Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How familiar are you with your own music collection?

Go down 
+16
stepcousin
mc666
thejokeriv
Shiney
SAHB Healer
sovdat
krokus
kmorg
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Hamer12
Smindas
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
AchrisK
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:50 pm

I don't have the time to listen to everything I own. I have 20 gigs of music on my ipod and I don't listen to most of it - I seem to listen to the same stuff over and over. If I shuffled the song on my ipod it would take almost a month to listen to every song
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:30 pm

i would guess about 70-75% familiar.

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 5:19 am

Hamer12 wrote:
I have the luxury of being able to listen to music as loud as I want at work all day long, I usually bring 5-7 cd's a day & listen to them all before the day is done, I have about 200 I keep in regular rotation but I have listened to them all at least 5 or 6 times, I can honestly say I dont have any right now that I would part with.

Im like you, Im able to listen to 7 or 8 albums a night give-or-take an album here or there. So I have the ability about once every two weeks or so to bring in 7 or 8 albums that I rarely hear or albums Im not sure if I like or not. If I couldnt bring music to work, I would have hundreds of cd's that never make my playlist. It helps me keep my musical tastes broadened and not limited.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:05 pm

sovdat wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I think I have at least 100 unopened discs today, and maybe 500 that I've yet to lsten to....

500 original CDs without even 1 spin?!?

Yup

Saxon: DIBS on the sale!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:24 pm

I actually sat down & counted last night, I have 367 metal cds, 21 old school country Hank 3, Hank 2, Johnny Cash & the like & 43 others. My wife has about 60. I honestly did'nt realize I had that many.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 3:58 am

my collection is growing slowly but surely (i hope to pick up a new disk or two later on today) there are a few i am not very familiar with but i would say 75% is familiar
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 pm

I am going through my stuff and making a little headway, but it's taking a long time.

How you doin' Sax? You ready to unload all that stuff on us yet?

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:47 pm

I will probably have a test run in September. Plans are to take the winter off and list about 250 a week starting the end of October. You can trust I will be marketing the heck out of it when the time comes!
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 9:47 pm

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE!!! I don't have NEARLY the cd collections you guys do! Man! And I thought that I was finding a lot of great new stuff lately! Well I can fit MOST of my cd's...at least the ones I WILL listen to in one carrier thingy. The rest are scattered around my room and whatnot. I also have a smaller cd carrier tyhat has some other ones in it, but overall I don't have even half of half of the collection some of you guys are talking about!!!

This means I'm very knowledgeable with about....70-80% or more of my collection. Some stuff I know somewhat but just haven't listened to it a bunch...Some stuff I've downloaded and I'm trying to determine whether I REALLY like it enough to start buying it or just delete it (unlike MOST downloaders, if I get something and it sucks, I delete it, but if I DO like it I'll buy it...cuz who cares about files when I can get the physical cd with the cool packaging and all that?).

I have a bunch of cd's that I have burned copies that I use until I can get the actual cd for them. Although the Japanese tick me off, they seem to get all of the cool versions of cd's with lots of extra tracks and all that crap. If they're going to do that then re-release the cd here in the states later or SOMETHING!!!!! *sobs at having inferior cd's*

But yeah, I know MOST ALL of my cd's...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 10:18 am

I know about 80% of my collection well enough. I guess I have about 5000 original cds/dvds/lps/7-inch/demotapes. It's mainly metal/hc.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 11:47 am

I'm very familiar with mine. I log my new additions into the computer almost as soon as I get them so I am familiar with what I own. I used to rotate my cds that I took with me to work but now I have them all loaded onto my ipod (don't know what I'll do once that's filled).I've listened to them all (789) numerous times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 3:48 pm

I'm still adding to my collection, and as far as my collection of CD's, cassettes, and vinyl (yes, I have vinyl) goes, I pretty much liked what I heard. I'm familiar with my entire collection so far, but I'm still adding to my collection, so things could still change. I've still got a loooooooonnngg way to go...
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:09 pm

007 wrote:
I'm very familiar with mine. I log my new additions into the computer almost as soon as I get them so I am familiar with what I own.
This is me as well. They go straight on to my CDTracker. I have about 1,000 disc due mostly to the fact that I used to sell a bunch after I got to many. Not any more though. I've regretted letting to many go that I can know longer get again now. At least not new and/or in mint condition. Yes I'm very anal about the condition of my cd's by the way. In all actuality I probably only play about 33 1/3% of my collection though. I do have a long drive to and from work so I usually play at least 7-8 different cd's a day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 4:30 pm

I've got about 600 CDs, but I usually ahve a pile of about 15 or so that still need to be listened to ...

I'm probably super familiar with about 30% of the stuff I have, which is a good ratio if you ask me. They can't ALL be my favorite.

If I am unfamiliar with anything, it is because I don't like it and I plan to sell it. This is probably about 5-15% of my collection ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How familiar are you with your own music collection?   How familiar are you with your own music collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How familiar are you with your own music collection?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: