Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Trick

Go down 
+17
akeldama
metalinmyveins
skullsmasher
manny
thejokeriv
criss3o
Wargod
Shiney
mr.electric39
stepcousin
rattpoison
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mc666
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Any Cheap Trick fans? If so what is your favorites? Least favorites?

My favorites:
1. Dream Police
2. Cheap Trick (1977)
3. Heaven Tonight
4. In Color
5. Cheap Trick (1997)

That's my Top 5, but I also quite like All Shook Up, One On One, Woke Up With A Monster and Special One. I've yet to hear their latest. Of course At Budakon is a classic as well.

Least favorite:
Busted & Lap of Luxury.
Just couldn't get into them anymore in the late-80's. Too many outside songwriters and overly glossy production I suppose. Sort of odd since I like much of the Aerosmith stuff that features outside songwriters and glossier production.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:46 pm

i loved the s/t thru All Shook Up. not been a fan since, but i still love those albums.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:51 pm

I was just listening to In Color yesterday in the car.

Anyway, for the longest time, I only had their Greatest Hits cd. I just recently started picking up their back catalog. So many great songs! I really enjoy their new one Rockford too. Lots of good rockers without too many ballads.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:21 pm

I don't have much Cheap Trick in my collection but I always loved the S/T from '77 and the ONE ON ONE album from '82. I really should pick up some more of their stuff.
Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:45 pm

I have nothing by them. I only remember those crap songs from the late 80s/early 90s, and they did nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I have nothing by them. I only remember those crap songs from the late 80s/early 90s, and they did nothing for me.
you should really check out the 70's stuff when they were in their prime.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 5:44 pm

The s/t is my fave, but I also really liked the song "Reach Out" which I only have on the "Heavy Metal" movie soundtrack (ironic, because it ain't metal at all, just a cool pop song). Does anyone know if that song ever made it to any of their cd's, either as a bonus track or on a compilation?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 6:06 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
The s/t is my fave, but I also really liked the song "Reach Out" which I only have on the "Heavy Metal" movie soundtrack (ironic, because it ain't metal at all, just a cool pop song). Does anyone know if that song ever made it to any of their cd's, either as a bonus track or on a compilation?

I love this song, but sadly it hasn't made it to any of there catalog at all, studio albums or compilations, which sucks because It's a fantastic track.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 11:29 pm

How many of you have given the 1997 self titled a good listen? It's a
great album that purposely echoes the first album. Raw, catchy hard
rock.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:42 am

Cheap Trick are one of my favourite bands, Cheap Trick's S/T is an amazing album. Like the best stuff of the Raspberries but heavier. I love the whole power pop genre especially when it leans towards hard rock and punk. Enuff Z'Nuff were so good at that too. Interestingly in Martin Popoff's 500 greatest heavy metal albums Cheap Trick's S/T was voted the #495 greatest metal album ever.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 am

well, knowing Martin Popoffs work as i do.. he most likely neglected several hundred great albums.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:35 am

MC666 it was voted on by 1000's of metal heads. So it wasn't his choices. Master Of Puppets was voted number 1 predictably.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:41 pm

I suppose if you were alive back in 1980 or so you had Cheap Trick forced on you by the radio but they did have some good songs and they were a good live act before they turned into a joke in the mid-late 80's.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:54 pm

I first heard 'em in '80 'Live in Budokhan' loved it.

I couldn't afford to buy their back catalog last year but I picked up their 'authorized' greatest hits. Great selection of stuff. I loved 'one on one' and 'dream police' in addition to the live stuff.

When the theme for 'that 70's show' came on my boys were like 'Who's that???" cracked me up....

They are one of the great POP/Rock bands.....

'she's tight.....'
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:03 am

Cheap Trick are LEGEND!!! Love them!!
Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:55 am

Cheap Trick was the second concert I ever saw (with Aldo Nova in
'83). Fav track "Gonna Raise Hell". They did a three night
series at First Ave few years ago where they played the first three
albums in chronological order - track by track! I was lucky
enough to be at the third show where they did the entire Heaven Tonight
album. And the encore was - that's right - Gonna Raise Hell!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:04 pm

It is with great reluctance that admit, I do not now nor have I ever cared much for this band....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:05 am

Oh hell yeah "In Color" is classic "Oh Caroline" saw them 3 times in Fargo late 70's early 80's and Rick Neilsen's 5 stacked guitar rawked!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:26 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Oh hell yeah "In Color" is classic "Oh Caroline" saw them 3 times in Fargo late 70's early 80's and Rick Neilsen's 5 stacked guitar rawked!

Wargod48

What do you think of their 1997 self-title album? I think it's one of their most underrated.

ult
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

What do you think of their 1997 self-title album? I think it's one of their most underrated.

ult

I only owned their Greatest Hits and when that '97 s/t cd came out, a friend told me that it's a "must-have cd". I picked it up (with bonus disc), loved it and it got me interested in picking up their back catalog, especially all of their 70's output. I love the song "Baby No More".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:20 am

[quote="ultmetal"]
Wargod48 wrote:

ult

I agree, I have that one too and it's quite good. I remember the first time I heard it, I hadn't heard Cheap Trick in years but I was browsing around a Tower Records and they were playing the album over the store speakers. After about three songs I went "Damn, this is kick ass! Who is this?" and went to the front counter to ask what CD it was. When they said "It's the new Cheap Trick," I was like "WOW!" and bought a copy right then and there. Great disc!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:33 pm

I think each Cheap Trick cd has it's own vibe for each individual including the 97 S/T but I can't honestly say I've heard that one may have to search for it!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:34 pm

they are awesome live. saw 'em at the LA County Fair about 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 1:27 am

Heaven Tonight
Dream Police
Cheap Trick ('97)
In Color
CheapTrick ('77)
Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 am

Not real familier with them other then the more popular stuff but I did get a killer Cheap Trick Official tie at goodwill once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheap Trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next