Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Trick

Go down 
+17
akeldama
metalinmyveins
skullsmasher
manny
thejokeriv
criss3o
Wargod
Shiney
mr.electric39
stepcousin
rattpoison
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mc666
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

Cheap Trick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:59 pm

I knew there had been a Cheap Trick thread around here somewhere... anyway, made a killer Trick score in the bargain CD bin @ the supermarket (of all places!) a few days ago -- DREAM POLICE remastered w/bonus tracks for $5.98!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I knew there had been a Cheap Trick thread around here somewhere... anyway, made a killer Trick score in the bargain CD bin @ the supermarket (of all places!) a few days ago -- DREAM POLICE remastered w/bonus tracks for $5.98!!

Great price!

Oldies.com has others at that $5.98 price if you are looking to collect them.

http://www.oldies.com/artist-products/Cheap-Trick/format_cds.html
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Great price!

http://www.oldies.com/artist-products/Cheap-Trick/format_cds.html

"Oldies.com?" Are you callin' me old? :kickbutt:

Seriously, thanx for the tip... I already have Cheap Trick's S/T (expanded) from '77 but wouldn't mind getting IN COLOR and/or HEAVEN TONIGHT while I'm on a Trick binge.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Good pick up! One of fav CT CD's
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
How many of you have given the 1997 self titled a good listen? It's a
great album that purposely echoes the first album. Raw, catchy hard
rock.

Excellent CD released on the doomed little record label that folded almost as soon as the cd was released
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:17 am

I've seen them live a couple times but have never bought any of their music. There have been several songs that I have liked but I just never got around to shelling out the cash for a disc. I guess I'll have to remedy that in the near future.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:38 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Great price!

[url=http://www.oldies.com/artist-products/Cheap-Trick/format_cds.html
http://www.oldies.com/artist-products/Cheap-Trick/format_cds.html [/quote[/url]]

Thanks for that link. I've got a few holes in my Cheap Trick collection and the price is right. Is this Oldies.com reliable?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Cheap trick are coming to Ruth Eckerd Hall here in Fl performing SGT. Peppers album on November 14 , it should be very cool, and yes I do self titled from 1997 and its the heaviest Cheap Trick have ever sounded, great cd you should be able to find it cheap, I got mine for $2.00 at Big Lots.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Having graduated from Guilford High School in Rockford Illinois, these guys are definitely the most famous graduates, and are generally regarded as the best thing to ever come out of Rockford. Rick, Tom & Bun E. Carlos were all Guilford guys. Robin on the other hand went to Harlem High in Rockford.

I was an 89 graduate, and went to school with Rick Nielsen's son Aaron. He was a couple of years younger than I was, though we were in one class together (Math was never my strong suit!). During Aaron's senior year Cheap Trick performed at Guilford's prom. How cool would that be?

I like most of their early efforts, but I do enjoy stuff through their "Standing On The Edge" album. I love the song "Tonight It's You" off that album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Cheap Trick is a very cool band, and that is cool that Cheap Trick performed during the senior prom. " Tonight it's you" is a great song, I love their early albums and of course I felt that their 90's self titled album was criminally overlooked and "Woke Up with a Monster" was a great album despite but those pinheaded critics might have said.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:41 pm

manny wrote:
Cheap Trick is a very cool band, and that is cool that Cheap Trick performed during the senior prom. " Tonight it's you" is a great song, I love their early albums and of course I felt that their 90's self titled album was criminally overlooked and "Woke Up with a Monster" was a great album despite but those pinheaded critics might have said.

I shoud've mentioned their "Woke Up With a Monster" album. It was very good, unfortunately it came out in 1994, and went virtually unlooked, due to what was the current music scene.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:44 pm

I like their 70's stuff but after that I haven't given them much of a listen. Heaven Tonight is my fave.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 am

Here's some Cheap trick news:

Cheap Trick's legendary live album Live At Budokan, originally released in 1979, is to get the full-on bells-and-whistles treatment with Budokan!, a deluxe four-CD/DVD box set out on November 11. The DVD includes the full concert, aired only once on Japanese TV. Two CDs feature At Budokan: The Complete Concert, newly remastered, while an additional disc includes the audio counterpart to the DVD plus four bonus songs not included in the original film.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:58 am

They are opening for Journey tomorrow night here in New Mexico. I would kind of like to see them but really don't want to see Journey.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:11 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
They are opening for Journey tomorrow night here in New Mexico. I would kind of like to see them but really don't want to see Journey.

I'm pretty sure if you asked them nicely, they'll play in your backyard. These guys will play anywhere, anytime. Arenas, clubs, state fairs, private parties, parking lots, wherever. Cheap Trick - Page 2 56834
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Sounds good, do you have a number I can call to ask 'em?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:39 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
Sounds good, do you have a number I can call to ask 'em?

Sure. Try 555-5555, ask for Robin.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:11 pm

I tried this, and I got a strange sounding dude named Rob and they charged me $30 bucks. He said he would be happy to play at my house. Should I be worried?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
How many of you have given the 1997 self titled a good listen? It's a
great album that purposely echoes the first album. Raw, catchy hard
rock.

Just picked this up from the library. Like I've explained before on this thread, I went to high school at Guilford (where 3 of the originals went) in Rockford, so Cheap Trick is a way of life here. I have to say that I haven't given a listen to any of their stuff post 1994. I guess I just lost track of the band.

After you brought this album up ULT, I had to check it out. I remember seeing it at the downtown library here in Rockford (I'm back, but probably not for long). I absolutely think this album ROCKS!!!! It definitely harkens back to their old catalog.

On a side note, I often see that some of the music donated to the library is from Bun E. Carlos. Every album he's donated has an animated picture of himself on the front.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm

Great album!!! It is too bad that they were label went under almost as soon as the LP was released. At time they were been citied as an influence on alot of bands that were being shown on MTV's Alternative Nation, of course a few years earlier they were being citied as an influence on pop metal, go figure.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:18 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Cheap Trick was the second concert I ever saw (with Aldo Nova in
'83). Fav track "Gonna Raise Hell". They did a three night
series at First Ave few years ago where they played the first three
albums in chronological order - track by track! I was lucky
enough to be at the third show where they did the entire Heaven Tonight
album. And the encore was - that's right - Gonna Raise Hell!

That is awesome!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 pm

manny wrote:
Here's some Cheap trick news:

Cheap Trick's legendary live album Live At Budokan, originally released in 1979, is to get the full-on bells-and-whistles treatment with Budokan!, a deluxe four-CD/DVD box set out on November 11. The DVD includes the full concert, aired only once on Japanese TV. Two CDs feature At Budokan: The Complete Concert, newly remastered, while an additional disc includes the audio counterpart to the DVD plus four bonus songs not included in the original film.

I will definately be on the lookout for this. On a related note about Budokhan,
I picked up Budokhan II over the weekend for $5 and listened to it today. Awesome. It has my favorite CT song, the cover of the Move's "California Man." Peace.
Back to top Go down
Zé Metal & Company
Metal novice
Metal novice
Zé Metal & Company

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:47 am

Live at Budokan forever
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Bump

Cheap Trick new album news:

According to Gary Graff of Billboard, Cheap Trick is stepping outside
of the label world to release its next studio album, "The Latest,"
itself. The veteran rock group will start taking pre-orders for the 13-track
set, which it recorded during the past year mostly in Los Angeles with
producer Julian Raymond, on Friday via its official web site,
http://www.cheaptrick.com , and at Amazon.com. Those who pre-order will receive "The Latest" on June 23rd, the day
Cheap Trick starts it summer tour with Def Leppard and Poison in
Camden, N.J. Amazon will have exclusive rights for one month, and the album will also be available in limited LP and 8-track editions. Through Amazon and other database information, anyone who's purchased
Cheap Trick music, merchandise or concert tickets in the recent past
will be notified about the album. "The Latest" is certainly an album likely to curry favor with the Cheap
Trick faithful, filled with anthemic power pop tunes, Beatlesque songs
and power ballads. The band's previous album, "Rockford," came out in
2006. "We wanted to make a record that sounded like 2009, get something that
sounds like us this year," drummer Bun E. Carlos explains. Guitarist Rick Nielsen adds that, "I think it seems like we kinda grew
up but didn't too old, 'cause musically there's a lot of different
aspects to it. When you hear something like ('Sick Man of Europe'), you
think, 'This can't be the same guys.' It sounds too energized for what
people expect from somebody who's been around as long as we have...But
musically I think it sounds like we grew up a bit." Besides "The Latest," Cheap Trick has also recorded a version of the
"Transformers" theme for the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
soundtrack, which also comes out June 23rd. The group is also planning to release some sort of document from its
2007 Hollywood Bowl performance of the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely
Hearts Club Band" but is not ready to announce it yet. That
performance, a 40th-birthday tribute to the classic album, featured
such guest vocalists as Aimee Mann on "Fixing a Hole" and Joan Osborne
on "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:13 am

I'm all over this one..........it even has a Slade cover on it "When The Lights Are Out". crazy happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: