-sky/

NEW CHEAP TRICK Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW CHEAP TRICK   NEW CHEAP TRICK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW CHEAP TRICK
Page 1 of 1